Habs promise to hire french speaking coach.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Habs promise to hire french speaking coach.

In Response to Re: Habs promise to hire french speaking coach.:
    In Response to Re: Habs promise to hire french speaking coach. : No big deal. I watched part of that game and the thing that stood out was the chemistry between Evander Kane and Wheeler, both are great skaters and Kane is turning into a very good player. I can't remember the third member of that line, maybe Burmistrov, but a fast line for sure. Gave the Habs d-men fits all night.
    Posted by 50belowzero

50, I agree that Wheeler played well in that game. He's actually still on pace for around 60 points so I would think they're relatively happy with him in the Peg.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Habs promise to hire french speaking coach. : No big deal. I watched part of that game and the thing that stood out was the chemistry between Evander Kane and Wheeler, both are great skaters and Kane is turning into a very good player. I can't remember the third member of that line, maybe Burmistrov, but a fast line for sure. Gave the Habs d-men fits all night.
    Posted by 50belowzero

They've been moving lines around alot, but it's been Wellwood on there lately. But I can't recall - it could have been Burmistrov that game.

Regardless, two games I care about tonight, where my two teams can help each other. It's always good for the Bruins when the Habs are losing, so the Jets can help the Bs, and the Jets are neck and neck with the Devils, so a Bs win helps the Peg. Hopefully it's a win/win for me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: Habs promise to hire french speaking coach. : They've been moving lines around alot, but it's been Wellwood on there lately. But I can't recall - it could have been Burmistrov that game. Regardless, two games I care about tonight, where my two teams can help each other. It's always good for the Bruins when the Habs are losing, so the Jets can help the Bs, and the Jets are neck and neck with the Devils, so a Bs win helps the Peg. Hopefully it's a win/win for me.
    Posted by red75

It was Wellwood.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

This is a neat article from TSN comparing the French requirements of the Jets and Habs, and what Noel is doing about it. Guess I wasn't the only one who thought of it.
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=384224

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from felixwas. Show felixwas's posts

Cunneyworth should take enough French lessons so that after the classless Habs fire him at the end of the season, he can go bilingual with the phrase "Go fog yourselves," or words to that effect.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Habs promise to hire french speaking coach. : Well they play one of the worst road teams in the league tonight, so if they're going to start a run to have even a hope, I'd say today has to be the day. That said, one of the very few games that the Jets have won on the road was a 4-0 shutout of the Habs, so it may not be that easy. If they lose tonight, with NYI playing Anaheim on Friday and the Canes meeting the Sabres, there's a very real chance they could be tied for last place in the Conference by the weekend.
    Posted by red75

Well then it should be a good match up. The Habs are one of the worst , if not the worst home teams in the league.
    Voila !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Cunneyworth should take enough French lessons so that after the classless Habs fire him at the end of the season, he can go bilingual with the phrase "Go fog yourselves," or words to that effect.
    Posted by felixwas

I believe that's "tabernac vous" or "maudite vous"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Guys - anybody have a link to an article about the indignity of having a "unilingual" coach in french?

The more outrageous, the better.

I'm going to have it framed along with the newspaper link, it's almost on equal footing as the Bruins cup.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Guys - anybody have a link to an article about the indignity of having a "unilingual" coach in french? The more outrageous, the better. I'm going to have it framed along with the newspaper link, it's almost on equal footing as the Bruins cup.
    Posted by BadHabitude

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hockey/201112/18/01-4479044-des-nationalistes-denoncent-la-nomination-de-cunneyworth.php

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

That is beautiful.  You've done it for me again Red.  Twice in a lifetime.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

Ya know, I'm enjoying the Montreal melt down as most (all?) Bruins fans are, but the Owners/GM's reaction to the francophone press is an insult to Montreal's Anglo fans. Management is basically thumbing their noses at their Anglo-fans.

There are many, many around this continent and the coaching controversy is being perpetuated mainly by local French media.

I feel a little sorry for my English speaking Habs fans.....not really.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

In Response to Habs promise to hire french speaking coach.:
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7415039/montreal-canadiens-apologize-upset-french-canadian-fans This is getting ridiculous up there. how fair is this to Randy Cunneyworth? Now you've just said he wont be back next year, that'll help his cause for getting this team back into the playoff hunt. They might as well fire him now. I know everyone here hates them, but as one poster said, it's better when the Habs are relevent, I agree with that and I for one love nothing more than a Habs-Bruins playoff series.
    Posted by kelvana33

prefer not having them around; they seem to galvanize when they play the Bs, especially in the playoffs.... history seems to bear this out.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anddebbv. Show anddebbv's posts

In Response to Habs promise to hire french speaking coach.:
    http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/7415039/montreal-canadiens-apologize-upset-french-canadian-fans This is getting ridiculous up there. how fair is this to Randy Cunneyworth? Now you've just said he wont be back next year, that'll help his cause for getting this team back into the playoff hunt. They might as well fire him now. I know everyone here hates them, but as one poster said, it's better when the Habs are relevent, I agree with that and I for one love nothing more than a Habs-Bruins playoff series.
    Posted by kelvana33

looks like montreal canadians will end up in court with a discrimmation case if the man is doing his job what difference does language he speaks  ,  montreal is a very different place in the world we are canadians

Sections
Shortcuts