Habs season ends tomorrow?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Habs season ends tomorrow?

I realize we play them again on the 24th, at home, but does anyone else feel like a beatdown tomorrow would completely demoralize their team and fan base? I don't think they'll miss the playoffs, but probably drift to 8th and have a finish similar, if not identical, to their centential year.

With a solid beat down of the Habs tomorrow do they, a team virtually decimated by injuries, realize they can no longer compete with the big boys of the league and start packing it in (keeping in mind their GM basically did already by making 0 deadline moves aside from adding Paul Mara)? What becomes the theme the fan base starts trying to sell to their Maple Leaf rivals (Habs fans need to justify everything to Leafs fans and vice versa)?

Having lived in Montreal, I would predit: minor riot (save the big ones for playoff wins), major tears (from the fans, maybe Kostitsyn as well), name calling (Broons, Goons....???), call for Guathier's head (not French enough), and a rebuilding plan to be formulated (Price plus the 2 firsts they should be able to get for Gomez and Gill = winning!). I don't think it's all necessary but we all know how emotional the Re-Habs and their fans can get.

Come to think of it, does anyone else feel like the Habs of today are like the Leafs just before the lockout...headed towards a period of serious irrelevance? What prospects do they have other than Subban? Aren't their team leaders aging/injured? Isn't their a fan base one that will show up regardless of outcome? Aren't they shunned (for no reason according to the fan base) by all major UFAs? Hamill for 2 firsts and a second, anyone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Habs season ends tomorrow?

They're five points out of second place.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Given the following, I wouldn't want to be charged with keeping that shi*show on the rails:

- No Markov, Spacek, or Gorges

- Second leading scorer is -15

- No backup goalie

- No team strength (speed and skill? Who? Plekanek and Cammelleri? Aging Gionta?)

- No prospects

- Best D-man is 22 and not on great terms with the real team leader (Gill)

- Who the hell are Brandon Nash, Andreas Enqvist, Ryan White?

- Have much confidence in David Desharnais to keep up his pace?

- Have any confidence in Nigel Dawes, Dustin Boyd, Tom Pyatt, Alexandre Picard, or Matthieu Darche?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

They will make the playoffs, so I don't see how their season will end?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Habs season ends tomorrow?:
    [QUOTE]They will make the playoffs, so I don't see how their season will end?
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

To me, your season ends when you realize you cannot win the Cup.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 24Reilly. Show 24Reilly's posts

I'd love to see the Bruins repeat what they did last game against them, but as long as it's a regulation win I don't care how they do it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Habs season ends tomorrow? : To me, your season ends when you realize you cannot win the Cup.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    I guess no one appreciates you speaking metaphorically.I agree completely that another beatdown will be demoralizing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Do not forget the most recent Montreal playoff performance, upsetting Washington and Pittsburgh, as compared to the most recent Boston loss.

I will never understand the premature burying of Montreal.  The B's haven't won anything yet.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]Do not forget the most recent Montreal playoff performance, upsetting Washington and Pittsburgh, as compared to the most recent Boston loss. I will never understand the premature burying of Montreal.  The B's haven't won anything yet.
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

I suppose it is possible Halak will stand on his head again, assited by that strong Montreal defense (Subban, Gil, Hamrlik, Wisniewski, Weber, Sopel).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

OK, keep up the boasting, then.  Let's see how well that works out.

(PS, that Price guy has been pretty good)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BuckNakie. Show BuckNakie's posts

Halak has left the building. He was traded to St Louis earlier in the season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from montrealrules. Show montrealrules's posts

I appreciate reading common sense remarks from beantown fans to counter-punch some of the opposite.
    Contrary to what some think...Montreal will make the playoffs in spite of the injuries....the foundation, albeit a wobbly one, is there for an interesting playoff run knowing full well Philly and Boston are the fav from the east. But Philly has just lost a bunch of games and just got smoked silly by NY so anything can happen. Besides, I'd rather be the underdog then the fav. 

Tomorrows' game here will not degenerate into a free-for-all as some would think unless Boston goons it up first, besides, Campbell, for all his impotence and arrogance, will be at the game.....boston intimidates with its hard play while we with creating quick turnovers and speed. Mtl isn't going to change for Boston now or for payback. I played hockey and I was always more intimidated by speed then rough play......the pros are no different. Nothing says f*** you more then scoring a bunch.
    Even if the goonery starts, I'm pretty sure our tough guys like Pyatt and Spacek [injured] won't be playing. Your welcome to go after Kost and Gomez however.....lol. I'll take Price over Thomas....Price doesn't have the defence core Thomas has and has been stellar....30 games won, 7 shutouts and 35-40 shots a game with our best D-men gone. He doesn't flop or get caught out of position...technically sound and cool as a cucumber.
    Cheers beantown.....'dc fan' has some real hate going on....stay cool bro.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

[QUOTE]I appreciate reading common sense remarks from beantown fans to counter-punch some of the opposite. Contrary to what some think...Montreal will make the playoffs in spite of the injuries....the foundation, albeit a wobbly one, is there for an interesting playoff run knowing full well Philly and Boston are the fav from the east. But Philly has just lost a bunch of games and just got smoked silly by NY so anything can happen. Besides, I'd rather be the underdog then the fav.   Tomorrows' game here will not degenerate into a free-for-all as some would think unless Boston goons it up first, besides, Campbell, for all his impotence and arrogance, will be at the game.....boston intimidates with its hard play while we with creating quick turnovers and speed. Mtl isn't going to change for Boston now or for payback. I played hockey and I was always more intimidated by speed then rough play......the pros are no different. Nothing says f*** you more then scoring a bunch. Even if the goonery starts, I'm pretty sure our tough guys like Pyatt and Spacek [injured] won't be playing. Your welcome to go after Kost and Gomez however.....lol. I'll take Price over Thomas....Price doesn't have the defence core Thomas has and has been stellar....30 games won, 7 shutouts and 35-40 shots a game with our best D-men gone. He doesn't flop or get caught out of position...technically sound and cool as a cucumber. Cheers beantown.....'dc fan' has some real hate going on....stay cool bro.
    Posted by montrealrules[/QUOTE]

Price over Thomas?....no thanks...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]I appreciate reading common sense remarks from beantown fans to counter-punch some of the opposite. Contrary to what some think...Montreal will make the playoffs in spite of the injuries....the foundation, albeit a wobbly one, is there for an interesting playoff run knowing full well Philly and Boston are the fav from the east. But Philly has just lost a bunch of games and just got smoked silly by NY so anything can happen. Besides, I'd rather be the underdog then the fav.   Tomorrows' game here will not degenerate into a free-for-all as some would think unless Boston goons it up first, besides, Campbell, for all his impotence and arrogance, will be at the game.....boston intimidates with its hard play while we with creating quick turnovers and speed. Mtl isn't going to change for Boston now or for payback. I played hockey and I was always more intimidated by speed then rough play......the pros are no different. Nothing says f*** you more then scoring a bunch. Even if the goonery starts, I'm pretty sure our tough guys like Pyatt and Spacek [injured] won't be playing. Your welcome to go after Kost and Gomez however.....lol. I'll take Price over Thomas....Price doesn't have the defence core Thomas has and has been stellar....30 games won, 7 shutouts and 35-40 shots a game with our best D-men gone. He doesn't flop or get caught out of position...technically sound and cool as a cucumber. Cheers beantown.....'dc fan' has some real hate going on....stay cool bro.
    Posted by montrealrules[/QUOTE]

Good post and it's good to hear some valid points from a Habs fan.  No question Price has had a good year.  I am looking forward to seeing how he performs when it really matters though, considering his playoff record is a very unspectacular 5-11.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

LOL at Montrealrules for being the greatest example of the passive agressiveness the Habs and their fans love and the rest of the league can't stand.

Starts out with: "I appreciate reading common sense remarks from beantown fans to counter-punch some of the opposite."

Quickly changes colors to follow with the following slashes to the back of the legs:

- "Tomorrows' game here will not degenerate into a free-for-all as some would think unless Boston goons it up first"

- "I played hockey and I was always more intimidated by speed then rough play......the pros are no different"

- "Even if the goonery starts, I'm pretty sure our tough guys like Pyatt and Spacek [injured] won't be playing. Your welcome to go after Kost and Gomez however.....lol." [Remember, BOS will start the goonery] [Habs welcome to exploit our team of fighters, by the way]

- "He [Price] doesn't flop or get caught out of position...technically sound and cool as a cucumber."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Price over Thomas?  Lolerz

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Allow me to recap the Habs year according to a bunch of posters on this board.

First the Habs were done because Halak was traded. Then they were done when they didn't get a better backup than Alex Auld because Price was a "headcase" and "couldn't handle the responsibilities of being a starter." Then they were done when Markov went down. Then they were done because PK Subban's "antics" were "tearing the room apart". Then they were done when Gorges was hurt. Then they were done when Price went through a 4-5 game slide in January. Then they were done when Cammalleri went down. Tnen they were done when they gave up 8 goals and 35 punches to the Bruins. Then they were done when they didn't pick up a "big player" at the deadline.

Isn't it obvious? This Habs team has a boatload of character (and great goaltending). They're not as deep or as talented as the Bruins are right now. But at the same time, while I don't consider the Habs Cup contenders the way I do Boston, I don't think there's a team in the East that the Habs couldn't conceivably beat in a 4 game series--including the Bruins! And i don't think tomorrow's game will change that, regardless of the outcome.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]OK, keep up the boasting, then.  Let's see how well that works out. (PS, that Price guy has been pretty good)
    Posted by SoxFanInIL[/QUOTE]

I'm with you.  Price has been very good and maybe would not be in 6th and out of a playoff spot if it weren't for Price.
    As for Bruins being the better team on paper I can show you how many times they were better and lost to the Habs ( it'll take too long ) but all you need is to look back at last season what happened to the Caps and Pens.  Price can also stand on his head.
    Matchups and traditions mean a lot when these two teams matchup.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigNickster. Show BigNickster's posts

I can't see the other teams like the Caps, Pens and Bruins failing to respect what kind of team the Habs can turn into come playoff time.

I agree that on Paper the Habs are lucky to be even an 8 spot, but they seem to find a way

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from north1234. Show north1234's posts

you are so right..they just find a damm way...i swear that it doesnt matter who puts on that uniform against the bruins they play  way over their heads...and always seem to beat us....but hey we beat the jerks four straight last time we met in the playoffs so thats what i hang my hopes on...go get em bruins.....i can only imagine how many penalties bruins will get ....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

[QUOTE]Allow me to recap the Habs year according to a bunch of posters on this board. First the Habs were done because Halak was traded. Then they were done when they didn't get a better backup than Alex Auld because Price was a "headcase" and "couldn't handle the responsibilities of being a starter." Then they were done when Markov went down. Then they were done because PK Subban's "antics" were "tearing the room apart". Then they were done when Gorges was hurt. Then they were done when Price went through a 4-5 game slide in January. Then they were done when Cammalleri went down. Tnen they were done when they gave up 8 goals and 35 punches to the Bruins. Then they were done when they didn't pick up a "big player" at the deadline. Isn't it obvious? This Habs team has a boatload of character (and great goaltending). They're not as deep or as talented as the Bruins are right now. But at the same time, while I don't consider the Habs Cup contenders the way I do Boston, I don't think there's a team in the East that the Habs couldn't conceivably beat in a 4 game series--including the Bruins! And i don't think tomorrow's game will change that, regardless of the outcome.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Funny thing! I don't think there's a team in the East that the Bruins couldn't conceivably beat in a 4 game series -- Including the Canadiens!

Should be interesting...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

In Response to Habs season ends tomorrow?:
    [QUOTE]I realize we play them again on the 24th, at home, but does anyone else feel like a beatdown tomorrow would completely demoralize their team and fan base? I don't think they'll miss the playoffs, but probably drift to 8th and have a finish similar, if not identical, to their centential year. With a solid beat down of the Habs tomorrow do they, a team virtually decimated by injuries, realize they can no longer compete with the big boys of the league and start packing it in (keeping in mind their GM basically did already by making 0 deadline moves aside from adding Paul Mara)? What becomes the theme the fan base starts trying to sell to their Maple Leaf rivals (Habs fans need to justify everything to Leafs fans and vice versa)? Having lived in Montreal, I would predit: minor riot (save the big ones for playoff wins), major tears (from the fans, maybe Kostitsyn as well), name calling (Broons, Goons....???), call for Guathier's head (not French enough), and a rebuilding plan to be formulated (Price plus the 2 firsts they should be able to get for Gomez and Gill = winning!). I don't think it's all necessary but we all know how emotional the Re-Habs and their fans can get. Come to think of it, does anyone else feel like the Habs of today are like the Leafs just before the lockout...headed towards a period of serious irrelevance? What prospects do they have other than Subban? Aren't their team leaders aging/injured? Isn't their a fan base one that will show up regardless of outcome? Aren't they shunned (for no reason according to the fan base) by all major UFAs? Hamill for 2 firsts and a second, anyone?
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]
    Haha I love the title

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Should be a crazy/tense game one way or another.  These forums will probably be a disaster tomorrow.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts