Hal Gill hit on Jon Sim

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TThomas30. Show TThomas30's posts

Hal Gill hit on Jon Sim

http://video.canadiens.nhl.com/videocenter/console?hlg=20092010,2,149&event=MTL476

I hate to direct anyone to this site but it had to be done. Funny how its fine when it happens to another team's player, but when it happens to a hab then its a national tragedy...the Canadiens actually have this hit as a highlight on their team's website.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

Re: Hal Gill hit on Jon Sim

Culture

Of

Victimhood

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

In Response to Re: Hal Gill hit on Jon Sim:
    [QUOTE]Culture Of Victimhood .
    Posted by Mutant211[/QUOTE]

Forget that, it pretty much boils down to the fact that they're French Canadian.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hal Gill hit on Jon Sim : Which obviously also explains Bergeron's protracted post-concussion "syndrome". That was such classic fakery. And probably the Bs would have won the cup by now if they hadn't wasted a decade with a damn frenchie as their captain (I forget his name...). Come on you need better arguments and better race baiting lines than this. We're in 2011 not 1975. Pea soup anyone? 
    Posted by Lafleur1979[/QUOTE]

At least Max prooved not all Habs are always only fakeing when their down on the ice. I will give him credit for that as hes the first hab I can honestly say this about in my lifetime. So props to Max for actualy being hurt and not fakeing bravo bravo. Now Max needs to learn not to put his head into posts and he might have a long career.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

[QUOTE]Body check at low speed on a player with the puck versus head push at high speed on a player without the puck. You are grasping at straws my friend. But DENIAL seems to be very much in fashiong today so you are not alone. Nice try though.

Now it is a head push! Wow. The action reaches to the point of media ludricrosy!  What is in your coffee in the morning!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Swerengen. Show Swerengen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hal Gill hit on Jon Sim : Grasping at straws, semantic hairsplitting... Neurons are really firing wildly on this board today, desperately looking for excuses. Yeah! Chara pushed, directed, eased, aimed Pacioretty's head onto the turnbuckle. Whatever you call that motion, it's the critical, deliberate element that led to the injury. Look at the vids and pics. Oh! Nevermind! you know exactly what I mean but denial is such a comfortable place to be isn't it.  

I guess every player, coach and analyst asked about this, from around the league are in denial too.  Becuase they all completely disagree with you

......you are aware of that, right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 77ray77. Show 77ray77's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hal Gill hit on Jon Sim : Grasping at straws, semantic hairsplitting... Neurons are really firing wildly on this board today, desperately looking for excuses. Yeah! Chara pushed, directed, eased, aimed Pacioretty's head onto the turnbuckle. Whatever you call that motion, it's the critical, deliberate element that led to the injury. Look at the vids and pics. Oh! Nevermind! you know exactly what I mean but denial is such a comfortable place to be isn't it.  
    lafleur just cause you keep saying it over and over doesnt make it true, keep on crying you baby... waaa waaaa waaaa , hab fans truly are classless , senseless, mindless , pityful, woeful , excuses of humanity

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

Get your head out of the glue pot...and come back to reality. Is someone pushing or easing your head over it? You and your clowns from Quebec are imagining seeing something, that isn't there. Get a life.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Yup the neurons are firing wildly with full synapse in Boston.  Now the neurons firing wildly without synapse is moronic in Montreal.  Gill on Sim! Pacioretty on Eaton... intent to injure but where were the provincial police of provincial Quebec on that one?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bailey77. Show bailey77's posts

i wonder what would have happened if the prosecutor that recommended a criminal investigaton was a leafs fan - goes to show that the idiocy exists in the legal community as well as in the fan base of the montreal canadiens.

fast paced game, wrong place wrong time, one player stronger than the other.

ok we can move on now

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Lafleur,

I am likely one of the minority that calls things on this baord as I see them.  It can be debated back and forth but in the end the league said it was a hockey play that went wrong.  There is no way to prove the intent.  They both were playing a game of chicken(they both knew where they were on the ice) and Max lost.  It's no different than a player pulling up when going in the corner against a guy known for hitting or who is a giant. 
    3 Factors:
    1. Speed of the game.
    2. Location.
    3. Physical aspect of the game. 
    When two large people with speed collide into a solid object normally something has to give. 

Combine these with a 1-million chance and the unfortunate happened. 

I say it was a hockey play.  I know that doesn't sit well in Montreal but this is a contact game where every "HIT" is a physical play.  Injuries happen. 

I mean we can sit and list the different incidents involving Montreal players but what purpose does that serve other than calling for a double standard.  The Lapierre hit on Nichol makes me ill.  He was smiling and laughing about it after the play.  There are countless other plays as well but I don't think it needs to be brought up.
    I don't think this is a French vs English issue at all.  But I do believe that the Montreal fans have made it into that.  They constantley boo the American National Anthem(being from Nova Scotia I find this very disrespectful) and always seem to start this type of feud. 

A 2-3 game suspension does nothing for Max.  He still would be laid up.   This issue has been overblown in the media.
    What would you have liked to see?  As a fan of hockey I am asking what you think Chara deserved and a rationale behind it. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Lafleur, I am likely one of the minority that calls things on this baord as I see them.  It can be debated back and forth but in the end the league said it was a hockey play that went wrong.  There is no way to prove the intent.  They both were playing a game of chicken(they both knew where they were on the ice) and Max lost.  It's no different than a player pulling up when going in the corner against a guy known for hitting or who is a giant.  3 Factors: 1. Speed of the game. 2. Location. 3. Physical aspect of the game.  When two large people with speed collide into a solid object normally something has to give.  Combine these with a 1-million chance and the unfortunate happened.  I say it was a hockey play.  I know that doesn't sit well in Montreal but this is a contact game where every "HIT" is a physical play.  Injuries happen.  I mean we can sit and list the different incidents involving Montreal players but what purpose does that serve other than calling for a double standard.  The Lapierre hit on Nichol makes me ill.  He was smiling and laughing about it after the play.  There are countless other plays as well but I don't think it needs to be brought up. I don't think this is a French vs English issue at all.  But I do believe that the Montreal fans have made it into that.  They constantley boo the American National Anthem(being from Nova Scotia I find this very disrespectful) and always seem to start this type of feud.  A 2-3 game suspension does nothing for Max.  He still would be laid up.   This issue has been overblown in the media. What would you have liked to see?  As a fan of hockey I am asking what you think Chara deserved and a rationale behind it. 
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

and I thought you didn't want to talk about this anymore.

If their logic holds then if you trip a player (like Marchand did last night0 and the guy falls bad and hurts something on his body Marchand (in this case) should be suspended for 4 games, at least !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Lafleur - Go troll some other board. You are tiresome, predictable and most of all, deluded and ignorant. Do you really think your biased view is going to change anyone's opinion here? If so, let's add idiot to the list. If not, then you are only here to be an antagonistic troll from the anonymous safety provided by your computer in your mom's basement. In any case you serve no purpose other than to further tarnish your team's fans which is unfair to them as most of them are decent people, unlike yourself. So do us, yourself and the Montreal fans a favor and go away. Thanks and have a nice day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

BSL,

I get roped into it.  I wanna stay away from the topic but it drives me nuts.  I will do my best to stay away from this topic. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

@Lafluer & Wedgy

Canadiens fans and the organization sounds like they think they are more important than anyone else. They blatantly dodge questions about thier own dirty plays, but then expect everyone to jump on a bandwagon to "fix" hockey. Problem is the only fix thier looking for is one that benefits thier team by suspending Chara.

Then they completely disrespect the league and its ruling. You know why Boston is classier? We dont boo your national anthem or your vets of foriegn wars in your home arena first of all. Second of all our media had a sitdown with Bettman and Campbell themselves to ask the hard questions but didnt go over the leagues head. Following the savard incident. You know what the result was? A new headshot rule.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from livetoride. Show livetoride's posts

This is the stupidest comparison I have seen in a while. Gill is skating BACKWARDS and riding a player to the boards like any defenseman does. Chara was FACING the turnbuckle and drove Paciorettys head into it.  Wow...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Let's see Bettman & Co regain the upper hand and the shreds of their credibility now that Geoff Molson has put his foot down.

Once again you just seem to think your better than the other 29 teams in the league. Bettman said it best they can find another airline and another franchise if they wont respect the NHL and its decision making process.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]This is the stupidest comparison I have seen in a while. Gill is skating BACKWARDS and riding a player to the boards like any defenseman does. Chara was FACING the turnbuckle and drove Paciorettys head into it.  Wow...
    Posted by livetoride[/QUOTE]
    So he's excused from knowing where he was on the ice?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

"P.S.: If you believe that Chara did not know who he was attempting to check or where on the ice he was situated, I have a very profitable parking lot to sell you in Glendale, AZ.  "

Sure he did.  But so did Max.  He played chicken and lost.  Bet he doesnt do that again.  Hockey play. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonrob13. Show bostonrob13's posts

I think this was a great find. OBVIOUSLY it's not the same circumstances, but will you ever find two hits that are exactly the same?

The point here is to illustrate that this type of thing happens all the time. And Habs fans love it when it happens to a player on the other team (granted he wasn't hurt as badly).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from livetoride. Show livetoride's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hal Gill hit on Jon Sim : So he's excused from knowing where he was on the ice?
    Posted by DrCC[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I guess you could argue they both should have known where they were on the ice but I just feel its obvious when Chara was facing the turnbuckle dead on and followed through on Paciorettys head...whatever, I'm sick of arguing each side and am just bummed that Pacioretty, one of my favorites, is out now because of a stupid play. I just hope he recovers fully.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chapter10. Show chapter10's posts

Uh Lafleur, you do realize that Air Canada is surviving solely on Federal Government subsidisation, is a failing business and the actual benefit of its sponsorship to the NHL is laughable. The only reason Air Canada came forward with this "white knight" publicity stunt is due to the head offices of Air Canada being in Montreal. It is simply optics. Very similar to Royal Bank (RBC) publicly stating that they will not invest in any company dealing with Canadian Oil Sands. Optically the company looks like they are being positive, green, etc. which attracts a certain market. It is trying to take advantage of a situation.

If Air Canada pulls its sponsorship, and in turn owners boycott their service, who really loses? I can guarantee WestJet expands their US destinations in a hurry.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hal Gill hit on Jon Sim : I don't know, I guess you could argue they both should have known where they were on the ice but I just feel its obvious when Chara was facing the turnbuckle dead on and followed through on Paciorettys head...whatever, I'm sick of arguing each side and am just bummed that Pacioretty, one of my favorites, is out now because of a stupid play. I just hope he recovers fully.
    Posted by livetoride[/QUOTE]
    I think we can all agree on that.  I hope.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hal Gill hit on Jon Sim : So why did Chara LIE about this? I think you know the answer.

he shouldnt have to justify anything.  he was playing hockey.  it was a hockey play.  lets call a spade a spade by the way.  he didnt use a weapon like Dino back in the day.  he didnt punch like Bertuzzi.  he didnt run him from behind.  he made a hockey play.  he obviously meant to make a hockey play.  thats when the unfortunate happened.  and lets not play this like he could do it again with the same result.  I have seen many players hit the same spot without the same result.  it was an unfortunate accident.  if he jumped up and skated away we wouldnt even be talking about this. 

hockey play.  end of story. 

Sure Bettman has dropped the ball on many occasions.  But he is changing the rules slowly.  all the grey area is hard to split down the middle.  I mean Scott Stevens made a living out of hitting people.  In todays rules he would be playing.  Hockey has turned into a media bleeding heart circus.  the players obviously love the game and realize risk is involved. 

The point most on here are making is that Montreal has gone over the edge on this but fail to realize their own players have done worse.  I mean 911 is for emergency situations.  How in the heck was this an emergency? and then airlines threatening the league? Take a hike Air Canada and stop using this to sell tickets.  Did they threaten this after the Bertuzzi incident? Or after Max Lapierre's incident or McSorely?  Who are they?  And again, I love how Bettman put them in their place. 

This is all laughable.  It truly is.  You make good points but this is a complete joke.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Why do you call Pacioretty a moron, isn't he one of your own, you ribbiting, peasouping troll.

Change your avatar name, a player with class treated like dirt, just like another player that had to ask to be traded.

If you are going to speak on here as a regular joe, have some valid backup.  Kennedy comes on here, he is a definite Hab fan, but at least he is not brainless(at least not all the time.lol) in his attitudes and brings points pro and con to any discussion he brings, whether he is wrong or right, he tries to see the whole pictue like many who are on here.

What has always got my dander up, and probably always will, are arrogant scabitant peasoupers.  They are not all french, where I grew up the majority were english.  Montreal has won 0 cups in the past 17 years, even though they all said we will win in 2000 because it is the 7 year cycle and then said they were destined to win on their 100th anniversary, didn't happen.  The chirp is usually count the cups, who cares that your grandfather, and father got to see the glory years, you and your children are getting to see the decline of French Canadian empire.  There are just 3 quebecers (Darche, Desharnais and Picard) on your roster of 27, there are 13 Canadians in total with 7 Americans and 7 Europeans, The Canadiens are now outnumbered on their own team. A team that is skating into obscurity, just as the TV drama Dynasty did, soon they will rival the B's and Leafs in not winning in decades, your due is coming.

Stuck in denial, take your head outta your hole and quit crying.  It was an unfortunate injury, yes, was it premeditated attempt to injure, no, did Chara stand over his slumped body and throw punches at him, no.  Chara gave him a ride into the boards, quite often this play isnt even called a penalty.  The injury is what caused the major because the Ref wanted to keep the game in hand. Once again the result is horrendous to Pacioretty, but it is a play, part of hockey, it was not a premeditated attempt to injure.  When you step back and say that Pac, Gill and every other infraction that the Habs have had in their history should be judged like, ye are trying to do to Chara, then you can comment.

Until then go have a Pepsi and a Joe Louis, some frog's legs or some Habitant peasoup, but please keep your shiite on your own boards.

Sections
Shortcuts