Hall call: Three likely locks, but will fourth get in ?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Re: Hall call: Three likely locks, but will fourth get in ?

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

JR. It's too bad that injuries limited Lindros because he was a beast, talent w/ size & speed.

And a big fawking baby! Hope that punk never gets in! Him & his old man are a disgrace! 

[/QUOTE]

I don't think he'll get in due to injuries cutting down all his numbers. Baby or not he was a beast before the concussions and that's a fact.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[/QUOTE]

I don't think he'll get in due to injuries cutting down all his numbers. Baby or not he was a beast before the concussions and that's a fact.

[/QUOTE]

I agree, but the there's some honor involved with regards to the HOF. Carl & Eric had ZERO! What he did to the Sault Greyhounds & Nords was disgusting. Regardless of how it helped the Nord/Avalache overall doesn't matter. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Kind of suprised one of the four we've talked about didnt get in. I picked Mogilny to get the nod could have seen any of the other three. For not one to get in is kind of shocking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Kind of suprised one of the four we've talked about didnt get in. I picked Mogilny to get the nod could have seen any of the other three. For not one to get in is kind of shocking.

Yeah, I'm not surprised Heaney got in this year, but on the male side, I thought they would have gone to the max and then add one or both of Heaney or Ranscombe in the women's category. I thought that this was year where 5 or 6 players may have gotten in (max out in both categories) but as always the hall selection process remains a baffling mystery to me.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

Scott Niedermyer is the most decorated player in the history of the game. So glad he was named. A Memorial Cup, WJC gold, 3 Stanley Cups, An Olympic Gold Medalist, A World Cup, A World Championship, A Conn Smythe, a Norris & 3 1st All-Star & two 2nd team selections. One of the most poised d-men I ever seen play the game. 

Housley deserves to be in there. As does Pat Burns! It's a travestry that neither are at this point. Neely was my favourite player of all time & he got in with very few games played, but he  was responsible for creating a hockey term of "Power Forward". However, Housley was still a great offensive d-man & has the games & stats to backup why he should be there. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

Never liked Nedermeyer's game despite all his accolades.....wore a dress....soft......like Steve Duchene...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

In response to golden9x2's comment:

[QUOTE]

Scott Niedermyer is the most decorated player in the history of the game. So glad he was named. A Memorial Cup, WJC gold, 3 Stanley Cups, An Olympic Gold Medalist, A World Cup, A World Championship, A Conn Smythe, a Norris & 3 1st All-Star & two 2nd team selections. One of the most poised d-men I ever seen play the game. 

Housley deserves to be in there. As does Pat Burns! It's a travestry that neither are at this point. Neely was my favourite player of all time & he got in with very few games played, but he  was responsible for creating a hockey term of "Power Forward". However, Housley was still a great offensive d-man & has the games & stats to backup why he should be there. 

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because Dirty little bastar d was taken!"- Marty Brodeur

Never liked Nedermeyer's game despite all his accolades.....wore a dress....soft......like Steve Duchene...

[/QUOTE]

Smart hockey player with tons of skill - good defensively, good offensively, great skater. He didn't need to be physical and he was where he needed to be on the ice so it didn't affect him in that regard either.  Where was he soft because he didn't throw or take big hits like Gretzky?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from golden9x2. Show golden9x2's posts

Just dont like soft hockey players...and just never liked him...one is entitled to their opinion(s).....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

You are entitled to your opinion but is Gretzky soft?  He is more talented than Scott and plays a different position but otherwise they are very similar - good skill, good results, winners, get to where they need to be on the ice, don't play very physical or gritty.

i respect you liking gritty players. I like guys like Neely and Orr who can do it all over Gretzky and Neidermayer as well.  I still respect Gretz and Scott N and I don't think they are soft.  Guys who are soft are guys who disappear when the going gets tough.  Each of these guys has 4 Cups to show that they didn't do that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

So as a Bruins fan would you call Jean Ratelle, with his 2 Lady Byng's, HHOF career and playing as a member of the original Big Bad Bruins, soft? There's a massive difference between soft and clean.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Gretzky took a beating on the ice.  Yeah, yeah Semenko...while somewhat true, those stories are greatly exaggerated. 

Anyway, back to the Hall.  I still don't understand why they let women in there.  Women should have a separate Hall to honor all 20 that deserve it.  It's a different game.  They don't induct sled hockey guys.  Or Bubble Hockey champs, for that matter.  If they did, I'd be in there.  My Jagr's Long Stick guy R-U-L-E-S.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Gretzky took a beating on the ice.  Yeah, yeah Semenko...while somewhat true, those stories are greatly exaggerated. 

Anyway, back to the Hall.  I still don't understand why they let women in there.  Women should have a separate Hall to honor all 20 that deserve it.  It's a different game.  They don't induct sled hockey guys.  Or Bubble Hockey champs, for that matter.  If they did, I'd be in there.  My Jagr's Long Stick guy R-U-L-E-S.

Actually they do - a sledge hockey team has been inducted  - recognized? -, and the guy who invented the sport is in the hall as a builder. Women have their own category, as do refs and builders and as do teams (in an odd way I don't completely understand - are they official or not?) Women being in the hall, in their own wing (and by their own wing I mean the 2 women inducted o date having their displays side by side on a side hall of the players' displays) and own category takes absolutely nothing away from the rest of the HHOF. It simply recognizes different contributions to different parts of the game. It's the hockey hall of fame, not the men's hockey hall of fame or the nhl hall of fame.

Are Ray Scapinello or Andy Van Hellemond more deserving of the HHOF than Cammi Granato?

This is the comparable in a way - neither are in the male players' category. They have a category to themselves to recognize their contribution to HOCKEY in their own way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

edit

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Are Ray Scapinello or Andy Van Hellemond more deserving of the HHOF than Cammi Granato?

This is the comparable in a way - neither are in the male players' category. They have a category to themselves to recognize their contribution to HOCKEY in their own way.

Yes they are. They were the best officials that worked the best hockey games in the world, the NHL.

Picking out a handful of women that were the "best" of a very weak segment of the hockey playing population... the "World class" level basically on a par with boys Midget teams... does not belong in the Hall of Fame.  As NAS said, if there was a Womens' Hockey Hall of Fame... fine, much like the US Hockey Hall of Fame.

Otherwise, it makes as much sense as picking Hall of Famers from the Sunday Night Men's leagues or all-time greatest roller hockey players, too. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Oy... is their a misogny hall of fame?

What is wrong with the Hockey hall of fame recognizing separately the contributions by women to the sport? Actually I know the answer - nothing, unless you think you need a c*** to contribute to this sport.

What part of "own category" and "hockey" do you not understand?

The women's sport is still developing admittedly, but that argument would disavow other male hall of famers as well. Should players in the hall who played with no lines for part of their career, or who who played 8 or 7  a side hockey be disavowed, or should they be recognized for their pivotal role in the evolution in the sport and their excellence for the era they played?

Women's hockey today has a long way to go, I admit, but so did men's hockey in he 20's and 30's - do you want to tell Georges Vezina, Joe Malone's and Howie Morenz's relatives that their granddads are no longer welcome, or should I?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Oy... is their a misogny hall of fame?

Misogny is a funny concept.  Unpopular thoughts get labels.  Anyway, who won the sled hockey championship the most times?  Why isn't he in the Hall?  They should induct four NHL guys, two women and two sled hockey players ever year.

If you disagree, you hate the handicapped.

Is there a word for that?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Niedermayer is the only player in history to win every major North American and international championship. He won the Stanley Cup four times (1995, 2000, 2003, 2007) and a gold medal at the Olympics (2002, 2010), the World Championship (2004), the World Cup of Hockey (2004), and the World Junior Championship (1991). He also won the Memorial Cup with the Kamloops Blazers in 1992"

Winning!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

Niedermayer wasn't soft, but elusive to getting hit. To quote Scott Stevens- " Scotty wasn't afraid of being hit, but it was like he found a way of you being the one that hurt more after hitting him, or missing him. I crunched him a few times in practice & I was the one that skated away with the bruise. So after a while you didn't want to hit him, because he never felt it anyway. You did!"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to golden9x2's comment:

Just dont like soft hockey players...and just never liked him...one is entitled to their opinion(s).....

My entitled opinions ?

1) Johnny Bucyk...... falls into your category of dress wearer too ( 2 Lady Byngs ). 

2) All time NHL great.

3) golden9x2"s entitled opinions blow.

Sections
Shortcuts