Hall Pass

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hall Pass

I can't even believe how well Seguin is playing this season.  Well, I can believe it because he's supposed to be this good, but I can't believe it is actually happening.  At the beginning of his second season, he's leading the team in goal and assists but is only fourth in TOI for forwards.

We've watched other teams get their stars from the first few selections of the draft.  Crosby, Stamkos, Ovechkin, Tavares, Malkin etc.

Now the B's got one, too, and what's even better is that they didn't have to finish at the bottom of the pile to get it.

I know you know all of this.  I'm just typing it all out because I'm still not sure if it's real.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Re: Hall Pass

They watched Crosby's minutes in his 1st year also,  Therrien did.

It's real ! 
    I posted this in another thread; Do you think his development has a lot to do with his experience he obtained in the playoffs ?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Hall Pass:
    [QUOTE]They watched Crosby's minutes in his 1st year also,  Therrien did. It's real !  I posted this in another thread; Do you think his development has a lot to do with his experience he obtained in the playoffs ?
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

No.  I think he's just that good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

I'm with you NAS. Its hard to believe the hockey Gods have been so kind to our Bruins. A Cup, Seguin, and just think, we have yet to see our other Maple Laffs gifts bear fruit! The New England pessimist in me is waiting for the other shoe to drop, but having our own version of "the young potential superstar" is a beauty to enjoy. I know I havent seen such a thing in my Bruins fanboy history.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Good words for an elite talent, and, as noted, still to come Knight and Hamilton. Just noted Caron to Providence. Good move to help Caron get some game time, but indicates Pouliot and Thornton [ Fluto's favorite] will continue to be provided all the rope they'll need. Hopefully all evaluations are based on Bruins winning hockey games, not just spirited fisticuffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

I said this on another thread.  I think the Marchand basher thread.  We should be tickled pink that Seguin is turning into a flower right in front of our eyes.  He has it all and is 19.  19 yrs old.  Franchise player.  we also have a young and talented(sometimes critized) Brad Marchand in his 2nd year.  DK, Bergie Lucic& Horton young and entering primes.  Thats a nice top 6 if used that way. 
    Im extremely happy with our young core fwds.  Extremely happy!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Speed to burn, great vision, can pass and one heck of a twisted wrister. I'm still hoping they get to the point where they set him up for the off wing one-timer on the power play.  Stamkos-esque slap shot..It's going to be fun watching him develop.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I think we're starting to see that element of Yzerman-ish bits in terms of an all-around game we had heard about.  That crisp, accurate cross-crease pass he made to Lucic for the tap-in last Thursday vs the Leafs was tremendous.  I'm looking forward to his steady emergence as a star in the league as he continues to find his way.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

Seguin has been great and I am over the top that it looks like he has already made the jump from boy to man.  It is a long season so I am sure there will be a few mini-slumps but nothing like last year.  He is just too good and the difference in strength is amazing.  Last year around the net he was rarely able to stand his ground.  This year the defense are having a hard time moving him.  He is where he is because he wants to be great.  He works hard in the off-season and competes with great players like Stamkos.  That is going to make him better and if he does well there, it is going to build confidence quickly, ant it seems it has.  Last but not least, kudos to CJ for recognizing that Tyler is a different player this year and giving him more ice.  If he keeps playing the way he has, he will be out in every key offensive situation.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'll go even further.  I think this kid is going to the HOF.  AND...

AND I think he's going to be one of *the* ones people talk about when they talk about Orr, Wayne, Mario & etc.

AND he's going to arrive there by a path that none of the others used.

They all were advertised as the real deal and arrived on day 1 and showed it.

Tyler's history will read like this.  Yes, he was highly touted, but no one (except me) ever thought he'd end up being one of the great ones.  Especially after his first season which was just kind of ok.  As his career progressed people started to see he was going to be one of the very good ones.  Then he improved even more and people began to recognize that he was driven to succeed and improved over each previous season, and exceeded expectations.  I say he's going to do what no player has done before - he's going to keep improving until he hits 29-31 somewhere there and then level out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

[QUOTE]I'll go even further.  I think this kid is going to the HOF.  AND... AND I think he's going to be one of *the* ones people talk about when they talk about Orr, Wayne, Mario & etc. AND he's going to arrive there by a path that none of the others used. They all were advertised as the real deal and arrived on day 1 and showed it. Tyler's history will read like this.  Yes, he was highly touted, but no one (except me) ever thought he'd end up being one of the great ones.  Especially after his first season which was just kind of ok.  As his career progressed people started to see he was going to be one of the very good ones.  Then he improved even more and people began to recognize that he was driven to succeed and improved every season, topping the last season where he exceeded expectations.  I say he's going to do what no player has done before - he's going to keep improving until he hits 29-31 somewhere there and then level out.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Wow I am a huge TS fan and I hope you are right but I think predicting he will be one of the elite players up there with Orr and Gretzky would be met by skepticism by even the biggest Seguin fans.  Again I hope you are right for the Bruins sake and I also want that trade to be even a bigger mistake on Burke's resume. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hall Pass : Wow I am a huge TS fan and I hope you are right but I think predicting he will be one of the elite players up there with Orr and Gretzky would be met by skepticism by even the biggest Seguin fans.  Again I hope you are right for the Bruins sake and I also want that trade to be even a bigger mistake on Burke's resume. 
    Posted by huntbri[/QUOTE]

Look at his career, no one ever heard of him in bantams, look at how he improved through jr., look at the beginning of last season vs. the end of last season and look at him now.

It's not by accident, he works out hard - real hard - in the off season.  He's still maturing mentally and physically.  All my senses tell me he has "a long way to go" in that his skills still seem "raw", he still hasn't fully grown physically

The player his career will most closely resemble will be that of Jagr.  Jagr still looked like a child at 18 19 20 - as does Seguin, Jagr didn't stop growing until later, like 21 or 22 - or at least it seemed that way.  All the same for Seguin, except Seguin has a boatload more natural talent, a fleet of boats more speed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]I'll go even further.  I think this kid is going to the HOF.  AND... AND I think he's going to be one of *the* ones people talk about when they talk about Orr, Wayne, Mario & etc. AND he's going to arrive there by a path that none of the others used. They all were advertised as the real deal and arrived on day 1 and showed it. Tyler's history will read like this.  Yes, he was highly touted, but no one (except me) ever thought he'd end up being one of the great ones.  Especially after his first season which was just kind of ok.  As his career progressed people started to see he was going to be one of the very good ones.  Then he improved even more and people began to recognize that he was driven to succeed and improved over each previous season, and exceeded expectations.  I say he's going to do what no player has done before - he's going to keep improving until he hits 29-31 somewhere there and then level out.

Did StanleyCupToBruins abduct you ?  LOL... 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

He has the raw skill and as you have indicated, his drive to be better has been there at every level.  He would go from just being a player in the league to one of the best.  Skill and drive is a large part of the equation to being a top player. I think barring injuries he will be one of the best players in the league.  I just think it is hard to predict where he will end up in comparison to the Jagrs etc when he is so early in his career. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

Glad the slower students in the class are finally catching up on the Seguin issue.

Took you long enough.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Glad the slower students in the class are finally catching up on the Seguin issue. Took you long enough.
    Posted by ingrizzlebizzles[/QUOTE]

First: 10/3/2011

Did you say this 20 days ago?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Anyone know about his knee tweek ?....He sure seemed like he was in pain on the bench....I believe being drafted by an NHL team that was in the top of the league helped Seguin more than if he would have being drafted by the Oilers.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone know about his knee tweek ?....He sure seemed like he was in pain on the bench....I believe being drafted by an NHL team that was in the top of the league helped Seguin more than if he would have being drafted by the Oilers.
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

I think he was in pain from the stick he got to the mid section near the end of the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

File under:

"what has brian burke done for you today?"

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Still a little early to call this one, but the indications are sure there.  I need to see few things first. Continue to get chances, even if the points aren't there.  Don't be a defensive liability.  Make any linemates he plays with look better.    Most importantly sustain it for more than 7 games.    

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]I'll go even further.  I think this kid is going to the HOF.  AND... AND I think he's going to be one of *the* ones people talk about when they talk about Orr, Wayne, Mario & etc. AND he's going to arrive there by a path that none of the others used. They all were advertised as the real deal and arrived on day 1 and showed it. Tyler's history will read like this.  Yes, he was highly touted, but no one (except me) ever thought he'd end up being one of the great ones.  Especially after his first season which was just kind of ok.  As his career progressed people started to see he was going to be one of the very good ones.  Then he improved even more and people began to recognize that he was driven to succeed and improved over each previous season, and exceeded expectations.  I say he's going to do what no player has done before - he's going to keep improving until he hits 29-31 somewhere there and then level out.

I should have been reading your posts on Seguin a long time ago . I didn't realize all this was going to happen. Remarkable career this Seguin fellow you speak of will have.

Any thoughts on the 2 second rounders picked in Seguin's draft year and how they'll do ?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hall Pass : I should have been reading your posts on Seguin a long time ago . I didn't realize all this was going to happen. Remarkable career this Seguin fellow you speak of will have. Any thoughts on the 2 second rounders picked in Seguin's draft year and how they'll do ?
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

Yes, it was a bold statement.  I'll stick by it.  Meet me right here 10/23/2031 and you'll see I'm right.

I think Spooner will be like Samsonov, big splash right off and then fades out.  Knight more or less the same way.  And I'm not the least bit confident in saying that.  But of course I don't know.  Just making my WAG predictions from my limited exposure to Knight and Spooner.

I have never seen anyone with a learning curve like Seguin has had.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Seg hits his stride at 19 and Kess at 24.

TS leads league in +/-, wow, must be driving clod nuts.

Speed and talent, what a wonderous combination.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Ok all you hockey gurus who have played copious amounts of hockey, are much more learned about the nuances of the game, and basically have better understanding of the players, I will say this as a fan.  Seguin can shoot the puck with the best of them.  He is in position to score now.  He is downright scary when entering the offensive zone!  May he be given more time on ice even if he is out of position.  

Sections
Shortcuts