Hall Pass

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: Hall Pass

No, the development (mostly the mental/professionalism) of the playoffs and realizing just showing up skilled was only a few letter better than just showing up has done wonders. He's also stronger and committed. I think for example watching Bergeron get ridden into the net on a shorthanded breakaway when the Bruins were already up in game 7 was key. Watching a guy who's had three concussions in the last four years sacrifice the body... he'd have to be completely clueless to ignore that. 

Nothing more clearly showed the difference between "will" and "skill" in ability to affect results when the latter isn't too far apart between opponents than that series. 

In Response to Re: Hall Pass:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hall Pass : No.  I think he's just that good.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hall Pass : I think he was in pain from the stick he got to the mid section near the end of the game.
    Posted by kelvana33[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that info....I was watching the game on the internet, Comcast...Shark broadcast....and they made mention that it was the knee...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Are we talking about #19 on our programs and #1 in our hearts! The young man who has been touched by the hand of Wheatskins!

Badhab, in bantams Tyler Seguin was tearing up the GTHL with his linemate - Jeff Skinner - you've heard of him.

Mine eyes have seen the glory! Game 2 vs Tampa. It will get better and better.

Yzerman Plus is how I've always rated Tyler.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hall Pass : Yes, it was a bold statement.  I'll stick by it.  Meet me right here 10/23/2031 and you'll see I'm right. I think Spooner will be like Samsonov, big splash right off and then fades out.  Knight more or less the same way.  And I'm not the least bit confident in saying that.  But of course I don't know.  Just making my WAG predictions from my limited exposure to Knight and Spooner. I have never seen anyone with a learning curve like Seguin has had.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

How about we meet in person on this date and have a wheelchair fight if you're wrong ?

And yes he has improved dramatically hasn't he ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

[QUOTE]I'll go even further.  I think this kid is going to the HOF.  AND... AND I think he's going to be one of *the* ones people talk about when they talk about Orr, Wayne, Mario & etc. AND he's going to arrive there by a path that none of the others used. They all were advertised as the real deal and arrived on day 1 and showed it. Tyler's history will read like this.  Yes, he was highly touted, but no one (except me) ever thought he'd end up being one of the great ones.  Especially after his first season which was just kind of ok.  As his career progressed people started to see he was going to be one of the very good ones.  Then he improved even more and people began to recognize that he was driven to succeed and improved over each previous season, and exceeded expectations.  I say he's going to do what no player has done before - he's going to keep improving until he hits 29-31 somewhere there and then level out.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]
    Seguin will accept a RFA contract from the Leafs for $15 million/year.  His time in Boston will only be 3 years I'm afraid.  Make sure CJ beefs him up a bit more before then.

But on the bright side, you get to start a new Toronto Track Record in 2 years with the 3 1st rounders you'll get as compensation.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from huntbri. Show huntbri's posts

I know you are kidding but you never know.  That being said, there is so much pressure on anyone playing in Toronto, but especially home town boys, and I think TS is smart enough to know that.  Boston is a great town, and a good hockey market with fairly high expectations and some pressure, but it is not the fish bowl that Toronto is. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hall Pass : Seguin will accept a RFA contract from the Leafs for $15 million/year.  His time in Boston will only be 3 years I'm afraid.  Make sure CJ beefs him up a bit more before then. But on the bright side, you get to start a new Toronto Track Record in 2 years with the 3 1st rounders you'll get as compensation.
    Posted by LoveRealHockey[/QUOTE]

LRH, I know you and Burkie would love to have this guy. But I can tell you for certain that will only happen under one of two conditions occurring first:

1) I become Prime Minister of Canada
    or
    2) I become President of the USofA
    and I have no interest in either one.

Also, Tyler Seguin will never play one game for any other NHL team before the doors of the Hall swing open for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

So many creeper posters on this board.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

It's real and it's spectacular.  If it were another player you might call it a hot start.  But watching him for a year now you can tell he has the physical and mental skills to do this. It has been predicted he would do this. And yeah, it's awesome that the Bruins don't have the Penguins/Capitals/Blackhawks/Oilers stigma that they only have this star because they stunk so bad.

In Response to Hall Pass:
    [QUOTE]I can't even believe how well Seguin is playing this season.  Well, I can believe it because he's supposed to be this good, but I can't believe it is actually happening.  At the beginning of his second season, he's leading the team in goal and assists but is only fourth in TOI for forwards. We've watched other teams get their stars from the first few selections of the draft.  Crosby, Stamkos, Ovechkin, Tavares, Malkin etc. Now the B's got one, too, and what's even better is that they didn't have to finish at the bottom of the pile to get it. I know you know all of this.  I'm just typing it all out because I'm still not sure if it's real.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

[QUOTE]Anyone know about his knee tweek ?....He sure seemed like he was in pain on the bench....I believe being drafted by an NHL team that was in the top of the league helped Seguin more than if he would have being drafted by the Oilers.
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

It is the knee and it's still sore according to him, as of Sunday. He didn't look too much worse for the wear though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]

It's real and it's spectacular.  

In Response to Hall Pass :
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

Many will miss this one.  It made me laugh.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hall Pass : Many will miss this one.  It made me laugh.

Could always send Elaine in to confirm.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Someone said, he'll (TS) be better than Yzerman. Well that is a bit of a reach, but it is possible. I think he could make a few people HHOF material by being their line-mate. I've said this before, and I'll keep saying it until proven different, but I'm really hoping that TS and Lucic will be an awesome combination for many years. Now the sample size is pretty small, but they just seem to have a sense for each other's position. Is this a North American vs European thing, I don't know but maybe it is. 

It might show that Krejci doesn't have the right wingers for his style. There is no question that DK is a very good Centerman, but again, as I've said a few times, I don't think he's a true #1. Maybe with the proper winger for him, he might really explode. Horton and Lucic are not his kind of wingers IMHO. Seguin fits perfectly. Or at least I hope we really get to find out.

It is a very exciting time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'd say a step has been taken in the direction of super stardom.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ingrizzlebizzles. Show ingrizzlebizzles's posts

[QUOTE]Someone said, he'll (TS) be better than Yzerman. Well that is a bit of a reach, but it is possible. I think he could make a few people HHOF material by being their line-mate. I've said this before, and I'll keep saying it until proven different, but I'm really hoping that TS and Lucic will be an awesome combination for many years. Now the sample size is pretty small, but they just seem to have a sense for each other's position. Is this a North American vs European thing, I don't know but maybe it is.  It might show that Krejci doesn't have the right wingers for his style. There is no question that DK is a very good Centerman, but again, as I've said a few times, I don't think he's a true #1. Maybe with the proper winger for him, he might really explode. Horton and Lucic are not his kind of wingers IMHO. Seguin fits perfectly. Or at least I hope we really get to find out. It is a very exciting time.
    Posted by perrysound[/QUOTE]

I don't disagree, but Seguin's already lit a fire under Lucic. Now he's got to get Marchand going. Otherwise you'll have your top three forwards currently (Looch-PB-Seguin) on that one line and then a whole line of struggling players (March-Krejci-Horton) on the next line. I don't see that combination having promise in the short term but once everyone gets going it would definitely be worth trying.

Sections
Shortcuts