Hamhuis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Hamhuis

All they kept saying on NBC was that he was hurt by Krejci's cross check. No way.
    Looks to me like he hurt his leg throwing that low check. His knee seemed to buckle once his skate hit the boards. Can't find anything on it in the papers.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Re: Hamhuis

In Response to Hamhuis:
    [QUOTE]All they kept saying on NBC was that he was hurt by Krejci's cross check. No way. Looks to me like he hurt his leg throwing that low check. His knee seemed to buckle once his skate hit the boards. Can't find anything on it in the papers.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]

Yeah usually when you get hit in the head its not your knee that gives out and buckles.

But maybe when you try to throw a clip on a 245pd monster your knee gives out. NBC is ugh..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=564528&cmpid=rss-lozo

"Canucks coach Alain Vigneault said Hamhuis is day-to-day. Depending on the severity of the injury, it's possible the two days of rest before Saturday's Game 2 could improve Hamhuis' chances of returning to the lineup."

All I could find so far SE but because the NHL is stretching this series out as far as it can go two days might do the trick for Dan. Probably won't find out till the puck is dropped for game 2 till then twitter time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Seaobrien, they are right.

The shoulder bone is connected to the backbone.
    The back bone is connected to the hip bone.
    The hip bone is connected to the leg bone.
    The leg bone is connected to the knee bone.

Makes perfect sense!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Hamhuis:
    [QUOTE]All they kept saying on NBC was that he was hurt by Krejci's cross check. No way. Looks to me like he hurt his leg throwing that low check. His knee seemed to buckle once his skate hit the boards. Can't find anything on it in the papers.
    Posted by seobrien[/QUOTE]
    I thought it looked like he took Lucic's knee to the ribs.Maybe if he didn't try the low-bridge hit.........I don't feel sorry for him. He clearly saw DK coming in and raised his hand as if to say "leave me alone, I'm already hurt"......there was no real crosscheck on the play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

It just seemed like he was favoring the leg when he went off. Looked kinda like what happened to Sturm's leg, as in, doesn't look too bad to casual observer.
    Quite honestly, I thought it was legal but borderline dirty. he got way low (as in targeting the knee). I hope it's a case of cosmic justice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Kreji laid the stick across Hamhuis, but it  was a love tap. The Ref over reacted in calling it a penalty, and Vancouver will cover it up in any way possible.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrr. Show NeelyOrr's posts

In Response to Re: Hamhuis:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Hamhuis : I thought it looked like he took Lucic's knee to the ribs.Maybe if he didn't try the low-bridge hit.........I don't feel sorry for him. He clearly saw DK coming in and raised his hand as if to say "leave me alone, I'm already hurt"......there was no real crosscheck on the play.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Its his own fault for putting a border line dirty check trying to take Looch legs out from under him. Serves him right!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

Despise those low hits; not a fan when Boychuck & Seidenberg do them either so its not a homer thing at all; guys' careers are ended with those type hits!

Players reactions tell it all in hockey; you get lit up well thats one thing but when everyone reacts the way they did last night you know the 'code' between players was broken.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

got what he deserves.

surprised to see the words "boychuck" and
    "superb" in the same sentence today.

bring on game 2!!!!!!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from olsonstephanie. Show olsonstephanie's posts

If misses any time, this is good news for the Bruins.  Very good news. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from yep123. Show yep123's posts

In Response to Re: Hamhuis:
    [QUOTE]Boychuk goes low?  I don't agree with that at all. Nor do I agree with Seidenberg going down at the knees. A hip check is usually at the thigh/waist area. Boychuck is superb at this.  Do not agree at all.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Understand the difference; however they've both has these instances in the past.....most likely not maliscious intent, but they have hit kids in the knees, not saying it happens consistantly just making a point that no matter what team and/or player these hits have no place in the game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Anybody else think that was blatant interference?? 

I can see not calling a penalty for the low hit because he did use his hip but Lucic chipped the puck past him and took a few strides before Hamhuis impeded his progress. 

Different result but it somewhat reminded me of the play where Chara took out Pacioretty. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Hamhuis was pretty low when he and Lucic hit. My guess would be that Lucic's Knee got Hamhuis in the Kidney/Ribs area. If it's the ribs, that will be a tough injury to play with.....

Sections
Shortcuts