Hamil Boychuk Caron and then Thornton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Hamil Boychuk Caron and then Thornton

Hamil is getting more time on the ice then Caron for the simple reason show casing for a team that can use a young center for good price. I think it would be fair for Hamil to go to team where he can play a regular NHL role.

Boychuk is also a UFA but can be fitted well in a team that can give him a more long term contract.

Right now the team that this is looking to get some youth is Anaheim. Koivu and Selanne are getting older. Every team is always looking for NHL ready d men who is good on the point for shots.

I think PC has a trade up his sleeve to get a consistent d man who i am not sure
    of but possibilities:
    (1) Hamil and Boychuk for Vinovsky
    (2) Hamil Boychuk and prospect for Suter ( a reasonable rental) "most will dis agree with this statement why Suter, a rental because i think Dougie Hamilton along with Kampfer will be suitable for next years number 6 and 7 d men.
    This years play off line up
    Chara Suter
    Sieds Corvo
    Ference McQuaid
    Kampfer

Then there is our Thornton the cpt. without the capital C on his jersey who is by far rising up on my list as one all time fav. Bruins. An UFA who will want to stay in Boston for all right reasons deserves another year with the black and gold. Maybe if the bruins win the cup again he will seek retirement and hopefully work in the bruins organization and hopefully rechhi will be right beside him in the players development and scouting roles.

For Caron he is slowly developing into the ranks and will be ready for back up when need be with other players fighting for a number 13 forward spot.

Overall PC and CJ has done wonders with this teams rebuild.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Re: Hamil Boychuk Caron and then Thornton

There are 29 teams that want to trade for Suter.

Hamill, Boychuk, and a prospect isn't even in the ball park.

Think Krejci.  Or something of that value. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

" Hamill, Boychuk, and a prospect isn't even in the ball park."

Too true. You know the Flyers would put in a massive bid if Suter becomes available which would raise the asking price. Could see Nashville asking for Dougie, Knight or Spooner, plus a pick. Seems steep for a rental, but he is a top pairing D-man...

Don't see the B's making anything other than moves for depth only, barring any major injury (i.e. Chara).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

funny you should mention hamilton in that post because that is the first name that NSH would ask for. Your trade proposal threads need to stop as they are all ridiculous. seriously, stop.

There is 0 reason to think that Hamill is being showcased. he may be traded, but CJ puts the team on the ice he thinks has the best chance to win. no exceptions. 

Love thornton but when he retires, unless there is some role to be filled as a fight instructor (which there is not) keep him away from any front office role. 

This is not Xbox. to get something of significant value you have to trade something of significant value.

Anything to add NAS? or do i have it covered.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The days when a guy like Kris Draper is traded for a loonie are long gone, and your trade proposals make just about as much sense as that.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

In Response to Re: Hamil Boychuk Caron and then Thornton:
    [QUOTE]funny you should mention hamilton in that post because that is the first name that NSH would ask for. Your trade proposal threads need to stop as they are all ridiculous. seriously, stop. There is 0 reason to think that Hamill is being showcased. he may be traded, but CJ puts the team on the ice he thinks has the best chance to win. no exceptions.  Love thornton but when he retires, unless there is some role to be filled as a fight instructor (which there is not) keep him away from any front office role.  This is not Xbox. to get something of significant value you have to trade something of significant value. Anything to add NAS? or do i have it covered.
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]

You are completely wrong in your post.

You couldn't even get these kind of trades accepted on Xbox.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

IMO Chiarelli is trying to line up a more skilled Defenseman. He could move any of the following: Hamill, Boychuck [ reluctantly]; Corvo [ willingly]; Pouliot; even Ference. But it will not be for a blockbuster [Weber] type. Just someone who is smart, tough and steady.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManBearPig99. Show ManBearPig99's posts

any trade will have to be heavy on the bruins end, no team wants to help the defending champs.  Overall I don't think at this point any trades are necessary, the B's are dominating and defensively they are pretty solid.  Of course there are better defenders out there than our top 6 but they would most likely come at a hefty price.  Thornton has to stay captain without the capital c is spot on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE] There is 0 reason to think that Hamill is being showcased. he may be traded, but CJ puts the team on the ice he thinks has the best chance to win. no exceptions. 

CJ puts the team on the ice he thinks has the best chance to win with the players that PC makes available to him.  If Caron had to clear waivers and Hamill could bounce back and forth to Providence, do you think the playing time would be reversed?  Right now Hamill either plays, sits, or is picked up on waivers and the B's pay half his salary and get nothing in return.  To think that guys don't get showcased in these situations is naive.  Do the Bruins have guys that can provide what Hamill can in Providence that still don't have to pass waivers, sure they do.  So why not play a guy that isn't hurting you, is not going to be back with the club next year, and see what you can get for him in a trade or as part of a trade?  This way here, you might not have to give up a prospect that you have future plans for if Hamill shows well enough during his extended stay. 

His game has dropped of a bit lately, would love to see him get his first NHL goal tonight vs. the Habs!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]funny you should mention hamilton in that post because that is the first name that NSH would ask for. Your trade proposal threads need to stop as they are all ridiculous. seriously, stop. There is 0 reason to think that Hamill is being showcased. he may be traded, but CJ puts the team on the ice he thinks has the best chance to win. no exceptions.  Love thornton but when he retires, unless there is some role to be filled as a fight instructor (which there is not) keep him away from any front office role.  This is not Xbox. to get something of significant value you have to trade something of significant value. Anything to add NAS? or do i have it covered.

Nope.  That sums it up.  Stupid theories and stupid trades.  Thanks for saving me the time!

Sections
Shortcuts