Hamill and Waivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

Hamill and Waivers

It appears we have two days to send him down without exposing him to Waivers.  Conroy seems to believe he will spend the rest of the year with the B's.  I think he's right, and I definitely hope he is right.  What a pleasant surprise this kid has turned out to be.

Steve Conroy Boston Herald

"Hamill countdown

Yesterday was Day 28 for Zach Hamill in the NHL this year, which means he’s just a couple of days away from most likely sticking around with the big club for the rest of the season. According to his entry level deal, after Hamill — a healthy scratch last night — plays 10 games on regular recall or spends 30 days in the NHL, he would have to go through waivers to get reassigned to Providence.

Considering the fact that he’s been a much improved player this year on his recalls, and the fact that he’s a former top 10 pick, it would seem likely that he’d get scooped up if exposed to the waiver wire."

http://bostonherald.com/sports/hockey/bruins/view/20220105horton_showing_signs_of_recovery/srvc=sports&position=also

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Re: Hamill and Waivers

I'd suspect they will send him down and call up Caron with Pev healthy again...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I want him to stay. Send Caron back. I have said it before but no offense to Caron, he is much easier to move around. I just like Hamill better for some reason.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Caron is already back in Prov.
    It's either they send him back down now before he reaches his quota (plays 10 games on regular recall or spends 30 days in the NHL)  and called back at one point without passing on waivers keeping him for the remainder of the season OR yes he would remain on the NHL roster on the team for the remainder of the season as of this weekend. 
    He'll be kept as a spare part just like Paille last season.
    Assuming Steve Conroy has the correct info.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mb30. Show mb30's posts

Keep Hamill in the NHL.  There will be injuries, and he will get some more chances to shine.  Plus, it can't hurt for him to be practicing with the big boys every day.  It's only going to help his play and help his work ethic when he can see guys like Bergy, Kelly, and Krejci day in and day out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I agree, mb I definitely want Hamill to stay.  It's not a knock against Caron, I agree that playing time is key for him and I do not want to se him in the press box.  Hamill on the other hand is a prospect we had all given up on, who surprised us with his play in the NHL based on scouting reports from AHL.  It seems playing time in the AHL is the last thing he needs. 

I believe this has worked out perfectly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Yes Dez the words are coming out of my mouth. Hamill has earned it let him stay...This coming from someone who was not a fan...but he deserves it now. There is a flexibility to keeping him over Caron and it may be needed that he slip in for Horton at some point as well. I like the idea of Hamill up in the NHL for the rest of the season. Caron is too inconsistent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

He's earned the right to stay, but I would not be surprised at all if they sent him down to get playing time for a few weeks and then called him back for the rest of the year.  Especially with the All-Star break coming.  Then again, the Bruins have a brutal schedule and if Peverley needs rest, they may keep him around.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill and Waivers:
    [QUOTE]Yes Dez the words are coming out of my mouth. Hamill has earned it let him stay...This coming from someone who was not a fan...but he deserves it now. There is a flexibility to keeping him over Caron and it may be needed that he slip in for Horton at some point as well. I like the idea of Hamill up in the NHL for the rest of the season. Caron is too inconsistent.
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]
    Mac, there weren't very many people who saw Hamil as a player with any true value.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill and Waivers : Mac, there weren't very many people who saw Hamil as a player with any true value.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

There is a reason for this you know. I really don't want to elaborate why but I have a feeling you know where I'm going with this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill and Waivers : There is a reason for this you know. I really don't want to elaborate why but I have a feeling you know where I'm going with this.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

I wish you would elaborate.  I thought it was because of a total lack of production in the AHL.  Maybe that was because there was no other talent in Providence.  Sounds like you are eluding to something more cynical.

Sections
Shortcuts