Hamill - Caron - Colborne - Somebody?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Hamill - Caron - Colborne - Somebody?

IF Savard has to sit for a spell, instead of Pallie playing, is it not possible to bring up someone from Providence who might want a new job ?  I guess another question is are any of them ready to tackle the NHL ? Haven't had a report from Providence for awhile. Is this a good idea ?  See who might stick ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Re: Hamill - Caron - Colborne - Somebody?

Julien likes to play it safe. Look at the flyers series when Krejci got hurt. CJ chose whitfield to fit the roster spot. Expect to see a lot of Paille in the lineup while savard is out

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Id give Hamil the shot. Who knows maybe Hamill-Seguin would have some chemistry. ALthouhg I could imagine CJ needing to up his dose of plavix(is that heart meds? lol) if that line hit the ice.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

trying someone from the minors and putting a full line of rookies out there are two different things.   You don't go into LA icing a line with a total of 21 games experience.... that would be asking for an butt kicking!

I see no problem bringing a guy up here and there when needed (See Toronto for pleanty of need.. LOL.   Can't help but get digs in there!), but don't do it for the sake of doing it.   Paille has done ok with what has been asked of him in his limited role as a 4th line checking / pk forward.   You put a rookie in there instead getting 9 or 10 min and he isn't going to have a lot of time to get going compared to 15 - 20 min a game in the minors.

We are only an injury or two away from needing to go to the farm, and it's a long season.   Those guys will get their chance, no need to rush it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

From mostly written reports Hamill is playing well and demonstrating his on ice smarts. He has Caron on his wing and Caron just keeps getting better. Arniel is probably the most consistent sniper with Colborne and Sauve learning, but not yet ready. Also, as noted, with Paille available, Claude will not look to Providence at this point, particularly with the 28th almost on top of us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

There's also the cap space. And of course the GM decides who gets called up not the coach.

In Response to Re: Hamill - Caron - Colborne - Somebody?:
    From mostly written reports Hamill is playing well and demonstrating his on ice smarts. He has Caron on his wing and Caron just keeps getting better. Arniel is probably the most consistent sniper with Colborne and Sauve learning, but not yet ready. Also, as noted, with Paille available, Claude will not look to Providence at this point, particularly with the 28th almost on top of us.
    Posted by bogie6

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yah I was just going to say bandg that if Savard doesn't go on IR the Bruins can't bring Hamill, Colborne or Caron up because that would put them over the cap.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Id give Hamil the shot. Who knows maybe Hamill-Seguin would have some chemistry. ALthouhg I could imagine CJ needing to up his dose of plavix(is that heart meds? lol) if that line hit the ice.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

Totally agree.  It seems like a good opportunity to give Hamill one last shot before we give up on him.  Marchand seems to be a good example of a guy who's actually played better in the NHl than the AHL.  Maybe Hamill would do the same...long shot I know...

Give him five games to reclaim his career in Boston.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill - Caron - Colborne - Somebody? : Totally agree.  It seems like a good opportunity to give Hamill one last shot before we give up on him.  Marchand seems to be a good example of a guy who's actually played better in the NHl than the AHL.  Maybe Hamill would do the same...long shot I know... Give him five games to reclaim his career in Boston.
    Posted by Fletcher1

5 games sounds about right. Id like to see how he handles a "This is your shot kid 5 games stick it or quit it" opportunity.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill - Caron - Colborne - Somebody? : Totally agree.  It seems like a good opportunity to give Hamill one last shot before we give up on him.  Marchand seems to be a good example of a guy who's actually played better in the NHl than the AHL.  Maybe Hamill would do the same...long shot I know... Give him five games to reclaim his career in Boston.
    Posted by Fletcher1

He got a point in his 1 NHL game.The least the Bruins should do is give him another opportunity.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill - Caron - Colborne - Somebody? : I don't believe this is true.  I'm pretty sure that as of now we can accommodate a $1.1M salary.  Caron was sent down because he would get more playing time in Providence, not because of the cap.
    Posted by mattc355

I agree with why Caron was sent down even though I didn't like it. So they daily cap allowance says both Caron and Paille would fit that is good to know.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

Bring in Hamill.  It is time to decide if after 3+ in the organization this kid will ever make it in the bigs.  Give him a 5-10 game tryout.  Give him ice time, special teams play, etc.  Let's see if this kid has got what it takes.  If not he will be dealt or let go in the offseason.

The B's are in a nice position to experiment.  They are playing well and seem locked for the playoffs.  Who really cares what the seeding is anyway?  To win the cup they need to be able to beat everyone so I'm not too concerned with a gimme 1st round matchup because eventually you got the face the Pens, Flyers, Caps, etc.

In theory Hamill should be ready so let's find out...?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

I am really surprised that Hamil has received so few chances with the big club. He seems to be a playmaker without much of a goal scoring touch. I think Julien goes with Paille instead though ...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Caron. IS there even a question? He is the best player providence has. 

Hamill and Colborne still have a long way to go. Especially strengthening their bodies. 

Never think that just because these guys are drafted high they should get chances in the nhl

Some of the best players in the league right now were drafted past the 1st round

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Yah I was just going to say bandg that if Savard doesn't go on IR the Bruins can't bring Hamill, Colborne or Caron up because that would put them over the cap.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Chiarelli was on the radio last week.  He said they could acquire a mid-level forward with their remaining cap space.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Mid-level ? Don't the Bruins already have enough of them...

Sections
Shortcuts