Hamill done in Vancouver system

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

Hamill done in Vancouver system

Per McKenzie:

VAN puts Zach Hamill on unconditional ($125) waivers, presumably for mutually-agreed termination of contract.

Wonder if he's hanging them up or heading overseas? Thought for sure Vancouver would dangle him as trade bait to get some scoring depth!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Hamill done in Vancouver system

Overseas I am sure.....unless EDM shows some interest that is. They always seem to pick up players they don't need and ignore what they do.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Suprise,suprise, what a waste of a high draft pick.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

PC's first....and worst. Although I am still miffed about his Knight pick with a high second. So many players have passed him. It was a deep draft.....grrrrrr!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Chiarelli has built an awesome team to watch and enjoy.  Before he arrived, we had the Dave Lewis Sleepwalkers.  Now we got a Cup parade.

But yeah, he sucks balls at the draft table.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

In response to 50belowzero's comment:

PC's first....and worst. Although I am still miffed about his Knight pick with a high second. So many players have passed him. It was a deep draft.....grrrrrr!!!!

Yeah, you really have to wonder, seems the B's have had more success with their mid to late second rounders.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Chiarelli has built an awesome team to watch and enjoy.  Before he arrived, we had the Dave Lewis Sleepwalkers.  Now we got a Cup parade.

But yeah, he sucks balls at the draft table.

What did you think of your man Cunnungham's debut last night?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Hamill was bad, kinda like that other 1st round pick we have on the roster named Caron. Maybe PC should just pass until the 2nd round of the draft - haha

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He was ranked 16th, so not much of a reach. Definetly not the biggest bust of the draft. That goes to Hickey or Alzner.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to mxt's comment:

Maybe PC should just pass until the 2nd round of the draft - haha

I think he gives up his 1st rounder this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

He was ranked 16th, so not much of a reach. Definetly not the biggest bust of the draft. That goes to Hickey or Alzner.

At least Alzner is a regular, no?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

Alzner's a bust? I think he's been pretty much a regular for a few seasons and now plays over 20 minutes a game.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Alzner's a bust? I think he's been pretty much a regular for a few seasons and now plays over 20 minutes a game.

5th overall pick I'd want more than 6 goals 44 assists from a guy who has been a healthy scratch in a few playoff games in favor of John Erskine.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

5th overall pick I'd want more than 6 goals 44 assists from a guy who has been a healthy scratch in a few playoff games in favor of John Erskine.

He wasn't drafted as an offensive d-man and he's been a regular for the last 3 plus seasons. Heck, I'd take that over a part time no hit, no score, no fight stiff like Caron.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Hickey got hosed.  LA kept him buried in Manchester.  He's a good player.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He wasn't drafted as an offensive d-man and he's been a regular for the last 3 plus seasons. Heck, I'd take that over a part time no hit, no score, no fight stiff like Caron.

I would too mx. I'm not saying Alzner isnt a bad d-man, I just don't think his play has been worthy of a #5 pick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

You hit & miss in the draft but but here's a few that went after the Hamill pk. Couture, Sutter, Shattenkirk, Pacioretty, Backlund, Eller, Perron all went after Hamill. Cross went in the 2nd rd, another bust.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

He's a 20 min a night d-man, that's hardly a bust and he's never been a healthy scratch in a playoff gm for Erskine. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Seems like Hickey has found a home on Longguyland.  Another reminder that sometimes it takes what seems like a very long time for guys to make their way to the show.  Some of it is being behind other guys (Hickey was trumped by Doughty, Voynov), and some of it that, between 18-22, things can change significantly.

One Vancouver news station says Hamill changed agents and is going to Europe.  He ought to make a few extra bucks over there.  The question is whether that's the motivation or not.  That is, did the agents say Kid, time to wake up from the NHL dream and think about making the most of your remaining hockey career.  Or did they say You're not getting a chance to shine in the A; if you want to get people's attention, go to Europe and make some hay.

He was a talented kid, once.  Eighth overall was clearly a mistake, but he'd have gone to someone in the first round because he had slick hands (not Sweethands...) and really good vision and hockey smarts.  Size, speed, quickness were the big knocks, so when a guy who is all hands and head gets a serious wrist injury, the flaws become that much more apparent.  Samsonov was never the same, either.  Allison.  I've always wondered about Hamill's attitude, too, but hey, the game chews up a lot of kids who think they're on their way to the Hall.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I think the Bruins should take a chance and sign him. Then maybe they could package Marchand, Subban, Caron and Hamill for Crosby. Throw in a first if needed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

And Fraser

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

I think the Bruins should take a chance and sign him. Then maybe they could package Marchand, Subban, Caron and Hamill for Crosby. Throw in a first if needed.

Win.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

Another Chiarelli 1st rd draft bust.  Can't wait to hear Nary A Clue try to spin this one.

Chiarelli has never cost the franchise a first round pick for cheating.

Belichick doesn't have any first round busts?

I guess not if your a Kraft fanboy and BB apologist.

Sections
Shortcuts