Hamill on waivers = no surprise

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SomethingBrewin. Show SomethingBrewin's posts

Hamill on waivers = no surprise

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/extras/bruins_blog/2011/09/zach_hamill_pla.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Re: Hamill on waivers = no surprise

I'm thinking Hammil hopes he gets claimed ... Burkie's big chance here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

cmon Bruins, give this guy a chance on the 3rd line

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill on waivers = no surprise:
    [QUOTE]I'm thinking Hammil hopes he gets claimed ... Burkie's big chance here.
    Posted by Klaas[/QUOTE]                                                                                          Don't get what happened to this kid,i saw him play a few years ago in Kitchener,at the prospect tournament,and he was by far the best player,he looked like a can't miss.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

Should have drafted Logan Couture...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

does that mean we dont mention hamill anymore?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think he'll go back to Providence, wouldnt suprise me if the Blue Jackets took a flyer on him. You can bet PC tried to deal him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

What happened was a wrist injury his first season in Providence.  I remember reading at the time that it was very severe, and I had flashbacks to Allison and Samsonov both struggling to regain anything like their peak form after wrist injuries.  In Allison's case, doubt that he'd ever be the same player (proven wise) had a lot to do with not meeting his salary demands.  Samsonov never regained his scoring form either.

It also seems like the dedication isn't there.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

It is interesting that a high draft pick like Hamill hasn't being picked up by another NHL team. Must be something to what Bookboy is saying. All you hear is how so many NHL teams are weak down the middle and yet here is Hamill for the taking. What would the Bruins expect to get back ? acouple of second round picks ? maybe a 1st ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Book, I recall that article as well. I believe the term they used on some of the bones in his wrist was "crushed",
    Still, it is what it is. Not fast, not strong, not exceptional hockey sense.
    I hope someone claims him for his sake.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]It is interesting that a high draft pick like Hamill hasn't being picked up by another NHL team. Must be something to what Bookboy is saying. All you hear is how so many NHL teams are weak down the middle and yet here is Hamill for the taking. What would the Bruins expect to get back ? acouple of second round picks ? maybe a 1st ?
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

A first round pick? That train is never late.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]It is interesting that a high draft pick like Hamill hasn't being picked up by another NHL team. Must be something to what Bookboy is saying. All you hear is how so many NHL teams are weak down the middle and yet here is Hamill for the taking. What would the Bruins expect to get back ? acouple of second round picks ? maybe a 1st ?
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]

If a player is a complete failure, which Hamill is so far, no team is going to give up a first round pick or two seconds.  In fact, I'd be surprised if anything higher than fourth was even requested.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill on waivers = no surprise : If a player is a complete failure, which Hamill is so far, no team is going to give up a first round pick or two seconds.  In fact, I'd be surprised if anything higher than fourth was even requested.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    There's obviously no requests now. Since he needs to clear waivers to be sent down, anyone can have him for free can't they?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigChara. Show BigChara's posts

Who in their right mind would give up any draft choice for Hamil? The guy su.cks large. Take a pack of smokes for him and count yourself lucky. Time to apply at Jiffy Lube, Zach.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3957105. Show user_3957105's posts

Feel bad for the kid. Seemes like a nice guy. Hope he gets picked up by someone with less depth who will give him a shot, like Columbus or Florida.

Good luck Zach....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No one is going to grab Zach he'll be skating in Providence he makes too much to skate on the Avs, Stars, Preds nor the Stars 4th line LoL!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

dont forget the smokes!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

[QUOTE]No one is going to grab Zach he'll be skating in Providence he makes too much to skate on the Avs, Stars, Preds nor the Stars 4th line LoL!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting for the aarticle that says he was picked up by either the Jets or Leafs - where Bruins washouts go to play on the first line.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

I hope he will remain a Baby B ...I am 100% sure that one day he will be a regular player in the NHL ...every time we lose a player I feel like a dad losing a child ....it makes me sad to see Ryder with the Stars and Recchi retired...

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Hamill is actually missing a bone in his hand that was crushed.  It is his lower hand too, which sucks for a center, and it happened soon after he turned pro.  He doesn't seem to have the ability to make the tranistion to the NHL level of play.  Really, he's barely AHL level.  No team would trade anything for him to the Bruins.  They know they aren't going to keep him in the NHL, they know he has to clear waivers, why would you trade?  The only teams that would want him are weak teams that would be high in the waiver order.  He's not good enough to play on a good NHL team.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Don't think money will prevent a waiver claim. All the bottom-feeders still need to spend to stay a reasonable level above the floor.

Islanders perhaps?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LB34. Show LB34's posts

It would be surprising if Hamill is claimed seeing that he can't consistently perform in the AHL so forget the NHL.  One more year for Zack under a new coaching staff to prove his worth.  Best case scenario is he starts the season off well with the PB's, maybe even leads the team in scoring, and then is dealt midway through the season for picks or pucks.  This kid will never play for the B's as Krej, Berg, and Seguin, will forever be ahead of him on the depth chart.  So trade him and get what you can or let him go at year end as he won't get offered a contract and then can try his luck in another organization.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

It would be surprising if Hamill is claimed seeing that he can't consistently perform in the AHL so forget the NHL.  One more year for Zack under a new coaching staff to prove his worth.  Best case scenario is he starts the season off well with the PB's, maybe even leads the team in scoring, and then is dealt midway through the season for picks or pucks.  This kid will never play for the B's as Krej, Berg, and Seguin, will forever be ahead of him on the depth chart.  So trade him and get what you can or let him go at year end as he won't get offered a contract and then can try his luck in another organization.
    Posted by LB34

FYI, he already cleared waivers and will report to P-Bruins

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Hamill is actually missing a bone in his hand that was crushed.  It is his lower hand too, which sucks for a center, and it happened soon after he turned pro.  He doesn't seem to have the ability to make the tranistion to the NHL level of play.  Really, he's barely AHL level.  No team would trade anything for him to the Bruins.  They know they aren't going to keep him in the NHL, they know he has to clear waivers, why would you trade?  The only teams that would want him are weak teams that would be high in the waiver order.  He's not good enough to play on a good NHL team.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

By the way he has played every time I've seen him live, I'd say he's also missing a muscle in the middle of his chest, right behind his sternum.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

And now they will be trying him out on the wing.

http://bostonherald.com.nyud.net/sports/hockey/bruins/view/2011_0929hamill_may_have_to_wing_it/