Hamill on waivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

Hamill on waivers

@TSNBobMcKenzie: SJS put Andrew Murray on waivers. BOS puts Zach Hamill on waivers. And, as reported earlier, CAR puts Anthony Stewart on waivers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Re: Hamill on waivers

Sening him down, anyone snagging him?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1punchknockout. Show 1punchknockout's posts

No idea, just posted on TSN

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill on waivers:
    Sening him down, anyone snagging him?
    Posted by red75

If someone picks him up going down they will have to completely absorb his salary.
    Many teams wait till re-entry to pickup a playerX on waivers so that the team recalling playerX pays half of his salary.

No suprise here.  If the Bruins do recall Hamill he might be picked up off waivers.
    I don't think anyone wil bite.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Could be a good grab off waivers for teams who need depth on the farm, with a chance to make the lineup, maybe teeams who are fighting for a spot and need a spare part for cheap, but don't have the Bruins depth - Flames, Jets, Avs maybe.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If I was a bad team I would take a chance on him.  This does indicate that the Bruins are not comfortable with him heading into the playoffs, and that they are going to make a trade for a forward.  Otherwise they wouldn't risk losing him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Yeah, teams will be beating the door down to get their hands on Zach and his 0-0-0 line for $1.3M a year. Hey Zach, I saw a Help Wanted sign up at the Burger King. Better get your resume in early, I think Scott Gomez wants the job too, LOL!

Seriously, someone might take a chance on his way back up (650K, what do you have to lose?), but the Zach Hamill experiment in Boston had run its course. Time to cut our losses and move on.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

That's my thoughts Cam - what does a bad team have to lose on giving him a shot?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

If I was a bad team I would take a chance on him.  This does indicate that the Bruins are not comfortable with him heading into the playoffs, and that they are going to make a trade for a forward.  Otherwise they wouldn't risk losing him.
    Posted by OatesCam

OatesCam, you are the unparalleled master of the understatement!

Hell, the Bruins might even be more comfortable with me. I'm 45 and can't skate worth a sh.it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

That's my thoughts Cam - what does a bad team have to lose on giving him a shot ? Posted by red75

If he finds chemistry with other forwards, which could happen, it's a real good observation...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Not that it has any bearings on the outcome of this discussion, but only $787,500* of his salary is garunteed.  The rest are bonuses; I don't think he's earning any of those.  That's a cheap risk.

His lack of contribution is certainly the main reason for this demotion.  It will be interesting to see how things go in Providence.  They've climbed in the standings lately (6-2-2 in past ten).  Him taking a leadership role and helping them make the playoffs may be his last shot at getting a decent paycheck next year, should no team take a flyer on him.

Edit: *this is of course actual salary.  This is probably more important than cap hit for the teams that might be willing to take a shot with him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill on waivers : If he finds chemistry with other forwards, which could happen, it's a real good observation...
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Look at Wheeler as an eample, wasn't working out here, though was playing better than Hamill, goes to the Peg and gets some chemistry with Kane and some tutelage from Noel, and he's their leading scorer. Not saying that would be the  case with Hamill, but what's the risk?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

Let's face it -- some players are like vice grips -- you can use them in multiple situations and are highly adjustable.  Some are like crescent wrenches -- adustable only to a certain degree, and only good in certain applications.  And some are like a 5/8" socket head.  Only good for one thing, and only when paired with other parts which make them usable.  Sounds like Hamill is the latter. 

If he finds his ratchet handle, he may become a very usable piece in a team's toolbox.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Let's face it -- some players are like vice grips -- you can use them in multiple situations and are highly adjustable.  Some are like crescent wrenches -- adustable only to a certain degree, and only good in certain applications.  And some are like a 5/8" socket head.  Only good for one thing, and only when paired with other parts which make them usable.  Sounds like Hamill is the latter.  If he finds his ratchet handle, he may become a very usable piece in a team's toolbox.
    Posted by 49-North

If that team's toolbox is located in Switzerland or Italy, perhaps.
    But not in Russia or North America.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Posted by OatesCam

Like most of us are and commented on the "had enough with 52" thread .
    He hasn't been the answer replacing any of the forwards this past month.
    Now it's Caron's time to show the Bruins he's the answer.

Would like to see the Bruins going for the final stretch and the playoffs with a worthy 13th forward to push the starting 12 .  Need competition was Pialle created last season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Heck, if it's about pushing players, even Anthony Stewart is a better option than Hamill (though I don't like the 1.8 million price tag)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It was about time. He was given an opportunity and the rest of the league had a good look at his pros and cons. Isn't the first low draft pick to fail at the NHL level. With the latest news on Horton's recovery, and the solid play, on the 3rd line, by Caron, it does appear that the only objective is an experienced upgrade over Corvo. Adding in the recent improvement in Providence, all against teams ahead of them in the standings,[ since they were last, not hard to do] perhaps the emphasis on developing is starting to show some results. What do you Guys that watched [ asmaha and NAS] think ?

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaymiller. Show jaymiller's posts

I'll keep it short and sweet ~ ADIOS !!!!

Watching him in the slot as Pittsburgh scores was enough for me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill on waivers : Not saying that would be the  case with Hamill, but what's the risk?
    Posted by red75

No risk then the team that claimed him just doesn't elect to re-sign him they don't want too.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Maybe a change of scenery is what Hamill might need. It's done well for Pouliot. This is his third NHL club and he seems to have settled in better here than in the Wild or Habs.  PS : I noticed Byron Bitz is playing for the first time for the Canuckleheads. All ready a few fights for him. I won't be surprised to see him on their roster come playoff time.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

That's my thoughts Cam - what does a bad team have to lose on giving him a shot?
    Posted by red75

A lot of money!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Maybe a change of scenery is what Hamill might need. It's done well for Pouliot. This is his third NHL club and he seems to have settled in better here than in the Wild or Habs.  PS : I noticed Byron Bitz is playing for the first time for the Canuckleheads. All ready a few fights for him. I won't be surprised to see him on their roster come playoff time.
    Posted by Stuke50

No comparison to Benoit.  Benoit could score some goals in the NHL, he showed he could play.

Zach hasn't shown anything.  At all.  Nothing.  Except for a couple of good passes.

Benoit has some beef on him, Zach doesn't seem like he works out in the offseason.

Zach has been called out before.  Nothing.  A change of scenery to Berne or Bolzano might do it for him, but that's about it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I hope Hamill finds his game just to make BadHab look bad.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

A lot of money, but some teams need to spend money as they are good at taking from the NHL (revenue sharing) without putting fans in the seat or generating revenue.  Not that Hamill will put anyone in the seats.  

I was always perplexed when he was drafted, highly skilled small guy who was slow.  What?  Dorothy Hamil was going to tutor him to be fast?  Yikes!  I sincerely think it was the bad beer (one of many) in PC the night before the draft.    

Sections
Shortcuts