Hamill on waivers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

Re: Hamill on waivers

Zach Hamil avg. gm day payment is $16,500.00 if another team picks him that will be still aprox. $500,000.00 for the Bruins mngt. to payout. For mngt. sake it will be better for him to stay in Providence and add more cap space for future. At the beginning I thought he was going show progress but now he looks like a AHLer lifer.

After this season is finish he is an RFA and can still be in the Bruins control for minor league trades and deals. The providence still has other issues to deal with for future NHLers. Spooner Knight Kovaclchev Caron Hamilton Sauve Arneil are the Providence prospects hopefully a future FT Bruin.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill on waivers:
    [QUOTE]Zach Hamil avg. gm day payment is $16,500.00 if another team picks him that will be still aprox. $500,000.00 for the Bruins mngt. to payout.For mngt. sake it will be better for him to stay in Providence and add more cap space for future. At the beginning I thought he was going show progress but now he looks like a AHLer lifer. After this season is finish he is an RFA and can still be in the Bruins control for minor league trades and deals. The providence still has other issues to deal with for future NHLers. Spooner Knight Kovaclchev Caron Hamilton Sauve Arneil are the Providence prospects hopefully a future FT Bruin.
    Posted by orr4neely8[/QUOTE]

Coreect me if I'm wrong (BookBoy, DrCC our capoligists) ; If he gets picked up today , before noon, the Bruins don't have to pay any of his remaining salary but if he's picked up in the event of a recall while going through waivers then the Bruins have to fork out half his salary.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill on waivers : No comparison to Benoit.  Benoit could score some goals in the NHL, he showed he could play. Zach hasn't shown anything.  At all.  Nothing.  Except for a couple of good passes. Benoit has some beef on him, Zach doesn't seem like he works out in the offseason. Zach has been called out before.  Nothing.  A change of scenery to Berne or Bolzano might do it for him, but that's about it.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Zach holds his stick better.  Benoit's is all over place and every game he has 2-3 borderline high sticking calls on him.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Hamill needs to put on some muscle and be more physical.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]BsLegion, The Bruins will assign Hamill to Providence and pay half of his $65,000 AHL contract for the remainder of the season.
    Posted by CraftyandSly1[/QUOTE]

thanks, I was referring if another team were to pick him up on current waiver being sent down and/or re-entry waivers.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

No surprise Hamill cleared waivers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

If another team picks him up, the Bruins pay nothing going forward for Hamill and receive a small check from the team that took him.  If he is claimed on re-entry waivers the Bruins pay half his salary (and cap hit) for the duration of his contract.  Zach didn't meet the criteria for re-entry waivers the first time, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]If another team picks him up, the Bruins pay nothing going forward for Hamill and receive a small check from the team that took him.  If he is claimed on re-entry waivers the Bruins pay half his salary (and cap hit) for the duration of his contract.  Zach didn't meet the criteria for re-entry waivers the first time, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't now.
    Posted by OatesCam[/QUOTE]

that's exactly what I thought.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Is there a way to get rid of a rfa?

Can you do something like send yourself an offer sheet for him to work at the local convenience store for minimum wage?

Zach is becoming like the bad dream that keeps coming back like Fernandez and Soderberg were.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

NHL contracts are guaranteed.  It's something that might be an issue in the next CBA talks. But if you have signed a player, you have him till his contract is up. They could let him go at the end of the year.  Nothing wrong with him in Providence though, he doesn't make much, was playing well down there, and doesn't take up NHL cap space.  He's not awful.  A few weeks ago people were singing his praises.  Now he's a bum.  He's somewhere in the middle.

[QUOTE]Is there a way to get rid of a rfa? Can you do something like send yourself an offer sheet for him to work at the local convenience store for minimum wage? Zach is becoming like the bad dream that keeps coming back like Fernandez and Soderberg were.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

At this point I'd rather have Dorothy Hamel instead of Zack. She can skate far faster, and hit harder, than her namesake.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I seriously have to question the Bruin's scouting staff on this one. 8th overall & he looks like nothing but a 408th. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

You guys are being awful hard on the guy. I don't think its warranted. He hasn't made an glaring errors. He doesn't look out of place. He blends in. He's clearly not a top-six play making center but that doesn't mean that he's not a decent fill-in. I was really hoping he'd get his first goal. His effort level was constantly there and he did make some good plays.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I posted this on another thread, but check out his pre-draft stats and compare them to Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. They are almost identical, and they are similar players who are small but think the game well.  Hamill was also considered way above his peers in terms of defensive preparedness having been coached by defense-first Kevin Constintine in Everett.  It wasn't just the Bruins scouting that had him in the top-10.  Hi career went downhill from there, but it's not like Boston went off the board to take him.

esponse to Re: Hamill on waivers:
    [QUOTE]I seriously have to question the Bruin's scouting staff on this one. 8th overall & he looks like nothing but a 408th. 
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are being awful hard on the guy. I don't think its warranted. He hasn't made an glaring errors. He doesn't look out of place. He blends in. He's clearly not a top-six play making center but that doesn't mean that he's not a decent fill-in. I was really hoping he'd get his first goal. His effort level was constantly there and he did make some good plays.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]

I think the harsh posts are called for.  True he had a couple of games where he 'blended in', but then became invisible.

I don't think the effort was there.  I don't recall any kind of significant hustle out of him at all.  I don't recall him making something out of a play that looked dead.  I don't recall any of his assists and certainly not one that looked sweet - for a playmaker kind of a guy he should have had ONE of those by now.  I haven't heard anything about him working hard in the off season.

There is nothing I like about watching him.

There's nothing about his play that makes me want to root for him.

There is nothing I've heard that makes me want to root for him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

[QUOTE]You guys are being awful hard on the guy. I don't think its warranted. He hasn't made an glaring errors. He doesn't look out of place. He blends in. He's clearly not a top-six play making center but that doesn't mean that he's not a decent fill-in. I was really hoping he'd get his first goal. His effort level was constantly there and he did make some good plays.
    Posted by lambda13[/QUOTE]
    the thing is, his play fit right in with the bruins recent slump. he had an opportunity to stand out among a bunch of teammates that were not playing that great. he looked no better than a slumping bunch of teammates. my feelings are that if you're a smaller guy, some other part of your game should be extra-effective, to make up fot your smaller stature(speed, puck handling,hustle,grit,passing). no part of his game stood out, his weakness on the puck stood out. not calling him a bust yet, he's still young at 23. all it would have taken was one huge shift where he dominated the ice, one highlight reel goal, one monster penalty kill, anything to show a glimpse of what could be.... but he showed nothing really. the fact that nobody picked him up off waivers is quite telling.    

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrEspoCash. Show OrrEspoCash's posts

You cannot, as the saying goes, make chicken salad out of chicken bleep.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill on waivers : the thing is, his play fit right in with the bruins recent slump. he had an opportunity to stand out among a bunch of teammates that were not playing that great. he looked no better than a slumping bunch of teammates. my feelings are that if you're a smaller guy, some other part of your game should be extra-effective, to make up fot your smaller stature(speed, puck handling,hustle,grit,passing). no part of his game stood out, his weakness on the puck stood out. not calling him a bust yet, he's still young at 23. all it would have taken was one huge shift where he dominated the ice, one highlight reel goal, one monster penalty kill, anything to show a glimpse of what could be.... but he showed nothing really. the fact that nobody picked him up off waivers is quite telling.    
    Posted by adkbeesfan[/QUOTE]

I suppose thats fair. I still hope he does well just for the sake of seeing someone beat the odds and make everyone seem foolish for labeling him a bust.