Hamill Watch

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Re: Hamill Watch

Hamill looked great, especially with that no-look pass to Ryder.

Here's the question, though: Keep him OR if he continues to impress, use him as trade bait to bring in a more enticing player? Imagine if he continues to shine and all of a sudden a package of Wheeler/Hammil/Tor. #1 picks is up for offer.

Hammill's value may be better now to strength PC's trade possibilities.

Or do we take the long view and hope he's Krejci redux. (#46 was simply awesome last night, btw....forget the low goal total--that's not what he's about...his passing ability is simply SUBLIME.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Don't worry about Seguin, isla.  He has the look of a kid who is thinking way too much and just getting in his own way.  He needs a hard re-boot to his brain so that the updates the coaches have installed can take effect - gotta shut it down before restarting.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Hamill has the potential to come into camp next year and be a 4th line center.

I don't see this as a problem with progression. He's only 23 years old.  So, it's not like he is out of time.  He appears to be progressing in the minors.

Have him win the job, have him play a full season at the NHL level and then see if he can win a job as the #3 or #2 in 2012/2013.

He's a passer as we know, but he looks  pretty good winning draws, too. Solid checker.  He likely only pans out to a #2 Centerman, but that's good.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Wheeler/Hammil/Tor. #1"

Funny TTBI that trade offer a week ago would be laughed off the board now it has a bit of value for a trading team a great asset of youth (not for Chris Phillips) and looking to rebuild somewhat see Minnesota.

I'm not happy about Seguin not only not being on the PP but not in the lineup however Tyler better take notice of how Hamill adjusted during the game then played better as the game wore on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill Watch:
    [QUOTE]                          "Wheeler/Hammil/Tor. #1" Funny TTBI that trade offer a week ago would be laughed off the board now it has a bit of value for a trading team a great asset of youth (not for Chris Phillips) and looking to rebuild somewhat see Minnesota. I'm not happy about Seguin not only not being on the PP but not in the lineup however Tyler better take notice of how Hamill adjusted during the game then played better as the game wore on.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I gotta tell ya--I am NOT a fan of this "sit Tyler" approach. He's only got 8 goals but they;'re in VERY limited ice time and almost every one has been of the jaw-dropping "what a shot!" variety. The kid CAN do it--and yeah, he'll make some mistakes...a few night  recently he's been stripped of the puck way too easily....but you're not going to fix THAT by sitting him in the press box. Let him play, let him play, let him play--ESPECIALLY on the PP and in 4 on 4 situations. I GUARANTEE you the Bruins would not be the only team in the league w./out a 4on4 goal this year had CJ put Tyler's speed and open ice skill into those situations. It's a waste of his talent.

On the Zack front, I really believe these next 6-7 games should be a showcase--if he plays well---for Zack to be used as a trade asset. It's time to roll the dice and if you can get a package of--perhaps--Kaberle AND Versteeg from Burke for Wheeler/Hammill/And giving them back their first round pick, I say do it (unlikely scenario--I doubt Burke wants anymore dealing w./Boston after Kessel...

But what about pestering Lou for Parise? Or the Blackhawks for Seabrook? What about Yandle?

The Bruins have more than Hammill in the pipeline for young talent so I think rather than wait (again) for next year and these guys to develop....put Hammill out there now while his trade value is at its highest...PC has to do something to upgrade this team, especially with Savard lost for the year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill Watch : Yeah, I gotta tell ya--I am NOT a fan of this "sit Tyler" approach. He's only got 8 goals but they;'re in VERY limited ice time and almost every one has been of the jaw-dropping "what a shot!" variety. The kid CAN do it--and yeah, he'll make some mistakes...a few night  recently he's been stripped of the puck way too easily....but you're not going to fix THAT by sitting him in the press box. Let him play, let him play, let him play--ESPECIALLY on the PP and in 4 on 4 situations. I GUARANTEE you the Bruins would not be the only team in the league w./out a 4on4 goal this year had CJ put Tyler's speed and open ice skill into those situations. It's a waste of his talent. On the Zack front, I really believe these next 6-7 games should be a showcase--if he plays well---for Zack to be used as a trade asset. It's time to roll the dice and if you can get a package of--perhaps--Kaberle AND Versteeg from Burke for Wheeler/Hammill/And giving them back their first round pick, I say do it (unlikely scenario--I doubt Burke wants anymore dealing w./Boston after Kessel... But what about pestering Lou for Parise? Or the Blackhawks for Seabrook? What about Yandle? The Bruins have more than Hammill in the pipeline for young talent so I think rather than wait (again) for next year and these guys to develop....put Hammill out there now while his trade value is at its highest...PC has to do something to upgrade this team, especially with Savard lost for the year.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    There is no one in Toronto worth giving back their 1st pick for.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill Watch : Yeah, I gotta tell ya--I am NOT a fan of this "sit Tyler" approach. He's only got 8 goals but they;'re in VERY limited ice time and almost every one has been of the jaw-dropping "what a shot!" variety. The kid CAN do it--and yeah, he'll make some mistakes...a few night  recently he's been stripped of the puck way too easily....but you're not going to fix THAT by sitting him in the press box. Let him play, let him play, let him play--ESPECIALLY on the PP and in 4 on 4 situations. I GUARANTEE you the Bruins would not be the only team in the league w./out a 4on4 goal this year had CJ put Tyler's speed and open ice skill into those situations. It's a waste of his talent. On the Zack front, I really believe these next 6-7 games should be a showcase--if he plays well---for Zack to be used as a trade asset. It's time to roll the dice and if you can get a package of--perhaps--Kaberle AND Versteeg from Burke for Wheeler/Hammill/And giving them back their first round pick, I say do it (unlikely scenario--I doubt Burke wants anymore dealing w./Boston after Kessel... But what about pestering Lou for Parise? Or the Blackhawks for Seabrook? What about Yandle? The Bruins have more than Hammill in the pipeline for young talent so I think rather than wait (again) for next year and these guys to develop....put Hammill out there now while his trade value is at its highest...PC has to do something to upgrade this team, especially with Savard lost for the year.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]
    I've got to say,you seem alot happier today than after the last game against Montreal..........I am too though!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

How can you put Seguin on the PP when you have RECCHI playing the point.lol

Did ye all see the speed he chased back after the puck when it skipped by him, only Gill on the ice was slower and not by a lot.

Nice pass to Ryder, but also very lucky not intercepted, kinda play that has killed us all year.

Ryder 3 goals, why he used the deke, and his skating, totally throwing off Price as he waited for the patented wrist shot up high and then got burnt. He had Price then not able to totally expect shot so his wrister scored the 3rd goal.  If he can mix this up, shooting and taking the puck to the net his shooting might score more, this could be the piece that has been missing in his game, Seg should note this as well, instead of always shooting.

Hamill will get some more time, just hope not at Seg's loss.  Seg needs the playing time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill Watch : I've got to say,you seem alot happier today than after the last game against Montreal..........I am too though!
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

Ha! Yes, much happier, but if you'd been watching the game w/me you'd probably have wanted to kill b/c every time the B's would go up by 2 and then promptly give one back I cursed a blue streak and was convinced they'd blow it.

What's not to like, though? Beat AND Beat UP on the Habs? Thing of beauty, even if the defense (on both sides) was terrible.

On the other issue--Would you really not take Versteeg and Kaberle for the Tor. #1 pick? Seems like both players could really help the B's w/what they need--more goal scoring (not counting last night, of course) and a PMD (if a bit overrated.) I'm not saying it will happen--it's pretty unlikely....but what about Seabrook or Yandle?

I just don't like the idea of holding onto that pick and hoping you get a stud when you could get a legit player to really help the team NOW. (You know me--sick of always waiting, waiting, waiting....)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]How can you put Seguin on the PP when you have RECCHI playing the point.lol Did ye all see the speed he chased back after the puck when it skipped by him, only Gill on the ice was slower and not by a lot. Nice pass to Ryder, but also very lucky not intercepted, kinda play that has killed us all year. Ryder 3 goals, why he used the deke, and his skating, totally throwing off Price as he waited for the patented wrist shot up high and then got burnt. He had Price then not able to totally expect shot so his wrister scored the 3rd goal.  If he can mix this up, shooting and taking the puck to the net his shooting might score more, this could be the piece that has been missing in his game, Seg should note this as well, instead of always shooting. Hamill will get some more time, just hope not at Seg's loss.  Seg needs the playing time.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

All true but why can't Ryder do this consistently? I don't mean he should be expected to be as dominant night in and night out as he was last night....but don't you expect him to do his usual complete disappearing act soon? Seems like he always teases us w/games like this and then decides to take on extended on-ice vacation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Hamill imo is a better passer than Seguin. Its like comparing Krejci to Bergeron. While Bergeron is an above avg passer , Krejci is an exceptional passing centre in the league. 

Guys who look to pass first usually are the best passers in the league

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I do not understand why people are saying Hamill should not be playing ahead of Seguin at this point.  Seguin is more talented by far but has been playing with no confidence and very little effort.  Sitting for a few games has never ruined any hockey player but has helped quite a few.  Be thankful we have a deep enough organization to be able to give Seguin some nights off when it appears he needs them.