Hamill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Hamill

2 quality shifts to start the game for Hamill. I haven't seen him in Prov but I know he hasn't looked out of place in the NHL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Hamill

He's playing great!  If he could/would bring this in the AHL, he'd be at the top of the list.

Good for him.  I can't imagine there aren't guys who he's better than on a few NHL squads.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dalexander2424. Show dalexander2424's posts

If I would've been told at the beginning of the game that Hamill was going to make a beautiful play for a goal, and Lucic was goign to make a mistake that leads to an Edmonton goal I would've thought for sure the names got messed up. Lucic did have a great screen on the first goal though. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill:
    He's playing great!  If he could/would bring this in the AHL, he'd be at the top of the list. Good for him.  I can't imagine there aren't guys who he's better than on a few NHL squads.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Nas, I agreed with you the other day when you said Hamill might be a guy who plays better when the competition is better. If nothing else, he's upping his trade value with every shift.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill : Nas, I agreed with you the other day when you said Hamill might be a guy who plays better when the competition is better. If nothing else, he's upping his trade value with every shift.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I say if he can clone himself into Marc Savard don't trade him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I agree. He looks good tonight... if he can finish the third strong, he earns another look on Saturday.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Less than 10 minutes on the ice, +2 and an assist. 

"Benoit?  Mr. Chiarelli would like to speak with you...."

(ten minutes from now, the gun I just jumped will go off....)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Certainly, certainly he has earned himself one more game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

yup made a nice pass on the goal although he still looks soft on the puck. Noticed him less as the game went on . Probably due to all the penalties both ways.
    Was it Hamill or Pouliot on Marchand's last goal with the leaping screen ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Was it Hamill or Pouliot on Marchand's last goal with the leaping screen ? Posted by BsLegion

Yep that was Zach kids got some ups. When they showed the goal from behind the net there was no way the Oilers goalie could see the puck, Zack should have gotten another assist on that goal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonicator. Show Olsonicator's posts

good for him, great pass through traffic to Caron.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Decent game for him. Thought he looked good in the neutral and attacking zones. As stated, did not look overmatched. Good vision, seemed to click with Kelly and Caron just fine.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

although he still looks soft on the puck.
    Posted by BsLegion

What does that even mean?  Can you give examples from tonight's game?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill : What does that even mean?  Can you give examples from tonight's game?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I thought he looked actually strong on the puck when he drew 2 penalties.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I thought he looked pretty strong when he was driving to the net and leaping across the goalie's field of vision.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoyalBlackNGold. Show LoyalBlackNGold's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill : I thought he looked actually strong on the puck when he drew 2 penalties.
    Posted by dezaruchi

17 shifts 9:27 toi 1 assist +2. sounds good dez. i didnt get to see much of the game because of work. i poked my head out to ice for a couple of times to try to catch 1 or more of his shifts but never saw him out there. 

was he as good as he stats say dez or anybody else. im watching replay now at home and just saw great pass to caron. how about the rest? was he strong? did he play in the middle or did he play the wing? responsible in his own end?

im very interested cause im tired of this kid getting beat on and believe me ive done it myself too. i guess id like to see him play himself into some trade bait or even better he plays well enough to make someone else expendable in trade u know.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Clearly he should be kept in the lineup ahead of those who have not been making the most of their opportunities. Perhaps, since his game is mental, he needs to play in the league witch requires the most mental skill to show what he can do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill : 17 shifts 9:27 toi 1 assist +2. sounds good dez. i didnt get to see much of the game because of work. i poked my head out to ice for a couple of times to try to catch 1 or more of his shifts but never saw him out there.  was he as good as he stats say dez or anybody else. im watching replay now at home and just saw great pass to caron. how about the rest? was he strong? did he play in the middle or did he play the wing? responsible in his own end?   im very interested cause im tired of this kid getting beat on and believe me ive done it myself too. i guess id like to see him play himself into some trade bait or even better he plays well enough to make someone else expendable in trade u know.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold

I thought he showed some jump for the whole game Loyal. As I said, he was at least upping his trade value every time he stepped on the ice. He clearly outplayed Pouliot tonight. He and Caron seem to have some chemistry out there.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Why would they trade him if he played well? Did not see the game...so sad.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

He didn't take over the game, which is pretty difficult to do in nine and a half minutes, but he did look good during his shifts. Him, Caron and Kelly looked like they'd played 10 games together not one.

Smart puck handling, and went to and was effective around the crease. I kinda wonder if he'd have been on the team when camp broke if they'd decided to move him to right wing towards the end of last years Providence season.

Drew two penalties and set up Caron, effective game.

In Response to Re: Hamill : 17 shifts 9:27 toi 1 assist +2. sounds good dez. i didnt get to see much of the game because of work. i poked my head out to ice for a couple of times to try to catch 1 or more of his shifts but never saw him out there.  was he as good as he stats say dez or anybody else. im watching replay now at home and just saw great pass to caron. how about the rest? was he strong? did he play in the middle or did he play the wing? responsible in his own end?   im very interested cause im tired of this kid getting beat on and believe me ive done it myself too. i guess id like to see him play himself into some trade bait or even better he plays well enough to make someone else expendable in trade u know.
    Posted by LoyalBlackNGold

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

As so many have noted, Hamill played better than Pouliot and MUCH better than Thornton, who's ice time was limited all night. If the Bruins want their strongest team,. Changes should be made. Thinking of Hamill replacing Thornton, makes the 4th line a little light in size, but his smarts could help that line perform much better than they have shown this year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Why would they trade him if he played well? Did not see the game...so sad.
    Posted by Macfact

It'd be better to trade Hamill for something than to keep him buried in the minors.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill : It'd be better to trade Hamill for something than to keep him buried in the minors.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Plenty of room for him, these injuries are inevitable and they could sit Pouliot, and if he catches on somehow they could sit Thornton and make NAS and myself happy. 

Thornton is looking more out of place than usual and last night's hooking call was just plain stupid.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

It looks like the conversion from center to wing is good for Hammie. He looked comfortable out there and clearly made great use of his limited time on ice. There is no room on this team for him as a center but as a wing.....I hope he gets a few more games, looks good and then maybe they can end the Pouliot experiment.

Sections
Shortcuts