Hamill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Hamill

In Response to Re: Hamill:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : I've been hearing this too much.  Yes he made a nice pass to Caron on the goal but it could have been Lucic or Horton there and they would have scored. I didn't see anything to make me think there was chemistry between the 3 but I did see willingness to work hard from all 3.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]
    Legion, it was more than just 1 pass. That line looked good cycling the puck in the offensive zone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : I think that's why PC called him up on Emergency Basis.  Waivers play into the equation as Caron does not have to clear and everyone else does.  IMHO, if Hamill can play the way he did last night on a consistent basis, he should play in front of Caron, who still hasn't shown me enough.  I am on record as saying that Hamill is a bust, considering where he was picked, but the other options thus far on the 3rd line wing have not impressed me enough to not give the kid at least a 20 game shot and see what happens.  Caron can go back to Providence and get lots of minutes and work on fine tuning his game. 
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

I agree. He should get one legitimate chance to prove he can play. Either he sticks or we can move him. Given his contract status and the end of this year, now is the time to make a decision.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

I liked his play last night. I want to see him get a chance with us.

I am on record saying Pouliot would surprise us. I'm thinking I'm wrong on that one. I'd take Hamill (I would like to see a few more games before I make that a definitive choice) over Pouliot at this point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Caron has been playing well and steadily improving so I don't know if it's time to send him down.  If anything, end the Pouliot experiment and let him walk.  He has shown zero chemistry, skill, potential etc.  He works hard and is big and fast, but other than that he doesn't seem to be able to use his skill set to get things done.  He's a bigger, less effective Paille.  I would guess that he's the guy who has the athleticism to play in the NHL but lacks the head game -- pretty much the opposite of Hamil who has the skill and the head, but lacks the pure athleticism.

Leave Caron alone...he's ten times the player that Poiliot is (exaggerating a little), and I think he's earned his spot on the 3rd line.  His goals thus far have been grinder goals, but I think he also has a good shot once he hits his groove and starts to let it rip.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Please tell me you don't mean the one where Peckham got the roughing call? Either way, that's just silly. Going by their offical weights Peckham has 55 (and I'd bet it's actually closer to 70) pounds on Hamill, and was moving towards him. I was impressed he managed to keep his skates under him.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : Happened mostly in the 1st period.  Get's pushed off the puck easily. Don't ask for me to go find a clip on YouTube but there was a play with Peckham along the boards , he tried squeezing by him and it was too easy to knock him off the puck.  Another example of not being strong (soft on) a puck is the shooting on goal.  With no one in front of the net I find it useless to throw a weak shot on net. Weak shot on net to me is interpreted not strong (or soft) with the puck. Don't go freaking out guys, in general he played well ,  he's just small and needs to adjust to style of game.  p.s. did I mention how good he looked on the leaping screen ? I guess only a light weight can do that ; )

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Hamill's play makes me wonder about Providence. Colborne looks better elsewhere also.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

DK hasn't gotten a lot of PK time in the last year or so, certainly not since CK and RP were picked up.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : It's those little things that add up to win hockey games. I like the way Caron works too. Hard in pursuit of the puck, finishes checks, and very good on the PK. BTW, did you think DK was struggling a bit on the PK last night or was it just me? I thought he had a few moments where he was too concerned with trying to create offense from the PK instead just making sure the puck cleared the zone. Zee was also uncharacteristically weak on a few clearing attempts.
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Part of that is not knowing what a pass will look like when it arrives or where for that matter. It could be flat or bouncing, ankle high or skittering over the ice, it could go into his skates, onto his stick or be an indirect pass off the wall. Until you play with someone a few times it's hard to know their tendencies.

Bottom line: At no point did he look out of place, at no point did he look like he was out classed, and he was a positive contributor.

[QUOTE]Hamill did a creditable job of filling in yesterday. I'll give him that. However, what I found yesterday is that if he has time he can do something. But when the game speeds up he gets lost: rushes his passes, and gets into traffic areas where he can't do anything. If you recall the quick pass to spring him in the second period, it happened so fast that he lost an edge, almost fell, recovered but the opportunity disappeared because of it.
    Posted by Wheatskins[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from riptide757. Show riptide757's posts

Hamill look relaxed for the first time and played really well. he earned his bones in the hard nose AHL same way Marchand did and seems to know the system well. now he looks like he can be regular contributer at the NHL level. it just takes some guys longer. and credit the Bruins for sticking it out with Zach.

Did somebody say Chia wants to speak with Benoit? they might be right.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]Caron has been playing well and steadily improving so I don't know if it's time to send him down.  If anything, end the Pouliot experiment and let him walk.  He has shown zero chemistry, skill, potential etc.  He works hard and is big and fast, but other than that he doesn't seem to be able to use his skill set to get things done.  He's a bigger, less effective Paille.  I would guess that he's the guy who has the athleticism to play in the NHL but lacks the head game -- pretty much the opposite of Hamil who has the skill and the head, but lacks the pure athleticism. Leave Caron alone...he's ten times the player that Poiliot is (exaggerating a little), and I think he's earned his spot on the 3rd line.  His goals thus far have been grinder goals, but I think he also has a good shot once he hits his groove and starts to let it rip.
    Posted by Chappy28[/QUOTE]

I see Pouliot & Caron as the same player.  In 32 games for Caron 9 pts. +3, in 37 games in 08-09 after a couple cups of coffee Pouliot had 11 pts. and was +1.  They are both listed as 6'3" and within 5 lbs. of each other.  Both were first round draft picks, although Pouliot being much higher.  Their numbers this year are also very similar. Yet the majority of fans love Jordan Caron and despise Pouliot.  Jordan has been in the system for over a year.  Benoit has been in the system for a couple of months.  I continually ask myself the question, what am I not seeing what everyone else is regarding this kid.  I know that not everything shows up on the score sheet, but I don't see it right now from either guy.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Some of the recent observations ( bust ) coming out of Providence were obviously exaggerated. This kid played like a decent 3rd line NHLer last night . He will most likely get a playing opportunity with someone else if he doesn't get one from the Bruins down the road.  Sometimes it's better to wait to watch a player for yourself then rely on someone elses bird's eye view opinion. For me, he was impressive last night !
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]

You never can stop, can you?  So sad.

Let me know when you get to a Providence Bruins game and we'll each talk about how they played.

Maybe you can post a link about it?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I have no idea how you come to the conclusion they are the same player if you watch them play.

Caron anticipates what his linemates and what his opponents will do and is an active player
    Pouliot goes to where ever he believes the system says to go and is a reactive player.

This is why Caron was trusted on the PK right from his first call up, and why he'll probably pass Pouliot's career points total in a lot less years.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : I see Pouliot & Caron as the same player.  In 32 games for Caron 9 pts. +3, in 37 games in 08-09 after a couple cups of coffee Pouliot had 11 pts. and was +1.  They are both listed as 6'3" and within 5 lbs. of each other.  Both were first round draft picks, although Pouliot being much higher.  Their numbers this year are also very similar. Yet the majority of fans love Jordan Caron and despise Pouliot.  Jordan has been in the system for over a year.  Benoit has been in the system for a couple of months.  I continually ask myself the question, what am I not seeing what everyone else is regarding this kid.  I know that not everything shows up on the score sheet, but I don't see it right now from either guy.  
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

[QUOTE]I have no idea how you come to the conclusion they are the same player if you watch them play. Caron anticipates what his linemates and what his opponents will do and is an active player . Pouliot goes to where ever he believes the system says to go and is a reactive player. This is why Caron was trusted on the PK right from his first call up, and why he'll probably pass Pouliot's career points total in a lot less years. In Response to Re: Hamill :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

Wow, Jordan is "active", yet only has 9 hits while Benoit has 16.  Makes sense that Benoit is not yet comfortable with his positioning in a system he is still learning.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : Wow, Jordan is "active", yet only has 9 hits while Benoit has 16.  Makes sense that Benoit is not yet comfortable with his positioning in a system he is still learning.  
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]
    I tend to side with CJ on this one. Caron does all of the little things well. Pouliot having more hits is practically meaningless. Thornton has more hits than either of them. That doesn't mean he's as effective on the four check as Caron. There are reasons Caron is given more responsibility(time on the PK) than either Thornton or Pouliot. His positioning and decision-making are both solid.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]Please tell me you don't mean the one where Peckham got the roughing call? Either way, that's just silly. Going by their offical weights Peckham has 55 (and I'd bet it's actually closer to 70) pounds on Hamill, and was moving towards him. I was impressed he managed to keep his skates under him. In Response to Re: Hamill :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

Not that one ,  there was no call.  Size has nothing to do with it.
    I can name you 10 players that are as small or smaller than Hamill but use their speed and quick feet (and NAS please don't ask what that means) to get away from big defensemen.
    He had an okay game overall but on a consistence basis what he lacks might be displayed more often than a good pass he makes.  The pros and cons game.
    Like NAS said the day before the game maybe Hamill needs to play at a higher level with better players and so will his game.
    All I'm saying he had an okay game but like most of you I'm going to stay away from saying he belongs.  When he plays more games and continues his play then I'll jump on the bandwagon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill:[QUOTE] Caron anticipates what his linemates and what his opponents will do and is an active player . Pouliot goes to where ever he believes the system says to go and is a reactive player. This is why Caron was trusted on the PK right from his first call up, and why he'll probably pass Pouliot's career points total in a lot less years. In Response to Re: Hamill : Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

Perfect retort BandG and it will do no good for Caron to go back down as he is learning on the job. Jordan is starting to get the NHL I can see it, slowly but it's coming along.

The only reasons Benoit is still here are affordable 13th forward Salary, just in case there are injuries and Sauve/Arniel aren't ready just yet.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : You never can stop, can you?  So sad. Let me know when you get to a Providence Bruins game and we'll each talk about how they played. Maybe you can post a link about it?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

oh stop being over sensitive. 
    Many have said Hamill's a bust and did not look good at some games in Prov and many have said he's picked it up and played well, including you. 
    Even if Chowdah is insinuating it's your birds eye view SO WHAT ??? You do this all the time on this board. Don't take it personal. Besides that's makes this board intriguing , different opinions and different views.
    What about the posts Chowdah agrees with you and give you props ? AND I'm not going to look for them .
    p.s. just how I disagree with shupe and Sandog Wink

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : Wow, Jordan is "active", yet only has 9 hits while Benoit has 16.  Makes sense that Benoit is not yet comfortable with his positioning in a system he is still learning.  
    Posted by MeanE[/QUOTE]

I can't agree with you on that one because Montreal plays the same system. PC is not ready to lose Pouliot on waivers and/or re-entry waivers .  Someone will grab him for certain.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill :  speed and quick feet (and NAS please don't ask what that means) to get away from big defensemen.

Got any more catch phrases to throw at this kid?  How's his compete level?  Is he truculent?  Does he win the 50/50 pucks?  Can he get through the layers?  How is he when the team has numbers?  Does he ever play during the vulnerable minute?  Is he strong on the stick? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : I can't agree with you on that one because Montreal plays the same system. PC is not ready to lose Pouliot on waivers and/or re-entry waivers .  Someone will grab him for certain.

Montreal and Boston certainly do not play the same system.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : Montreal and Boston certainly do not play the same system.

In fact, I'm not sure there are two systems more different than the two teams.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : oh stop being over sensitive.  Many have said Hamill's a bust and did not look good at some games in Prov and many have said he's picked it up and played well, including you.  Even if Chowdah is insinuating it's your birds eye view SO WHAT ??? You do this all the time on this board. Don't take it personal. Besides that's makes this board intriguing , different opinions and different views. What about the posts Chowdah agrees with you and give you props ? AND I'm not going to look for them . p.s. just how I disagree with shupe and Sandog

Disagree, fine.  Don't be a coward and use pitiful passive-aggressive womanly tactics and go all Marc Savard ("Who, me?") when called out.  That's the difference, Legion.  I have respect for men who stand up.  I have none for little girls who hide.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : Got any more catch phrases to throw at this kid?  How's his compete level?  Is he truculent?  Does he win the 50/50 pucks?  Can he get through the layers?  How is he when the team has numbers?  Does he ever play during the vulnerable minute?  Is he strong on the stick? 

Thanks,  I'll use some of these and glad you get my drift.BTW what do you fiction writers use?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : Montreal and Boston certainly do not play the same system.

Here's more hockey lingo.  Martin and Julien use the 2-2-1 often in a game and that's the only thing I would say they have in common.
    The difference is when the Habs play "the trap" in the neutral zone and create turnovers they use their speed to counter.
    The Bruins on the other hand once they create turners in the neutral zone they'll use their size combined with some speed to gather the offensive zone .
    The difference between the two teams are the players and what type of hockey they're capable of playing but from a birds-eye-view you will notice both playing a 2-2-1 formation.
    What I've noticed though is Bruins don't play this from puck drop but only once taking te lead. Julien has switched up when needed .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

The Bruins and Canadiens have several similarities in coaching style and several distinct differences. Their team player makeup is very different, other than both being based around very good goaltending.

Sections
Shortcuts