Hamill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Hamill

Looking more confident with every shift.....He reminds me alot of Patrick Kane. Same sort of build and style of skating and play. I really think he will turn into a good NHL player when he is given more of a chance....He's sort of in limbo like Marchand was, until he broke out and started making good on his chances. Thats what its all about, making good on your chances. If he can set up a couple and score a few more, he will definitely be first player called up. His downfall is, he is a center and we have plenty centers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoSoxFanPeds. Show BoSoxFanPeds's posts

Re: Hamill

Hamill playing well.  He can play any forward position.  Does he play defense and forecheck well??  He and Caron are seeing the most action for forwards.  Are they strong and good enough to crack the top 12???  We'll see what Peter thinks soon enough...They have to sign a lot of players to contracts....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah, I think he looks pretty good, but there's really no room for him on this roster unless there are a spat of injuries.

On the one hand, I hope his strong play strengthens his position as trade bait.  He would be a regular starter on other teams, I think.

On the other hand, Providence looks so thin (and injuries will happen), that maybe the Bruins need to keep him for late season depth.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I really like what I'm seeing from Hamill. He is playing like he was billed when he was drafted, a smart player who is creative and sound defensively. His defensively play really has been outstanding. I want to see him play more, I think he should be the 13th forward, not Caron at this point in time. I see why a person would compare him to Kane, they are built similar. The guy I think of is this year's rookie phenom, the Nuge. Both players are small guys who depend heavily on mental skills for hockey success.  For kicks I thought I would look back at their pre-NHL draft stats:

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins: 
    2010-11 Red Deer WHL 69 31 75 106 +30
    2009-10 Red Deer WHL 67 24 41 65 -4  

Zach Hamill:

2006-07 Everett WHL 69 32 61 93 +16
    2005-06 Everett WHL 53 21 38 59 +18

Hamill's been knocked for years as a bad pick, but seeing him play well the last few games makes me wonder if things would have been different if he didn't require major hand surgery after turning pro, if he had walked into a 1st line center spot on a rebuilding team with equally talented young wingers to play with. The scouting reports were similar on the 1st overall Nuge and 8th overall Hamill. People have already forgotten the questions about Hopkins and his lack of size and whether he should be the top pick, but they were there at the time. Not saying Hamill is Hopkins, but he did look way better than Paille on the first line in the third period.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Hamil is in a position in Boston where there is a glut of forwards. I'm guessing that his trade value is on the rise with each game that he plays. He's young, a high draft pick, talented, good upside. I dont see why the Bruins would want to mess with the chemistry in the room now with a major trade. Instead I could see the bruins trading this young talented forward for a young talented defenseman.
    As an organization there is not much there after Dougie Hamilton and the B's need to address this need for young Defensive depth. This would also fall in line with their track record of acquiring defensemen via trade while stockpiling forwards through the draft.
    Of course I could be completely wrong and they could use Hamil as part of a package to bring in Iginla at the deadline. Not too many true contenders out there with the cap room to hande an Iginla. A second rounder, Hamil and McQuaid could get it done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill:
    [QUOTE]Hamil is in a position in Boston where there is a glut of forwards. I'm guessing that his trade value is on the rise with each game that he plays. He's young, a high draft pick, talented, good upside. I dont see why the Bruins would want to mess with the chemistry in the room now with a major trade. Instead I could see the bruins trading this young talented forward for a young talented defenseman. As an organization there is not much there after Dougie Hamilton and the B's need to address this need for young Defensive depth. This would also fall in line with their track record of acquiring defensemen via trade while stockpiling forwards through the draft. Of course I could be completely wrong and they could use Hamil as part of a package to bring in Iginla at the deadline. Not too many true contenders out there with the cap room to hande an Iginla. A second rounder, Hamil and McQuaid could get it done.
    Posted by ed121501[/QUOTE]
    ummmmm have you ever seen jarome iginla play hockey before? Here are players Calgary would inquire about; Tuukka Rask, David Krejci, Dougie Hamilton, Brad Marchand, patrice bergeron, and they would probably ask for a 1st rounder in addition. 2nd, mcquaid and hamill? are you okay?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Thank the lord some of you have zero perspective on player values. Good old Iginla, with the emphasis on "old" has been an outstanding player on his current team. There is no place for him on this current Bruins team. Meanwhile, as I wrote on an earlier thread many hours ago, " it is obvious that Chiarelli is showcasing Hamill for a trade" In the same discusssion I opinioned that " Chiarelli and Claude are hiding Caron because every time Caron has played Claude has nothing but positive comments". It's all part of the Chiarelli plan. Hamill is good enough to play in the NHL, as is Caron. Hamill may not acheive a fixed position with the bruins, but could help another team in a trade. Meanwhile Caron's capabilities are being wharehoused until he can step into a regular position, hopefully IMO sooner than later, but Chiarelli is very patient.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I think a better word on Hamill is "auditioning".  Not "showcasing" because I don't think they've actually decided his future is elsewhere.  Why do you let him go if he keeps playing this well?  They still hold his rights, so they can get just as much in picks if someone makes an RFA play for him - unless they're making a splashy move, but they don't seem to need a splashy move.  I could easily see him take Pouliot's place next year - the way he's playing, he would be a perfect compliment to Kelly and Peverley.  You'd have one of the most cerebral third lines in hockey.  Caron still has elements of his game that could grow in Providence, and he's waiver exempt, so let him play on the farm and maybe, if Paille walks or Hamill chokes, that's his next opportunity.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

Let's not let this get out of hand.  He is like Kane in that he is small and it stops there.  He has been playing good defense and generally mistake free hockey.  I've yet to see him burn anybody with his stickhandling, speed, or shot which makes me think he tops out as a 3rd line guy (possibly a good one) in the NHL.  To play in the top 6 on a descent NHL team I feel like you need to be really good at something, whether it be passing (Krecji), shooting (Horton), or speed (Marchand).

Perhaps with more playing time and confidence he will start to make those high end feeds that his junior stats would indicate he is capable of, but I don't see his shot or speed improving to that level.  I will say though that he looked MUCH better than Paille on the first line -- but that really shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody, except maybe CJ.

Good thing is that he is definitely proving himself to be an NHL ready player and adding value in the event of a trade.  We are stacked at center and I don't really seeing him beating out Spooner or Knight (from what I've read) in the future so I would see him moving on after this year

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Hamill:
    [QUOTE]He reminds me alot of Patrick Kane.
    Posted by bgrif008[/QUOTE]

I think they are very similar.  They are human males who play hockey.

That's about it.

Jeez, the kid has a few games where he looks not awful and the next think you know, he's in the same breath at the Calder Trophy winning, USA Olympic Team player who won the Stanley Cup.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ed121501. Show ed121501's posts

Let me check my temp..... Yup, I'm OK.
    Lets consider that Iginla is not quite the player he used to be (age,wear&tear....). Maybe the proper situation (like Boston) is what he needs to bring his game around again. As I said earlier, there are not many contenders with the cap space to handle Iginla's contract. More than likely he would be traded to a team in the East. A look at Cap Geek reveals that Boston may be the only real contender in the East that could bring him in. There are contenders in the West that can afford him (Detroit, Chicago, Minny) but, I see that as less likely. He will have the final say as to where/if he is traded. Will Calgary take whatever they can for him or will they decide to keep him and gain nothing. Tough choice but, the Flames need help and letting Iginla fade remain with the club will not help them. I also dont see him wanting to be traded to team within the conference. Boston could end up being Calgary's ONLY trade partner. Bottom line is that I dont think that the price for Iginla will be close to what you are thinking.
    Once again, a young promising center (Hamil), a young hard hitting defenseman (McQuaid) and a second rounder.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : ummmmm have you ever seen jarome iginla play hockey before? Here are players Calgary would inquire about; Tuukka Rask, David Krejci, Dougie Hamilton, Brad Marchand, patrice bergeron, and they would probably ask for a 1st rounder in addition. 2nd, mcquaid and hamill? are you okay?
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : Let me check my temp..... Yup, I'm OK. Lets consider that Iginla is not quite the player he used to be (age,wear&tear....).

(snip)

Once again, a young promising center (Hamil), a young hard hitting defenseman (McQuaid) and a second rounder.
    Posted by ed121501[/QUOTE]

Iginla had 43 goals and 43 assists last season, finishing sixth in the league in scoring.  He was between Stamkos and Ovechkin for points.

Do you really think you'll need to include McQuaid and Hamill along with that 25th-30th pick?  Maybe Alexadrov and Soderberg will get it done instead.  Be sure not to overpay.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

okay, Hamill has played like 5 good games, and now hes a promising young center? hes a depth guy until he proves otherwise. This aging winger of yours is their captain an scored 43 goals and had 86 points last year while being a complete player. consider that the price for kaberle was a 1st, a 2nd, and a good prospect, how is iginla worth less. considering that iginlas pro-rated cap hit would be in the area of 2.5 million, here are the eastern conference teams that could afford him, while jetisoning little to no salary; Boston, Washington, Buffalo, Florida, New York, Philly, Pittsburgh, and if for some reason they wanted to Toronto. Um thats 8 teams. Next time you say "A look at cap geek shows" you might want to actually look at cap geek. Furthermore there is no reason why the Flames would be unwilling to trade him to the west, especially considering the re-alignment next year. To suggest that Hamill, McQuaid, and a 2nd would get it done is beyond optimistic. A realistic Package would be more along the lines of Rask, Spooner, and a 1st

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : Iginla had 43 goals and 43 assists last season, finishing sixth in the league in scoring.  He was between Stamkos and Ovechkin for points. Do you really think you'll need to include McQuaid and Hamill along with that 25th-30th pick?  Maybe Alexadrov and Soderberg will get it done instead.  Be sure not to overpay.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]

no no NAS, he was actually suggesting that the 55-60th pick might have to be included

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I suspect that nobody was comparing Hamill to Kane in terms of their level of play or their careers.

I think the comparison was to style, where a small player, without great speed or skating, might make the NHL on hockey sense, passing, and general shiftiness.  I see the comparison, although there is a Grand Canyon sized gap in current success.  When Hamill plays well, he plays a little bit like Kane.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamill : no no NAS, he was actually suggesting that the 55-60th pick might have to be included
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]

My mistake!  The laughter from Calgary would be heard on Saturn.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wheatskins. Show Wheatskins's posts

Hamill.....Kane?

Ugly Betty.....Sophia Loren?

Yeah....now I get it!

Hamill does seem to be impoving, though. Good for his trading value.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

His play has been a pleasant surprise.  I'll take that for now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Last night when he started on the 4th line and Paille was playing with Krejci and Horton I was disappointed . I thought that was the perfect time for CJ to see what he could do playing with a couple of talented players.

I was glad to see CJ switch it up after. My verdict on his play was solid but average. Nothing really stood out for me with the way he played. With Lucic now coming back he most likely sits with everyone ( ? ) healthy.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I must be losing it and becoming senile. I know I was ready early to see a trade for a veteran winger but:

1. Paille is excellent on the fourth line.
    2. Pou has done nothing but improve and the the third line is the best in the NHL.
    3. Campbell is not going anywhere.
    4. Thorton has picked up his game and may have a challenge next year but that will be dealt with in the summer.
    5. Caron is not my favorite but been a decent 13th guy.
    6. Hammil has played well and can be slipped in on any line when needed.
    7. Krejci extended his contract.
    8. We are winning with what we have.

Of course Iginlia would be a nice addition so would a lot of veteran guys but considering cap space, players to be signed at the end of the year, and the new age of hockey is that even realistic. Would I give up McQuaid or Hamilton the two best young defenseman in the league. No that is crazy talk. They are not going to trade Krejci now that is not PC style. Why so much talk about Boychuck I have no idea with his plus minus rating. Again this speculation is a bit maddening at this point. The trade deadline will come and go with out a splash I suspect. Rask is getting more important starts and is playing great. If something was to happen I would be SHOCKED. I think we need to sit down and enjoy the show boys and let the professionals do there jobs. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]I must be losing it and becoming senile. I know I was ready early to see a trade for a veteran winger but: 1. Paille is excellent on the fourth line. 2. Pou has done nothing but improve and the the third line is the best in the NHL. 3. Campbell is not going anywhere. 4. Thorton has picked up his game and may have a challenge next year but that will be dealt with in the summer. 5. Caron is not my favorite but been a decent 13th guy. 6. Hammil has played well and can be slipped in on any line when needed. 7. Krejci extended his contract. 8. We are winning with what we have. Of course Iginlia would be a nice addition so would a lot of veteran guys but considering cap space, players to be signed at the end of the year, and the new age of hockey is that even realistic. Would I give up McQuaid or Hamilton the two best young defenseman in the league. No that is crazy talk. They are not going to trade Krejci now that is not PC style. Why so much talk about Boychuck I have no idea with his plus minus rating. Again this speculation is a bit maddening at this point. The trade deadline will come and go with out a splash I suspect. Rask is getting more important starts and is playing great. If something was to happen I would be SHOCKED. I think we need to sit down and enjoy the show boys and let the professionals do there jobs. 
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

^Yes.

And our young players are improving faster than our older players are declining -- the best is yet to come?  Why not?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Chiarelli needs to replace his 2nd rounder this upcoming draft so Hamill could have some scouts looking at him. If Chiarelli is shopping Zack or a GM is looking, its all about the opposing team wanting to wait 2 or 3 years to develop a Canadian Junior player or throw a player on the ice 9-12Mins a night now.

A 2nd rounder might be high but it could end up a conditional if the team re-signs him or not. I don't think it's going to do any good to for Hamill to go back down now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Fletch was that an agreement I am senile or my assesment is correct?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]Fletch was that an agreement I am senile or my assesment is correct?
    Posted by Macfact[/QUOTE]

I think your assessment was spot on.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

A 2nd for Hamill is quite reasonable. Filatov cost the Sens that, and hell look up Fishers trade to the Preds, he's a proven NHL guy but I still think that was a steep price.

[QUOTE]Chiarelli needs to replace his 2nd rounder this upcoming draft so Hamill could have some scouts looking at him. If Chiarelli is shopping Zack or a GM is looking, its all about the opposing team wanting to wait 2 or 3 years to develop a Canadian Junior player or throw a player on the ice 9-12Mins a night now. A 2nd rounder might be high but it could end up a conditional if the team re-signs him or not. I don't think it's going to do any good to for Hamill to go back down now.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]