Hamill

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: Hamill

Hamill's still a couple of stinky games from being an example of why the Bruins are cheap and should have hired Ray Shero because he'd never have drafted this bum.

Hamill's stil the same guy who went ice cold the last time he returned to Providence.

His play this year has been a bit of a Christmas miracle.  You have to wonder if getting booted from the black aces and not getting to do the little head shot for CBC was a bit of a wake up call.  No way he gets the boot off the black aces this year - if he's not already in Boston for good or dealt.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill:
    I suspect that nobody was comparing Hamill to Kane in terms of their level of play or their careers. I think the comparison was to style, where a small player, without great speed or skating, might make the NHL on hockey sense, passing, and general shiftiness.  I see the comparison, although there is a Grand Canyon sized gap in current success.  When Hamill plays well, he plays a little bit like Kane.
    Posted by Fletcher1

Exactly what I was trying to say. I never said he was kane or in the same field as kane when it comes to play. I just was pointing out that he resembles him....somewhat anyway more so his size. And I did say that he could be a GOOD NHL player someday. Not an allstar. I definitely see potential in him. No big thing. I should have put more description in my original post.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

okay, Hamill has played like 5 good games, and now hes a promising young center? hes a depth guy until he proves otherwise. This aging winger of yours is their captain an scored 43 goals and had 86 points last year while being a complete player. consider that the price for kaberle was a 1st, a 2nd, and a good prospect, how is iginla worth less. considering that iginlas pro-rated cap hit would be in the area of 2.5 million, here are the eastern conference teams that could afford him, while jetisoning little to no salary; Boston, Washington, Buffalo, Florida, New York, Philly, Pittsburgh, and if for some reason they wanted to Toronto. Um thats 8 teams. Next time you say "A look at cap geek shows" you might want to actually look at cap geek. Furthermore there is no reason why the Flames would be unwilling to trade him to the west, especially considering the re-alignment next year. To suggest that Hamill, McQuaid, and a 2nd would get it done is beyond optimistic. A realistic Package would be more along the lines of Rask, Spooner, and a 1st
    Posted by bostonfan191646

Not just after 5 games....I think he has a promising upside to him and in my original post I did say he does need to make good on his chances for him to have more of a chance. Just to clarify, he is not Kane, but something about his play resembles kane, at least to me anyway. I definitely think he looks more comfortable out there on the ice, than Caron does.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Hamill's still a couple of stinky games from being an example of why the Bruins are cheap and should have hired Ray Shero because he'd never have drafted this bum. Hamill's stil the same guy who went ice cold the last time he returned to Providence. His play this year has been a bit of a Christmas miracle.  You have to wonder if getting booted from the black aces and not getting to do the little head shot for CBC was a bit of a wake up call.  No way he gets the boot off the black aces this year - if he's not already in Boston for good or dealt.
    Posted by Bookboy007

You're right , Shero would have never drafted this bum . He drafted his own bum, Angelo Esposito 20th that year with current NHL players who were taken a little later.

120PittsburghAngelo EspositoCQuebec Remparts [QMJHL]     
    121EdmontonRiley NashCSalmon Arm Silverbacks [BCHL]     
    122Mtl. CanadiensMax PaciorettyLSioux City Musketeers [USHL]154314374104
    123NashvilleJonathon BlumDVancouver Giants [WHL]51581312
    124CalgaryMikael BacklundCVasteras IK [Swe-1]11613253828
    125VancouverPatrick WhiteCTri-City Storm [USHL]     
    126St. LouisDavid PerronCLewiston MAINEiacs [QMJHL]2425583138164

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

Knock on Hamill has never been in terms of talent but in terms of consistency: can he do it day-in and day-out to warrant inclusion on a Cup contender's lineup card? 

Also, the most telling thing for me about Hamill in the Habs game was that after he got stoned by Price on the slam-dunk one-timer from Horton, he went to the bench and started shaking his head and talking to himself, and had to be patted on the back and encouraged by the assistant coach.  Until he re-channels that and turns it into determination instead of frustration, he's always going to be at risk for becoming a liability.  Great player, and I've had high hopes for him since we drafted him, but he can't seem to get over the hump mentally.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from orr4neely8. Show orr4neely8's posts

I believe the more Hamil plays in the NHl the better player he will become. He will not be a great player but a good third line player. it seems PC, Neely and CJ are slowly progressing with the prospects and for good reason we have depth. Examples of bruins roster players McQuaid Boychuk Marchand and now could  good possibility Hamil and Caron jersey will have the letter B instead of the letter P eventually a full time career. Already mention next year will be a differ with our FA
    Paille Campbell Boychuk Kelly and Rask, if I think Hamil will be an RFA next season.

From an affordable situation with bruins mngt.  Rask, Kelly and Paille be can sign for next season and keep our cap safe.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Fletch was that an agreement I am senile or my assesment is correct?
    Posted by Macfact

Can't both be true?Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Knock on Hamill has never been in terms of talent but in terms of consistency: can he do it day-in and day-out to warrant inclusion on a Cup contender's lineup card?  Also, the most telling thing for me about Hamill in the Habs game was that after he got stoned by Price on the slam-dunk one-timer from Horton, he went to the bench and started shaking his head and talking to himself, and had to be patted on the back and encouraged by the assistant coach.  Until he re-channels that and turns it into determination instead of frustration, he's always going to be at risk for becoming a liability.  Great player, and I've had high hopes for him since we drafted him, but he can't seem to get over the hump mentally.
    Posted by wilsondogg

Agree on the mental toughness part of this, but I would say people have questioned his talent level for a while now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Knock on Hamill has never been in terms of talent but in terms of consistency: can he do it day-in and day-out to warrant inclusion on a Cup contender's lineup card?  Also, the most telling thing for me about Hamill in the Habs game was that after he got stoned by Price on the slam-dunk one-timer from Horton, he went to the bench and started shaking his head and talking to himself, and had to be patted on the back and encouraged by the assistant coach.  Until he re-channels that and turns it into determination instead of frustration, he's always going to be at risk for becoming a liability.  Great player, and I've had high hopes for him since we drafted him, but he can't seem to get over the hump mentally.
    Posted by wilsondogg

Sort of hard for you to question his mentality..... I mean, youre not hanging out on the bench with him and I dont recall ever reading anything negative about him and his actions. Maybe you know something I dont, but your not gonna know someones mental state by the shake of a head. Tough to tell if he was frustrated or just couldnt believe Price made the save. Nothing to be frustrated about on the play he made. He got off a great shot, price just made a better save. Who knows. Coach could have been saying great job, nice shot, way to be in the right place at the right time, which is what the coach should be preaching. Let him know the good things he has done as well as the bad.
    If your friends and hang out with him, then I apologize, otherwise, I question your questioning of his mentality and that being the thorn in his game.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In Response to Hamill : I think they are very similar.  They are human males who play hockey. That's about it. Jeez, the kid has a few games where he looks not awful and the next think you know, he's in the same breath at the Calder Trophy winning, USA Olympic Team player who won the Stanley Cup.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

my thoughts exactly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill : Can't both be true?
    Posted by dezaruchi

Probably...I am getting more grey hair and losing brain cells just reading this post lately. We are not even completely half way through this season. We are playing great hockey. Everyone is now gelling. PC and CJ have done a supberb job along with Neely of forming this team. Yet the speculation on who will go and stay before the bodies are even cold is mind numbing brain cell killing twisted. Let's enjoy the team we have. We can speculate and complain about the only weak link right now in Corvo but the rest of done their jobs with proficiency. It would be nice for Horton and Krejci to pick it up but really I am believing that we will see it as the season wears on. Sometimes you have to hold pat and play the cards you are dealt. Nothing is perfect. But we are damn good. Enjoy it for a while without all this madness.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill : Probably...I am getting more grey hair and losing brain cells just reading this post lately. We are not even completely half way through this season. We are playing great hockey. Everyone is now gelling. PC and CJ have done a supberb job along with Neely of forming this team. Yet the speculation on who will go and stay before the bodies are even cold is mind numbing brain cell killing twisted. Let's enjoy the team we have. We can speculate and complain about the only weak link right now in Corvo but the rest of done their jobs with proficiency. It would be nice for Horton and Krejci to pick it up but really I am believing that we will see it as the season wears on. Sometimes you have to hold pat and play the cards you are dealt. Nothing is perfect. But we are damn good. Enjoy it for a while without all this madness.
    Posted by Macfact

It used to be that winning was enough. It seems now some fans have a need to win better. There were some posters suggesting dismay over the Bruins "almost losing" to the Habs. I guarantee you will never hear me complain about almost losing. I'll take the ugly wins over a superbly played loss every time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Campbell + Caron and our 1st draft pick for Iggy

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2010-2011-2013

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In Response to Re: Hamill : It used to be that winning was enough. It seems now some fans have a need to win better. There were some posters suggesting dismay over the Bruins "almost losing" to the Habs. I guarantee you will never hear me complain about almost losing. I'll take the ugly wins over a superbly played loss every time.
    Posted by dezaruchi

Seriously....Dead on. Some people will always find something to complain about. Ive griped a couple times in the past, but for the majority I support this team 100%. Oh and I have not ever asked the B's to trade someone. And Trades they have done, Ive applauded. So Kabs didnt work out as great as everyone hoped for.....the B's still won the cup. Pevs and Kelly have been awesome pick ups. Those two are playing better this year than last. Love this team....I guess figuratively speaking. The B's will not make a trade that will alter this teams lineup. It would be for depth or future considerations. I just dont see it happening. There is no reason for it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSXIII. Show BSXIII's posts

Lots of over-analyzing going on in this thread.  As of right now, the Bruins have as good a chance as anyone of winning the Cup this season, health permitting.  The team has no major holes, so their biggest concern should be making sure they have the depth to handle a few injuries.

If everyone is healthy, Zach Hamill is expendable.  Should all of the top 12 forwards all remain healthy, that's a great problem to have, but it's not something you should count on.  He looks like someone who could step in if needed, and for this team, in this situation, that's worth a lot more than what Zach Hamil is going to bring you in a trade.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I agree. I think, for this season, he could make an excellent spare part. He didn't look out of place with Krejci and Horton, and he's good defensively. That could be very valuable if a significant injury hits post-trade deadline.

Lots of over-analyzing going on in this thread.  As of right now, the Bruins have as good a chance as anyone of winning the Cup this season, health permitting.  The team has no major holes, so their biggest concern should be making sure they have the depth to handle a few injuries. If everyone is healthy, Zach Hamill is expendable.  Should all of the top 12 forwards all remain healthy, that's a great problem to have, but it's not something you should count on.  He looks like someone who could step in if needed, and for this team, in this situation, that's worth a lot more than what Zach Hamil is going to bring you in a trade.
    Posted by BSXIII

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

That's a very interesting opinion.

you don't think his improved play that last two seasons has anything to do with finally being healthy for a long stretch? Don't forget he had like 3 hand injuries in his first two years or so out of juniors. A bit difficult for a skill guy to show his stuff with one working hand.

Hamill's still a couple of stinky games from being an example of why the Bruins are cheap and should have hired Ray Shero because he'd never have drafted this bum. Hamill's stil the same guy who went ice cold the last time he returned to Providence. His play this year has been a bit of a Christmas miracle.  You have to wonder if getting booted from the black aces and not getting to do the little head shot for CBC was a bit of a wake up call.  No way he gets the boot off the black aces this year - if he's not already in Boston for good or dealt.
    Posted by Bookboy007

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from The_Usual_softy. Show The_Usual_softy's posts

Lot of love for Hamill but he's a 3rd liner and i'm not sure that his celling is higher then that. Right now, there's no spot for him on the roster and i wouldn't be surprise to see him go, at the trade deadline, in a package. The 4th line has been excellent and you can't sit Pouliot base on his performances so... it make Hamill as the regular healthy scratch. Not sure how it's a positive for him as a player. He's young and he need a TON of ice time to improve...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

Softy you need a 13th guy right every night. Caron needs more ice time than Hammil right now. Why not let it be Hammil to fill injuries. He is far more useful and reliable to play on any lines. Caron down Hammil up and for the last time he is not trade bait. If a trade actually happens at the deadline including hammil I will be happy to post I am a dumb a s s.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

b&g: Three hand injuries?  I know he had one fairly serious injury, and I've always thought that had something to do with the difficulty he's had putting up better numbers, but in the end, if the injuries have permanently robbed him of something....  Well then he is what he is.

And let's be clear here - there are only two definite differences between Hamill to date and Hamill 2.0 - everyone's darling.  1: he got off to a fast start in Providence, particularly scoring goals.  He has typically started slowly, had a strong two months or so between Dec.-Feb, then tanked again.  2: he has looked better in Boston than he has in Providence.  To my mind, that means he is fully invested in being in the NHL...and has not been similarly interested in playing out the hand in Providence.  We haven't really had a chance to see that before, so it's new. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Ok one wrist and one thumb injury going off what a quick search brings up. Two seperate injuries across his first two season, in which he played poorly.
    And the differences aren't a quick start or at least not limited to that.
    Last year in his first fully healthy season he led Providence in scoring all season, and was leading at the time of his recall. He's also been stronger, faster and well, more focused this year (and IMO) in his recall last year. He still hasn't gotten consistent minutes with any one line/duo todate. He's also playing his first year outside center and that's an adjustment too.

The difference between this years Hamill and the Hamill of two seasons ago is as big as the difference between last years Marchand and the one from two years before that.

b&g: Three hand injuries?  I know he had one fairly serious injury, and I've always thought that had something to do with the difficulty he's had putting up better numbers, but in the end, if the injuries have permanently robbed him of something....  Well then he is what he is. And let's be clear here - there are only two definite differences between Hamill to date and Hamill 2.0 - everyone's darling.  1: he got off to a fast start in Providence, particularly scoring goals.  He has typically started slowly, had a strong two months or so between Dec.-Feb, then tanked again.  2: he has looked better in Boston than he has in Providence.  To my mind, that means he is fully invested in being in the NHL...and has not been similarly interested in playing out the hand in Providence.  We haven't really had a chance to see that before, so it's new. 
    Posted by Bookboy007

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

cmon ed, no response?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

ok, I take almost all of it back.

He's up quite a few notches from where he was, but he's just awful.

Hopefully those few notches are enough to make him trade bait.

Sections
Shortcuts