Hamilton in for Krug?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

Hamilton in for Krug?

I know that is a bit harsh but overall isn't he better?

Krug did little against the Pens and CJ felt he couldn't play him last night.

One play doesn't decide things but that was a really bad play leading by two goals in the 3rd.

No need to go up the middle just up the boards.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Hamilton in for Krug?

In response to Canadianfan6's comment:

I know that is a bit harsh but overall isn't he better?

Krug did little against the Pens and CJ felt he couldn't play him last night.

One play doesn't decide things but that was a really bad play leading by two goals in the 3rd.

No need to go up the middle just up the boards.

They allowed  2 goals in 4 games (some overtime too) to the Pittsburgh Penguins with Krug playing a regualr shift on defense. How did he do little?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Like Claude said, there was a bad line change as well, Krug plays it up the boards and hits a Bruin its a too many men penalty. More to blame than just Krug. It happened, it didn't cost the B's the game.The Bruins had numerous chances to win the game and didn't. If Seguin plays on the top line,great, he's up to the challenge and might be just what the doctor ordered to get him off the shnide. I think Horton will be back at some point. It would be nice to see the B's get the split in Chicago but i still don't think its critical. Like the old,tired saying goes, until you lose one at home your not in trouble.Go B's!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

how do people not understand this yet. krug - lefty. hamilton - righty. it would not happen this way. if krug is out, bart is in. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

how do people not understand this yet. krug - lefty. hamilton - righty. it would not happen this way. if krug is out, bart is in. 

How is it you keep jumping to this conclusion when CJ and PC never said it specifically? The Bruins currently are playing with 5 left hand shots and 1 right on D. Replacing a left shot for a right certainly doesn't throw anything out of whack. I'm not saying it's going to happen but it's also not something I will totally discount. The only quote i saw from CJ regarding left or right shot was when he was asked about his plan for defensive replacements to which he replied something along the lines of, "I don't know. There are lots of things that go into it but it could also be as simple as left or right shot". I've read nothing that leads me to believe that left or right shot is the sole factor regarding who plays. It might be important to them but it's not all that matters.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

How is it you keep jumping to this conclusion when CJ and PC never said it specifically? The Bruins currently are playing with 5 left hand shots and 1 right on D. Replacing a left shot for a right certainly doesn't throw anything out of whack. I'm not saying it's going to happen but it's also not something I will totally discount. The only quote i saw from CJ regarding left or right shot was when he was asked about his plan for defensive replacements to which he replied something along the lines of, "I don't know. There are lots of things that go into it but it could also be as simple as left or right shot". I've read nothing that leads me to believe that left or right shot is the sole factor regarding who plays. It might be important to them but it's not all that matters.

[/QUOTE]

dez- Boychuk & McQuaid are RH, while Seidenberg is LH playing right side. 

I do not see CJ breaking up Chara/Seidenberg or moving either McQuaid or Boychuk to left-side to play Hamilton.  If CJ has soured on Krug, I also think Bartkowski is the only logical choice.  Redden would probably be next.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Crowls2424's comment:

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

dez- Boychuk & McQuaid are RH, while Seidenberg is LH playing right side. 

I do not see CJ breaking up Chara/Seidenberg or moving either McQuaid or Boychuk to left-side to play Hamilton.  If CJ has soured on Krug, I also think Bartkowski is the only logical choice.  Redden would probably be next.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Crowls. I don't know how boychuk slipped my mind as I only remembered Mcquaid. I don't disagree with the logic of having Bartkowski be up next. I'm only saying there's lots that goes into deciding who plays. Which way a player shoots is only one of them. It might even be deemed the most important but it still wouldn't be the only thing. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

Agreed on both accounts. Handedness and experience factor into this decision. Krug was great against the Rangers, but his play leveled off against the Pens. I still think he's in line to start Game 2, but another shaky game could open the door for Bartkowski. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I forgot about Redden though. I wonder what Juliens pecking order is with his scratched D men. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Archer1's comment:

I forgot about Redden though. I wonder what Juliens pecking order is with his scratched D men. 

I think he will pick the guy who is getting the job done in practice. CJ doesn't seem concerned whether it's a vet or a rookie though. That much is certain. Here is what he said during round one:

"He might be a young player for the playoffs, but to me, at this stage, the amount of games that he’s played, he’s a veteran," said Julien of Hamilton. "We don’t look at guys, necessarily as rookies, we look at them as young players, but he’s a young player that’s going to be playing his first game, if not tomorrow, soon."

"I think that’s the thing with him, he’s played enough hockey to understand what’s at stake here. We have no issues, whether it’s him, whether it’s [Aaron] Johnson, even [Matt] Bartkowski that’s in Providence, we have those choices."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

Cam and PC have both said it. They've said Seidenberg is really the only guy that can play the off side effectively. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Your comments are false regarding lefty out , lefty in.

What stops Julien from breaking up Seidenburg and Chara to have three of each while Hamilton plays with one of them ?

The way Julien has been rotating the defence it would not stop him having those two ( 33 &44 )still together a lot.

Not saying it will happen this way, but the possibility is there. That's the way it played out during the regular season .........so it's nothing new.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Here's a wild one for you all to debate: add Krug to the forward position with Peverly and Seguin; then Bartkowski on D. Their speed will benefit the bruins in this series; and Krug's puck sense will augment the offense

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Take into consideration the Krug has played an entire season right ?. Could be a bit of rest needed  but only one game and one mistake ( which as mentioned didnt cost the game ) so unless they feel hes burnt out, he stays.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's a wild one for you all to debate: add Krug to the forward position with Peverly and Seguin; then Bartkowski on D. Their speed will benefit the bruins in this series; and Krug's puck sense will augment the offense

[/QUOTE

Taking a rookie defenseman and trying him out on the wing during the Stanley Cup Finals is a stupid idea.

Why not just try Khudobin?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"Take into consideration the Krug has played an entire season right ?"

So has everyone else and Krug has really only played a handfull of NHL games in comaprison to all his AHL games.

Krug to forward ?

Julien would be crucified and immediatly have a meeting with Neely and Chiarelli to take his temperature. Krug is a rookie and will mistakes, I am willing to live with them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

Maintaining the inner confidence of young players is key to their success, especially in a pressure-packed situation like the SCFs. Therefore, I say have Chara or one of his other D-men tell him "let's get this done" and move on. That having been said, I might be in favor of skating Bartkowski in either game 3 or 4 at TD Garden, both to give Krug a physical/emotional breather and to show faith in MB as well ( I am assuming that Hamilton already understands that he is red-shirting this playoff round ).

Another reason to take this approach would be to limit the lineup disruption that will be caused due to dealing with the Horton injury.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Hamilton was played in Boston this year solely due to the fact that staying in juniors wasn't a good option for the future core player on the blue line. Should 19 year olds be allowed to play full seasons in Providence, he would have played there all year. He'll probably show great strides next year, but he wasn't really ready this year.

Pretty sure the Bruins have him about 9th on their depth chart right now. Bartkowski and Redden are both ahead of him.

I'm not for sitting Krug, as that was one mistake that happens multiple times in a game; it just so happens that Chicago cashed in on it. All he could have done is: Try the play he tried to make (if he converted it, Daugavins would have had a nice rush), flip it into the neutral zone, risk a too-many-men call, or force the D-to-D pass that was covered.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Leave Krug in.  Stop obsessing over a rookie making a bad pass within an otherwise strong game.

Krug knows he made a mistake.  Everyone seems to think Julien needs to make so move to remind the kid that he shouldn't have passes intercepted in the D-zone.  He knows.  They all know, but sometimes players make mistakes.  

Aty this point, it's like reminding him that TPS reports need a cover sheet.  Enough already.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

In response to bogie6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

Taking a rookie defenseman and trying him out on the wing during the Stanley Cup Finals is a stupid idea.

Why not just try Khudobin?

Khudobin's stick is also too long.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Krug stays in. Julien likes him a lot and he's earned it. There were a ton of mistakes in that game. His just happened to end up in the net. He's the goods. He'll be better.

As for Hamilton. If Horton's injury is a prolonged on, I say put him at forward.

Just because it's fairly unorthodox and Julien would never try it, does not make it stupid or crazy.

Hamilton playing minutes on the 3rd/4th Line makes total sense. He is a great and versatile athlete who frequently makes forays into the offensive zone. Plus he would then be available for Powerplay time. He would be entirely dependable as a stop-gap, defensive forward. And gives Julien even more versatility - especially when a game goes into Triple Overtime!

If given the choice between Daugavins, Pandolfo, Caron, Soderberg, Hamilton - filling in somewhere in the lower 6 of the Forward Corps

I'm trying Hamilton. (and Soderberg, but that is another story)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

I just don't get some of the posters

There will be no Krug or Hamilton playing the forward position. Not going to happen in the Stanley Cup playoffs. Only thing you would ever see is Chara playing "forward" by parking in front of the net on PPs.

Hamilton is on the bench first and foremost because he is a righty and they are playing Chara and Seidenberg together. You need a lefty to play with McQuaid and it's a choice between Krug, Bartkowski and Redden, not Hamiliton. Hamilton will be a better player than Krug in this league and IMO is a better player now. If he was able to play in the AHL, he would still be in the NHL, I would argue that last year he would have been in the AHL if it was allowed.

Seguin and Hamilton had the "misfortune" of being selected by a contender because Toronto thought Kessel would put them over the top, they were wrong.

-----------------------------------------
    "Lighten up Francis"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I'd keep Krug in, but Im a full blown homer Krug fan at this point.  So my opinion needs to be taken with a grain of salt.

Re: offense...I'd play Caron (but Im crossing my fingers and toes that Horton can go).  I dont like Caron, but he has the most at stake.  He has failed to find a role with the tem for 3 years running.  He has to recognize that his time is going to pass, and he will soon be passed by other prospects (Spooner, Knight, koko, Cunningham).  

I'd play Caron because he has a ton to lose.  Because of that and his size, Im thinking (hoping) that he'll crash the net if nothing else.

On the other hand, Soderberg has had 2x as many NHL practices since the last time we saw him.  Its not out of the quesiton that his game is more "NHL style" than last we saw him.

Although, I always forget which side he can play (because of the eye).  I forget if he cant play right or left.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

"Take into consideration the Krug has played an entire season right ?"

So has everyone else and Krug has really only played a handfull of NHL games in comaprison to all his AHL games.

Krug to forward ?

Julien would be crucified and immediatly have a meeting with Neely and Chiarelli to take his temperature. Krug is a rookie and will mistakes, I am willing to live with them.

GRRRR you missed my point. his season started in sept , sheesh and as far as everyone else playing a full season ????? NO..my only point was  Bart and redden are well rested and healthy if (BIG IF ) they feel krug needs a break. It happens.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

Id keep Krug in. If a change is made it should be to redden.  

Sections
Shortcuts