Hamilton In??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newfiewhaler. Show newfiewhaler's posts

Hamilton In??

I thought that this was good news concerning Hamilton's involvement with the Canadian World Junior Team. Always great to have a future Bruin on that team. Too bad Spooner was ill.

http://tsn.ca/world_jrs/story/?id=382634

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Re: Hamilton In??

Taken from the Hockey Canada website :

Named to the team were goaltenders Mark Visentin and Scott Wedgewood, with Nathan Beaulieu, Brandon Gormley, Jamie Oleksiak, Dougie Hamilton, Scott Harrington, Ryan Murray and Mark Pysyk all on defence.

Up front, Freddie Hamilton, Quinton Howden, Jonathan Huberdeau, Tanner Pearson, Mark Scheifele, Devante Smith-Pelly, Mark Stone, Ryan Strome, Michael Bournival, Brett Connolly, Brendan Gallagher, Boone Jenner and Jaden Schwartz will play for Canada.           

The players released were goaltenders Louis Dominigue and Tyler Bunz, defencemen Cody Ceci, Alex Petrovic, Ryan Murphy and Joe Morrow as well as forwards Brett Bulmer, Phil Di Guiseppe, Tyler Toffoli, Christian Thomas, Ty Rattie, Brad Ross and Phillip Danault.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

That team is stacked...

Especially the D...

I can't wait to see Dougie live though...

Anybody know when the tourny starts?

Too lazy to look it up...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: Hamilton In??:
    [QUOTE]Drag our Leaf Icon above to your taskbar to bookmark TGAM in Internet Explorer 9 . Show me how Please don't show me this again Remind me later Drag our Leaf Icon above to your taskbar to bookmark TGAM in Internet Explorer 9 . Show me how Please don't show me this again Remind me later Taken from the Hockey Canada website :                                            Named to the team were goaltenders Mark Visentin and Scott Wedgewood, with Nathan Beaulieu, Brandon Gormley, Jamie Oleksiak, Dougie Hamilton, Scott Harrington, Ryan Murray and Mark Pysyk all on defence. Up front, Freddie Hamilton, Quinton Howden, Jonathan Huberdeau, Tanner Pearson, Mark Scheifele, Devante Smith-Pelly, Mark Stone, Ryan Strome, Michael Bournival, Brett Connolly, Brendan Gallagher, Boone Jenner and Jaden Schwartz will play for Canada.                                                                                                The players released were goaltenders Louis Dominigue and Tyler Bunz, defencemen Cody Ceci, Alex Petrovic, Ryan Murphy and Joe Morrow as well as forwards Brett Bulmer, Phil Di Guiseppe, Tyler Toffoli, Christian Thomas, Ty Rattie, Brad Ross and Phillip Danault.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-[/QUOTE]
    I'm looking forward to seeing what Tanner Pearson can do. Bob McKenzie a few weeks ago said that according to all the scouts/insiders he talked to, Pearson will likely go in the 2nd round. A strong performance at the WJC could elevate his draft stalk.

If he's available in the 2nd round, I wouldn't mind if PC gave him a look-provided his play doesn't drop from now until the end of the year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamilton In?? : I'm looking forward to seeing what Tanner Pearson can do. Bob McKenzie a few weeks ago said that according to all the scouts/insiders he talked to, Pearson will likely go in the 2nd round. A strong performance at the WJC could elevate his draft stalk. If he's available in the 2nd round, I wouldn't mind if PC gave him a look-provided his play doesn't drop from now until the end of the year.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]

Good to know . Thanks .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/14/five-canadians-to-watch-at-the-world-juniors/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamilton In?? : I'm looking forward to seeing what Tanner Pearson can do. Bob McKenzie a few weeks ago said that according to all the scouts/insiders he talked to, Pearson will likely go in the 2nd round. A strong performance at the WJC could elevate his draft stalk. If he's available in the 2nd round, I wouldn't mind if PC gave him a look-provided his play doesn't drop from now until the end of the year.
    Posted by Hockguy0818[/QUOTE]
    I think Boston traded their 2nd round pick to Toronto in that Kaberle trade. Tanner Pearson probably won't be around for Boston's 3rd round pick. So if PC really wants Pearson, it might have to be with Boston's 1st round pick.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Good for Hamilton, good for the Bruins, good for Canada.

Bad for this guy who will be rooting for the US.  That team looks ridiculously stacked.

I don't think this year's US squad looks like one of the stronger ones in recent years either, but we'll see.

Allegiance aside though, I can't wait to watch Hamilton and all Bruin prospects who might be in this tournament (Koko?).  If the US loses to Canada, I hope they are led by Hamilton...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Good for Hamilton, good for the Bruins, good for Canada. Bad for this guy who will be rooting for the US.  That team looks ridiculously stacked. I don't think this year's US squad looks like one of the stronger ones in recent years either, but we'll see. Allegiance aside though, I can't wait to watch Hamilton and all Bruin prospects who might be in this tournament (Koko?).  If the US loses to Canada, I hope they are led by Hamilton...
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]
    Fletch, that's what's good and bad about the tournament's format. When it comes down to a 1 game winner take all, there can be some surprises. I can't wait for this year's tourney. I can't remember the last time we had so many good young players. Obviously I'm pulling for Ferlin to do well, especially since Knight has been snubbed again.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

Dez, they're saying Canada's biggest worry is in goal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamilton In?? : I think Boston traded their 2nd round pick to Toronto in that Kaberle trade. Tanner Pearson probably won't be around for Boston's 3rd round pick. So if PC really wants Pearson, it might have to be with Boston's 1st round pick.
    Posted by Klaas[/QUOTE]

It is impossible to know and foolhardy to guess who will be available in which round in a draft that is six months away.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]Dez, they're saying Canada's biggest worry is in goal.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]
    Especially after last year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamilton In?? : It is impossible to know and foolhardy to guess who will be available in which round in a draft that is six months away.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Bookmark this page. Tanner Pearson will go before Boston's pick in the 3rd round.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamilton In?? : Bookmark this page. Tyler Pearson will go before Boston's pick in the 3rd round.
    Posted by Klaas[/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure if that's not going to surprise anyone when it happens. He's tearing the OHL apart right now. I predict that you are right.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]Dez, they're saying Canada's biggest worry is in goal.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

If Visentin is their man I'd agree. Consistency is not the word I'd use to describe his play this year compared to last. He makes highlight reel saves then lets in a softy. Maybe Wedgewood will step up and be the guy because of this ?