Hamilton on RW?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Hamilton on RW?

Would this be a good move?

For those that do not know, Dougie Hamilton was a late convert from forward to defense. I believe after he was drafted to Major Junior, actually.  I think there is no question of Hamilton's various hockey talents.  His biggest drawback right now is his defensive decision-making and positioning.  Could he potentially be a high-end scoring power winger?

I mostly am having this thought because for me, Krug and Bartowski are clearly ahead of him in terms of their play right now.  I also prefer Krug as a pure offence from the defence presence.  I really like his skill set.  If Chara (even if swapped with Krejci) and Krug are the #1&2 options for PP Dmen, Hamilton's projected value to the team is diminished - both for this year and possibly the next few.

I love the idea of Hamilton becoming an elite defensman, but the top-6 look pretty solid without him.  Going forward guys like Trotman and Moore may be able to fill holes down the road.  Hamilton is dangerous when he pinches down low, and could be an asset.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Hamilton on RW?

In response to OatesCam's comment:

Would this be a good move?

For those that do not know, Dougie Hamilton was a late convert from forward to defense. I believe after he was drafted to Major Junior, actually.  I think there is no question of Hamilton's various hockey talents.  His biggest drawback right now is his defensive decision-making and positioning.  Could he potentially be a high-end scoring power winger?

I mostly am having this thought because for me, Krug and Bartowski are clearly ahead of him in terms of their play right now.  I also prefer Krug as a pure offence from the defence presence.  I really like his skill set.  If Chara (even if swapped with Krejci) and Krug are the #1&2 options for PP Dmen, Hamilton's projected value to the team is diminished - both for this year and possibly the next few.

I love the idea of Hamilton becoming an elite defensman, but the top-6 look pretty solid without him.  Going forward guys like Trotman and Moore may be able to fill holes down the road.  Hamilton is dangerous when he pinches down low, and could be an asset.

Havent they played in more preseason games than him so far?  

I dont think it would be a good idea. I think he will do good as a defeseman.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

No. He'll be back in over Krug fairly early in the season. But no, I don't think that would ever be a good move anyways, imo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Package him, Seidenberg and Subban for a super high class #2 defenseman or another goal scoring right winger (for when Iginla leaves).

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Package him, Seidenberg and Subban for a super high class #2 defenseman or another goal scoring right winger (for when Iginla leaves).

anyone patricular in mind?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

None, Davey.  I'll leave the e-harmony stuff to Book.  He loves that.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

None, Davey.  I'll leave the e-harmony stuff to Book.  He loves that.

Its too bad we dont have Zack Hamil to add to every trade rumor to sweeten the pot anymore. I wonder who the new Hamil will be?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Leave hamilton as a defenseman. I hate the idea of moving him. Everytime a team seems to have a surplus at a position something happens. If he's playing well enough he'll be on the team. Personally, I think it's a matter of time before he's in and McQuaid is out.
    Remember the Sox had 6 starters and traded Arroyo for Willy Mo? Didnt work out so well and the Sox were bringing up pitchers all year to start a game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ha ha Davey.  Good stuff.

Hamil and a fourth round pick added to a deal will push any GM over the edge!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Ha ha Davey.  Good stuff.

Hamil and a fourth round pick added to a deal will push any GM over the edge!

If the Bruins still had Hamil in the lineup PC wouldnt have BOTCHED that Iginla deal!
    FACT

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Leave hamilton as a defenseman. I hate the idea of moving him. Everytime a team seems to have a surplus at a position something happens. If he's playing well enough he'll be on the team. Personally, I think it's a matter of time before he's in and McQuaid is out.
    Remember the Sox had 6 starters and traded Arroyo for Willy Mo? Didnt work out so well and the Sox were bringing up pitchers all year to start a game.

As a Reds fan, I still love that deal.

NAS: F-U.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Hamilton stays with the Bs unless:

a) the Bs have a glaring need that crops up during the season.

b) he has to put in ice time to increase his trade value (if it ever came to that.)

Sure, no one saw Krug coming on like he did, but a deep D corps is fine with me.  I still want to see what Hamilton can do when he puts on the muscle and puts the physical into his play.  I doubt he's going to be a "party animal" like Seguin and not put the focus on his training.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Leave hamilton as a defenseman. I hate the idea of moving him. Everytime a team seems to have a surplus.

As a Reds fan, I still love that deal.[/QUOTE]

1975...I knew there was a reason I didn't like you. Wille the greatest batting cage player in the history of baseball. 

Let the Yandle rumors begin! Hamilton stays because thar is now PCs prize from the Phat LaCrosse players deal. #27 wil with Bs for a long time ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

Leave hamilton as a defenseman. I hate the idea of moving him. Everytime a team seems to have a surplus.

As a Reds fan, I still love that deal.

1975...I knew there was a reason I didn't like you. Wille the greatest batting cage player in the history of baseball. 

Let the Yandle rumors begin! Hamilton stays because thar is now PCs prize from the Phat LaCrosse players deal. #27 wil with Bs for a long time ?

[/QUOTE]

Absolute moon shots. Ruined his own career by refusing to go to Triple AAA.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I don't think any of us should be sold on Krug yet. A couple weeks of good hockey and a few goals doesn't put him ahead of Hamilton for me. Let's see what happens after a full NHL season. And no, I don't think Hamilton should be a forward. I think he'll likely become that super high class number 2 d man that Nas wants to package him for. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So other than only seeing "a couple a weeks" of Krug. What aren't "WE" sold on him ?

Go through your issues with Torey so far...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

So other than only seeing "a couple a weeks" of Krug. What aren't "WE" sold on him ?

Go through your issues with Torey so far...

Pros > cons 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheGuyWithDaThing. Show TheGuyWithDaThing's posts

Sometimes youngsters break on the scene and play on raw emotion and it works out. Ever hear of beginners luck? Most of his goals were just that. One timers from the blue line (while they looke great) are impossible to control. It's not as though he just picked his spot and it went in all those times. He was just blasting it and trying to go high-near side. 

I'm not saying I don't believe he's a good player, but I don't feel comfortable enough to just 100% rely on him moving forward.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Geee....If I would have started this thread I would have got nailed like you wouldnt believe it...

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011 & 4 more Cups by 2020

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Geee....If I would have started this thread I would have got nailed like you wouldnt believe it...

that's because you're the worst poster on this board.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

Thats because your a moron.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

No. And I bet the B's management never even had the discussion. If the thought even crossed somebody's mind during a meeting they probably looked at Cam across the table and decided the slap upside the head for making such an idiotic staement could actually be life threatening and kept their mouth shut. Now, if only we could somehow arrange to have Cam show up at the house of some of the posters here to provide a beat down when needed. I bet that would improve the quality on this board pretty quickly.

Now, about converting Malcolm Subban to a PMD, I think this has some merit as....hold on, sombody is at the door. Holy Moses, it's Cam Neeley! I wonder what he wants?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Bostonfan & kelvana...always nice to talk to you guys thanks for the lovely messages and have a nice day !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Not a good move at all. Hamilton is still growing and learning as a top D-man. Hopefully his learning is not corrupted by poor decisions. Bartkowski appears more ready than either Krug or Hamilton.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Not a good move at all. Hamilton is still growing and learning as a top D-man. Hopefully his learning is not corrupted by poor decisions. Bartkowski appears more ready than either Krug or Hamilton.

Right bogie....Doug Hamilton scares me ...he has the size , the talent andsometimes I wonder if it wouldnt be a bad idea as suggested by OatesCam to use him as a forward...he can play physical and can be very productive his poor decisions sometimes as a D doesnt help him.....looks like Krug and Bartkowski are both ahead of him ....he better upgrade his game because he could be out of town soon ...as suggested on this board I would trade him anytime for Yandle and a draft choice

Sections
Shortcuts