Hamilton on RW?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

Re: Hamilton on RW?

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

In response to bogie6's comment:

[QUOTE]

Not a good move at all. Hamilton is still growing and learning as a top D-man. Hopefully his learning is not corrupted by poor decisions. Bartkowski appears more ready than either Krug or Hamilton.

Right bogie....Doug Hamilton scares me ...he has the size , the talent andsometimes I wonder if it wouldnt be a bad idea as suggested by OatesCam to use him as a forward...he can play physical and can be very productive his poor decisions sometimes as a D doesnt help him.....looks like Krug and Bartkowski are both ahead of him ....he better upgrade his game because he could be out of town soon ...as suggested on this board I would trade him anytime for Yandle and a draft choice

[/QUOTE]

He's young. Young players make mental mistakes. Playing on him wing would no doubt be a bad idea.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Package him, Seidenberg and Subban for a super high class #2 defenseman or another goal scoring right winger (for when Iginla leaves).

Leave Douglas alone! We bi tch & whine about PC's drafting & now we're talking about dealing "both" of his best picks he's ever done? He had 3 & traded one of them. I think it'll be a huge mistake trading DH. Chara isn't getting any younger & Hamilton right now is the best one to replace him in the future.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to OatesCam's comment:

Would this be a good move?

For those that do not know, Dougie Hamilton was a late convert from forward to defense. I believe after he was drafted to Major Junior, actually.  I think there is no question of Hamilton's various hockey talents.  His biggest drawback right now is his defensive decision-making and positioning.  Could he potentially be a high-end scoring power winger?

I mostly am having this thought because for me, Krug and Bartowski are clearly ahead of him in terms of their play right now.  I also prefer Krug as a pure offence from the defence presence.  I really like his skill set.  If Chara (even if swapped with Krejci) and Krug are the #1&2 options for PP Dmen, Hamilton's projected value to the team is diminished - both for this year and possibly the next few.

I love the idea of Hamilton becoming an elite defensman, but the top-6 look pretty solid without him.  Going forward guys like Trotman and Moore may be able to fill holes down the road.  Hamilton is dangerous when he pinches down low, and could be an asset.

Did you get this idea from Corsi?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

Package him, Seidenberg and Subban for a super high class #2 defenseman or another goal scoring right winger (for when Iginla leaves).

Leave Douglas alone! We bi tch & whine about PC's drafting & now we're talking about dealing "both" of his best picks he's ever done? He had 3 & traded one of them. I think it'll be a huge mistake trading DH. Chara isn't getting any younger & Hamilton right now is the best one to replace him in the future.

[/QUOTE]

Ok ok lets give him one more week !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In response to TheGuyWithDaThing's comment:

I'm not saying I don't believe he's a good player, but I don't feel comfortable enough to just 100% rely on him moving forward.

I agree that all three young defenseman will have hiccups and bad stretches through the season. I do not agree that Krug's goals were lucky. A dying quail and squibbler hits certainly attributed to allot of Ted Williams hits. 

Pretty or not a goal is a goal, a base hit is a base hit. Krug put himself into position to get a shot off and through a sea of legs n sticks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Where the hel7 is Chowdah?!?!  Here, let me Rich Little this one in his absence:

Did you actually watch the playoffs or just look up Krug's stats at the end of the playoffs?

The shots got through because, in once instance, Krug took a bad pass and quickly moved it into a shooting position - fast enough that a) no one could get down for the block and b) Lundqvist couldn't track it.  On another occasion, he got the same effect from a little fake and walking in and to the left to create a better shooting lane without losing the screen.  Adam McQuaid walks into it and bombs it with his eyes closed.  Krug seems to look at the whole situation and use good hands and feet get the puck on net - and not on the crest.

But I digress.  Both short and long term, the question is really about how far can Hamilton go.  If you think he's the #1D when Chara retires, you don't want him detouring to forward at this stage of his career.  Let him play, let him develop, reap the benefits.

Are you not entertained?!?!