Hamilton Rocks McDavid !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

Hamilton Rocks McDavid !

Last night, Dougie Hamilton playing for the Ice Dogs in their season opener flattened the OHL's number 1 draft pick Connor McDavid with a thunderous bodycheck in the kid's first ever OHL game.  After the game, Connor said that Hamilton was an absolute nightmare to play against. Way to go Dougie and welcome to the OHL McDavid !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Hamilton Rocks McDavid !

http://ontariohockeyleague.com/video/index/id/6af98b69b8f84bb3500ca1f9fa1304ae

Doesn't show the hit by Hamilton but those are the highlights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQGIVpOsHqM

Anthony Camara at the 12 second mark "with ahh twisted wrister!". Camara finished with a hat trick no less!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nice job, Dougie!  You should be in the NHL right now.  Good job leveling a 15 year old.

That's just sad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

So if Pronger crushed Seguin in his first year of NHL hockey, would that be OK?  Hehe.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Nice job, Dougie!  You should be in the NHL right now.  Good job leveling a 15 year old.

That's just sad.

[/QUOTE]  What's so sad about it ? The kid should have kept his head up. Talk to the president of the OHL David Branch. He is the one who made the exception to the age rule and let McDavid play at age 15. He wants to play with the big boys, that's the way it goes. Hockey is a contact sport.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

That's just sad.

[/QUOTE]

Should Hamilton ease up McDavid because he's younger? The kid was given exceptional player status because he's just that. He's got 2 points on Erie's only 2 goals tonight. Seriously, what should Hamilton be doing instead of playing as well as he can every time he steps on the ice? He's a teenager playing against other teenagers. What's the problem?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

My brothers were 4 & 6 yrs older than me, I sure wish NAS was there to tell them to ease up on me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think he should have held up.  He has no one to impress.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

I think he should have held up.  He has no one to impress.

[/QUOTE]

Honestly though Nas, I don't think he'd be doing McDavid any favours in the long run if he goes easier on him. You should've seen McDavid's post-game interviews. He said that after a few shifts it dawned on him that he was going to be facing Hamilton every time he touched the ice. You could tell he likes the idea of being challenged.

"First hit was a fluke, by the 3rd one, I'm thinking Holy Crap, 60 minutes against this guy."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

It was the kid's first game.  He's a 15 year old little kid.  Come on.  No need for the #9 pick who should be gearing up for his first NHL season to blow him up.

I just think of Travis Roy.  Now, no one hit Roy, but it was his first college game and that was that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think it's kind of stupid that the kid is playing to begin with, I don't care how good he is. The difference in physical maturity between a 15 yr old and an 18 year old can be pretty significant..Theyre just asking for trouble by doing this, sooner or later, maybe not with this kid, but this will come back to bite them.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think it's kind of stupid that the kid is playing to begin with, I don't care how good he is. The difference in physical maturity between a 15 yr old and an 18 year old can be pretty significant..Theyre just asking for trouble by doing this, sooner or later, maybe not with this kid, but this will come back to bite them.

[/QUOTE]

There are a number of current NHL players that are smaller than McDavid. If a kid is good enough to play he should be allowed to play. Erie lost 8-2 tonight and McDavid had 1 and 1. He'll be just fine.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

The Otters site lists McDavid at 5'11, 170.  Not even Marty St. Louis or Brad Marchand are listed that light.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

It was the kid's first game.  He's a 15 year old little kid.  Come on.  No need for the #9 pick who should be gearing up for his first NHL season to blow him up.

I just think of Travis Roy.  Now, no one hit Roy, but it was his first college game and that was that.

[/QUOTE

Age has no bearing on how you play against anyone in a competitive league. If you're on the ice you're fair game. McDavid was dangerous with the puck whenever he had it. 

Good job Dougie for not letting up . More aggression is needed from him . Not less.

btw that 15 year old little kid's skills are sick.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There are a number of current NHL players that are smaller than McDavid. If a kid is good enough to play he should be allowed to play. Erie lost 8-2 tonight and McDavid had 1 and 1. He'll be just fine.

[/QUOTE]

McDavid will be more than just fine. He'll be their best offensive player. The little kid is impressive.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Honestly, Chowda, those posts are pretty creepy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

All good points, and it looks like the kid is well ahead of his age class talent wise and physical wise, but if I'm McDavids father, I might be worried about him getting hurt by someone who is much bigger and supposed to be playing in the NHL right now.. Just my opinion, did some research on him last night, kid has some skill.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]

The Otters site lists McDavid at 5'11, 170.  Not even Marty St. Louis or Brad Marchand are listed that light.

[/QUOTE]

RNH played all of last year at 170. He's coming in at 175 this season. He did OK against men last year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

RNH played all of last year at 170. He's coming in at 175 this season. He did OK against men last year.

[/QUOTE]

Good point, and to look at him without his gear on you'd never know he's an NHLer..Yikes, the more I see of this McDavid kid the more I am impressed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

[QUOTE]

Honestly, Chowda, those posts are pretty creepy.

[/QUOTE]

Honestly, NAS, from one creep to another, glad you think so.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I'm with NAS, I don't think they should have made an exemption for him. Hamilton's 19 - there's a world of difference physically between 15 and 19.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In response to red75's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm with NAS, I don't think they should have made an exemption for him. Hamilton's 19 - there's a world of difference physically between 15 and 19.

[/QUOTE]

Are we talking about hockey players or body builders ? The kid was given an exemption for the way he plays hockey, not for how big or small he is.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Do the parents have to sign a waiver for a kid of 15 or 16 to play in Canadian Junior hockey leagues ?

How was Hamilton supposed to know the age of an opponent ? Why would Hamilton care ?

Chiarelli "Doug why did you ease up on the check during the game the other night ?"

Hamilton "Well...I hear this kid is 18 years old in his 1st year of the NHL so I didn't want to hurt him. Once in Junior I caught allot of heat for hitting a 15 year old that probably shouldn't have been playing in the first place. Just trying to be carful".

Chiarelli "The player you lightened up on spun of your weak attempt and almost scored. Finish your checks son or maybe you should try badminton".

Weak attempt at trying to throw dirt on Hamilton.