Hamilton vs Chara on the PP

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Hamilton vs Chara on the PP

I know he is a rookie, but it seems to me that Hamilton on the power play can place a shot for a rebound much better than Chara and his 100 mph shot that ultimately either misses the net and runs out of the zone or has the rebound come back out to the line. Hamiltons shot seems much heavier and despite the C on his chest, I wouldnt mind seeing Chara lose a little more time to Doug on the pp. Hamilton also seems much better at actually firing into lanes where Chara just tries to bust his through groups of people.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Hamilton vs Chara on the PP

Cedfano should use his wrister a little more.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Does he even have one? Watching that giant windup of his is like watching Kong break out of his shackles in 1930's New York. You can see it coming from a mile away.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to mikzor's comment:

Does he even have one? Watching that giant windup of his is like watching Kong break out of his shackles in 1930's New York. You can see it coming from a mile away.

Nobody in the NHL has the ability to do this better than Zee. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzM1mpy86K0

He's got the fastest & hardest & HEAVIEST (that's for you NAS) shot in the league. He should be using it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

And most of the time the Bruins have to skate back to their own net to get it back. I will give Charas shot some credit, it dents the hell out of the boards. Give me Hamiltons low shot with accuracy any day. Or pinch Chara lower if possible.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Part of playing on the powerplay points is the ability to keep the puck in and play defense. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Part of playing on the powerplay points is the ability to keep the puck in and play defense. 

I've never seen another player as good at holding the blue line as Ray Bourque. You're right. It's a crucial PP skill.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

This is something that has been really annoying to watch - Hamilton provides so much more movement and opens up lots more passing lanes than Chara. The other night game was on the line, and they sent out Chara and Ference ??? I know Ward gets a lot of sh1t on this board, but who is responsible for deciding who gets put out on the 1st unit? I've seen enough of Bergeron and Chara on the PP to last a lifetime - guess what? they aren't very good at it. Marchand, Seguin and Hamilton - take over boys and do your best - can't possibly be any worse.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

For those who wonder why Hamilton doesn't get more powerplay time, I think this video will be pretty helpful.

Click Here To See Why

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In response to JWensink's comment:

This is something that has been really annoying to watch - Hamilton provides so much more movement and opens up lots more passing lanes than Chara. The other night game was on the line, and they sent out Chara and Ference ??? I know Ward gets a lot of sh1t on this board, but who is responsible for deciding who gets put out on the 1st unit? I've seen enough of Bergeron and Chara on the PP to last a lifetime - guess what? they aren't very good at it. Marchand, Seguin and Hamilton - take over boys and do your best - can't possibly be any worse.

The Hamilton/Seguin movement really opens up the middle, I love the combo on the pp. Time to trust the rooks a little more.