Hamilton wins OHL top defenceman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from winexpos. Show winexpos's posts

Hamilton wins OHL top defenceman

Dougie Hamilton of the Niagara IceDogs was named the winner of the 2011-12 Max Kaminsky Trophy on Tuesday.

The award is presented annually to the most outstanding defenceman in the Ontario Hockey League.

Hamilton led all defencemen in the league in scoring with 17 goals and 55 assists in 50 games for the IceDogs this season. The 18-year-old from Toronto also has four goals and 15 assists in 15 playoff games.

“This year has been a ton of fun and it is a huge honour to win this award,” Hamilton said in a press release. “I spent the last couple of years watching the best defencemen in the league and then trying to get myself to that point and it is exciting to be here now and receive this award. A lot of past winners have gone on to NHL careers and hopefully I can follow suit.”

Hamilton was selected ninth overall by the Boston Bruins in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft and won a bronze medal with Canada at the 2012 World Junior Hockey Championship

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Hamilton wins OHL top defenceman

Hope he hits the weights hard this off season, like Seguin did last year, and puts on some weight.

Hope to see him playing in Boston next year but he'll have to work hard and prove himself under CJ.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Hamlton's play this year has moved him up from the 15 best prospect to the 4th best prospect on the Hockey futures list of top prospects.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/14164/top50_nugenthopkins_tops_spring_rankings/

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In Response to Re: Hamilton wins OHL top defenceman:
    [QUOTE]Hope he hits the weights hard this off season, like Seguin did last year, and puts on some weight. Hope to see him playing in Boston next year but he'll have to work hard and prove himself under CJ.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

I can tell you this much, I went to rookie camp and then training camp.  In those few months Hamilton got a LOT bigger (15 lbs. and 2 inches I think it was).  While a bunch of the growth was just plain genetics, he must have been hitting the weight room hard.  I wouldn't even bat an eye if he put on 10 lbs. of muscle this summer, actually I would be surprised if he didn't put on at least that much.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamilton wins OHL top defenceman : I can tell you this much, I went to rookie camp and then training camp.  In those few months Hamilton got a LOT bigger (15 lbs. and 2 inches I think it was).  While a bunch of the growth was just plain genetics, he must have been hitting the weight room hard.  I wouldn't even bat an eye if he put on 10 lbs. of muscle this summer, actually I would be surprised if he didn't put on at least that much.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Good to hear! Yeah I heard he was 6'6" now... was kinda surprised he gained 2 inches at 18. Definitley a natural athlete too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamilton wins OHL top defenceman : Good to hear! Yeah I heard he was 6'6" now... was kinda surprised he gained 2 inches at 18. Definitley a natural athlete too.
    Posted by Bisson1[/QUOTE]

I've told it a million times, but you're new and probably didn't hear my rookie and training camp reports... but anyways, Hamilton was really impressive at camp.  He and Koko were the only ones to stay after practice and work.

I've been to a few camps and Hamilton stood out more for me than either Bergeron and Lucic did at their rookie and training camps.

Sections
Shortcuts