Hamilton

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tremha. Show tremha's posts

Hamilton

Didnt see alot of the WJR Tourney as was out of the Country for most if it, but did see last nights game against Russia.

First off - I liked the grit that Koko showed. 

As for Hamilton - looked very comfortable in the offensive zone - both directing from the blueline and jumping into the play which he seemed to do alot of.  My guess is he will spend another year in JR hockey next year - He needs to fill out but more importantly, he needs to develop his defensive game - especially if CJ is still coaching!  He looked awfully tentative to me and did not use / take the body as you would expect.  

Work in progress with great upside is how i see it - most defencemen take longer to develop and my guess is he is one not to be rushed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Hamilton

I agree with you on all counts.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Hamilton:
    [QUOTE]Didnt see alot of the WJR Tourney as was out of the Country for most if it, but did see last nights game against Russia. First off - I liked the grit that Koko showed.  As for Hamilton - looked very comfortable in the offensive zone - both directing from the blueline and jumping into the play which he seemed to do alot of.  My guess is he will spend another year in JR hockey next year - He needs to fill out but more importantly, he needs to develop his defensive game - especially if CJ is still coaching!  He looked awfully tentative to me and did not use / take the body as you would expect.   Work in progress with great upside is how i see it - most defencemen take longer to develop and my guess is he is one not to be rushed.
    Posted by tremha[/QUOTE]
    He also threw a nice open-ice hit at the end of the 1st period. It was clean to boot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dawoodguy. Show dawoodguy's posts

IMO Dougie looked fine out there. He is also receiving positive accolades from hockey pundits..... I was curious and looked up his stats;
    GP 5
    Goals 2
    Assists 3
    +5
    15 SOG
    I'm thinking he's doing quite well.......and can't wait to see him next year with the B's

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i think perhaps he might have to play in the NHL, getting eased along to develop defensively. However I could see him spending another year in junior

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: Hamilton:
    [QUOTE]i think perhaps he might have to play in the NHL, getting eased along to develop defensively. However I could see him spending another year in junior
    Posted by bostonfan191646[/QUOTE]
    This is the first player that was drafted by the B's since PC took over. Where he said he expects Hamilton to be part of the B's next season. He never even said this about Seguin.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

He never said he expects Hamilton to be on the team next year either.

In Response to Re: Hamilton:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hamilton : This is the first player that was drafted by the B's since PC took over. Where he said he expects Hamilton to be part of the B's next season. He never even said this about Seguin.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsIn4. Show BruinsIn4's posts

I'm confused by this thread... "this is the first player drafted since PC took over"???  or "this is the first player drafed since PC took over where he said he expects Hamilton to be part of the B's next season" ??

I'm not sure either of those statement configurations are true.  Does anyone "expect" Dougie to be on the squad next year?  It would be a major surprise (to me) if he was.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chappy28. Show Chappy28's posts

I think he'll make the B's.  Julien's runs a structured system which takes a lot of the decision making/guesswork out of the job.  If Dougie is as smart as they say he is I think he would be in a position to come in as a 3rd pairing or 7th defenseman to ease into the NHL.  Part of me thinks that the reason he gambles so much is because he can get away with it at the junior level.  His gambles pay off more times than not down there and he is a good enough skater to get back.  I'm guessing if left in the OHL for another year he would be more concerned with scoring 100+ points than he would be with "developing" his D game.  At least if he comes up next year he will learn how to do things the right way, not unlike Seguin.

Physically, I'm not all that worried.  If Ferrence handle NHL size forwards, I think a 6'5" 200 lb Dougie can do it as well.  Not that he's going to walk in and start manhandling everybody like Chara, but he won't be overwhelmed

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

That is a tight D core to crack. I watched him play and I can see that he is a good seventh guy maybe over Kampfer which Corvo gets one more year in Boston. I guess Corvo is the odd man out after that. They are not going to move anyone else next year.