Handicap the 7th player award

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Handicap the 7th player award

Matt Kalman was asked on 98.5 this morning who his top 3 candidates were for the 7th player award he went with Thornton, Lucic, Thomas.

I'm going with Thomas, Lucic and Ference who does everyone else have ?

Thomas - Obvious saving the Bruins night in and night. Crow for me is good without salt on this one.

Lucic - Ankle is fine hitting, fighting, scoring laughing out loud at critics who said he was overpaid.

Ference - Much maligned, often traded on this board but stays at home to fight another day. An unsung hero of mine!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from captainbergeron. Show captainbergeron's posts

Re: Handicap the 7th player award

Remind me, 7th player award is given to the most valuable player or the player that exceeds expectations?

Most valuable to this point is without a doubt Thomas.

If it's exceeded expectations than my vote is for Marchand. I never expected him to have as much of an impact on this team as he has.

Thornton I guess is having a good year, but he barely plays 12 minutes a game. I guess he would make the top three.

Thomas and Lucic I expected to play well after they were healthy and Ference has been his usual dependable self. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed he can finally make an 82 game season in Boston. He hasn't had one since 2005-06 with Calgary

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Can you give it to the entire 4th line?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tuckerw3. Show Tuckerw3's posts

Marchand-I had no idea that he could have such a positive impact on this team as you saw last night with his first game back scoring.
    Thornton-Has done it all recently with fighting and even scoring two goals in the Thrashers game.  He has been a real game changer as has the entire fourth line.
    Lucic- He is healthy and scoring.  Not fighting that much as of late but has not been necesary because he has been producing.  He has cooled off as of late but I hope to see him continue on his scoring ways.  He is on pace for a career year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Its Thornton or Marchant both deserve it.

PS Anybody see #18 at all lately?

NATHAN NATHAN WHERE ARE YOU?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Exceeding expectations:
    TT - way way way way beyond was I was expecting.
    expectations 3 - actual score --- /> off the chart
    Thornton - way more goals than I expected.
    expectations - 2, actual score 7
    Lucic - more goals than I expected.
    expectations - 4, actual score 8
    Marchand - did not expect Marchand at all.
    expectations - 0, actual score 9

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mikeonetwo. Show Mikeonetwo's posts

It's Marchand for me.  The kid plays with fire all the time.  3 shorties and good goal last night. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

1. Tim Thomas - if not for him this team would be in big trouble. Rask has not been playing wel at all for a future franchise goalie.

2. Shawn Thornton - This guy gives his all every night. Now add some goals to that mix. He knows when to drop the gloves and makes few mistakes.

3. Brad Marchand - WOW. His play has been huge. He has done what he has been asked for and more. On the side I wished he had more size. If more Bruins could play like him. He skates hard, hits, reminds me of Mr. Barnaby.

4. McQuaid - Has done a very good job. PLays steady. Has done a very good job on D. Better then what most taught.

5. Lucic, Krejci, Bergeron and Recchi - All have been solid. Doing better then expected.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

thornton by far but Marchand gets some votes too

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from zamboni24. Show zamboni24's posts

Thornton --Much improved, dedicated, gives 100% all the time. Every player likes to win but Thornton hates to lose. Has taken on some of the biggest and toughest guys in the league. Willing to stick his head in a buzzsaw for any teamate. Even showing some creative stick handling lately.  

Sections
Shortcuts