Hard to watch this. How long will it last?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Hard to watch this. How long will it last?

The Bruins have played 1 good period in the last 13 now. What is going on?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Re: Hard to watch this. How long will it last?

Wheeler is the reason this team is struggling. HE CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I'm not going to disagree but Caron had a breakaway and shot it right into the pads. We've also had several odd-man rushes that resulted in reasonable chance that we just couldn't finish. YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU CAN'T SCORE!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Where's everyone that said we don't need savard and Sturm on this team. Oh that's right Marc and Marco are going to mess up the chemistry of the Bruins when they come back supposedly.Bit hey were just fine with Ryder he's red hot uh huh...

Boston is going to struggle without Krejci but when he comes back with Boychuk, Sturm and Savard look out this team is going to click on all cylinders. The Bruins no breakout defense is being exposed right now so were going to see some grind out games it is what it is. What did you expect without Krejci and Boychuk ?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

Sandog is right. Savard and Krejci  miss to this team.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBostonBruins. Show TheBostonBruins's posts

F#*cking garbage. Absolute f&#cking garbage. Wheeler is a COMPLETELY USELESS PIECE OF F#@CKING SH*T.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Officially worst game of the year.  Team is trying to play finesse hockey without their finesse players in the line up.  When Krejci and Savard are our they need to be a mean grinding team and not let weasels like Neil off the hook.  He even gave Chara a good shot at the end of the game to rub it in.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I don't mind losing when I can see that players are giving it their best... but I see no fight in this team right now. This is 5 straight games the team just decided to take off (forgetting the ONE good period against Pittsburgh of course.)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

Wheels could not get his stick on a puck just laying in the crease. Wheels had 3 or 4 golden chances in that game and came up empty. Bergy set him up at least twice. If PC and CJ keep this dope around any longer, well it will be a darn shame.

Seguin needs to play wing and get to use his speed. He's definitely not ready for the center position yet.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockeymac. Show hockeymac's posts

This team has talent, a few injuries shouldn't make this big of a difference.  I think it's time to look at the coaching staff.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Call it what you want...this team is not driven to win....plain and simple.  Sure there have been some good games, but as per recent history, goaltending has been the kicker.
    Yes..Krechi , Savard, Sturm...yup..... ya can't dismiss injuries, but there'll be some subtraction before they're all in the lineup.  Fact is....as PC said a long time ago...."compete level".
    This fan has seen no consistent "compete level".
    I see a fairly good team(and I saw it in spurts last year).  What I don't see yet...is anything you could call a perrenial winner!
    This team has had a pretty good road record by lulling their opponents to sleep.  They're home record has been less than average at best.....and for quite some time.
    A pro hockey team cant be wired all the time...but geesh !!!  I'm as big a Krechi fan as anyone else, but if this team can't put 50 spirited minutes together without him, then  it's certainly not a serious contender.
    I'll leave it up to those with more expertise to figure things out......but boy....I'm awfull disappointed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Im not sure whats going on.  Burnout maybe?  Theyve played REALLY well ALL year, and have had a few bad games now (yes, they came back against the Pens but they didnt play well until the 3rd).  Really, wahts happened:  Loss in shootout vs. Blues, one of the best teams.  Came back against the Pens.  Loss to the Habs and now Sens.  Both teams have been hot.  B's scoring has cooled off and it seems, against teams that are equally as good (or close), CJ gets out-coached.  Happened a lot last year.  Teams have his game figured out and he doesnt adjust in my opinion.  But really, the Bruins have been lighting it up all year basically, theyve slipped for a few games now.  Theyll get back on track.  Face it, they arent the best team in the league, but they are certainly top 10.  EVERYONE, even the best, are going to have some bad games.  We'll see what happens in the next 3 games, then Ill worry/wonder if they dont bounce back.  A few tough teams and close losses isnt exactly horrible, although the offense has looked non-existent as of late.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

some are right on like bigvig. The team played very well against the Blues after the 1st period; came alive in the 3rd against the pens; ran out of gas against the Habs, not a lack of effort; played a stinker against the Sens who they might have beaten except for Wheeler's miscues. Still a poor game and it appears they will now put Seguin/Paille/Thornton on a 4th line so they can focus Seguin on defense first[ Julien's system is not natural or easy] and limit ice time with out messing up the other 3 lines.Not a bad strategy without Kreji/Savard/Boychuck and not necessarily Julien's brain c hild.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Hard to watch this. How long will it last?:
    [QUOTE]Where's everyone that said we don't need savard and Sturm on this team. Oh that's right Marc and Marco are going to mess up the chemistry of the Bruins when they come back supposedly.Bit hey were just fine with Ryder he's red hot uh huh... Boston is going to struggle without Krejci but when he comes back with Boychuk, Sturm and Savard look out this team is going to click on all cylinders. The Bruins no breakout defense is being exposed right now so were going to see some grind out games it is what it is. What did you expect without Krejci and Boychuk ?
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Not sure why I'm adding to this post when SanDog's reply already nailed it. I guess b/c I'm also crazy annoyed at all the short-sighted "fans" who actually did suggest the B's were better off w/out Sturm and (especially) Savard b/c they won a string of games w/out them in freaking OCTOBER.

This Bruins team is pretty simple. There's no mystery. They desperately need a healthy trio of centers Krejci/Savard/Bergeron if they're to make any kind of noise in the playoffs, or even make the playoffs at all. If ANY of those guys miss any inordinate amount of time, they are exposed for what they are--a very mediocre squad with good to excellent goaltending and defensemen that can be good at the shut-down system CJ employs but can't do much on offense and a lot of spare parts that on most other teams in the league would be relegated to 3rd or 4th line duty.

Horton upgrades them for sure, but Lucic continues to be overrated and w/out a big splash trade at the deadline to give them even more scoring punch they're looking at another 2nd round KO (and that's WITH the aforementioned trio healthy and contributing.)

Sorry to bring reality into the discussion....but asking "what's wrong with the Bruins?" w/Krejci and Savard out is like asking "what's wrong with the Beatles?" if they're missing Lennon and McCartney.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

I don't want to say much as I feel and think the Bs play is a matter of healthy centers.  As for the Sturm recovery, well, two knee surgeries will not make him the player he was three years ago.  He will be an upgrade over the likes of Wheeler!  This guy can not protect the puck at wing and now at center.  Savard is a great passer, in other words his ability to take risks are more than likely going to work.  He is defensively better as well.  A top line center in the league, ahhh no.  Needless to say he is as productive as his contract reads in monetary figures. Lastly the team is a contender for the Eastern Conference finals if all the players that are injured play and moves are made to clear cap.  I am going to repeat myself here, play the kids now!

Sections
Shortcuts