Hart Trophy Candidates

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Hart Trophy Candidates

Before he went down with a broken jaw I think Crosby had it all sewn up. He still leads the league in points, and I guess he could still win it. But for the sake of this discussion I will leave him out since his status right now isnt very clear.

I think it is between Toews,Ovechkin and Tavares. If the Islanders get in, I'd love to see Tavares get it, really like his game, but good lord is Ovechkin hot right now. It's going to be a tough one.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Hart Trophy Candidates

In response to kelvana33's comment:

Before he went down with a broken jaw I think Crosby had it all sewn up. He still leads the league in points, and I guess he could still win it. But for the sake of this discussion I will leave him out since his status right now isnt very clear.

I think it is between Toews,Ovechkin and Tavares. If the Islanders get in, I'd love to see Tavares get it, really like his game, but good lord is Ovechkin hot right now. It's going to be a tough one.

Another 3 points for Tavares so far tonight. He is a machine. He'd be a very worthy winner in my opinion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Taveres is having an excellent season for sure but I think Ovechkin is going to win it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

In response to ColonCampbell's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

either Sedin could or should win it, they are like watching a magic show on ice.

Now introducing the sedin brothers - The greatest disappearing act on ice!

Sid the kid!  All Hart.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrrGOAT2. Show No4BobbyOrrGOAT2's posts

Second thought just give it to subban.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

I agree Ovi will win but Tavares would be an excellent choice too

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods' comment:

I agree Ovi will win but Tavares would be an excellent choice too

No denying he is putting together an excellent season. The future seems bright with the young Isles.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Ovi has looked so great recently partly because he started sp poorly. Tavares has done it game in and game out. Caps were supposed to be decent and the Isles were supposed to be weak again. Tavares should win. He deserves it the most.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

If Taveres played on a more prominent team and wasn't so unassuming, I think there would be more hype about him. 

So good, so consistent, and the unquestioned leader of a team that has surged into the playoffs when their roster says they have no business there.

He'd get my vote.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

My heart says Tavares

My brain says Ovechkin

My gut says the NHL will just give it to Crosby anyways

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Both Ovi and Tavares are deserving but I'll add a dark horse - Sergei Bobrovsky. If you're looking at the Hart going to the player most valuable to their team, there is absolutely no way the Jackets are sitting in a playoff spot like they are right now without Bobrovsky.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

In response to red75's comment:

Both Ovi and Tavares are deserving but I'll add a dark horse - Sergei Bobrovsky. If you're looking at the Hart going to the player most valuable to their team, there is absolutely no way the Jackets are sitting in a playoff spot like they are right now without Bobrovsky.

"We need a cop thats gonna play by the rules...You're off the case, Bobrovsky!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksb7UlwCIKQ

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

Ovi has looked so great recently partly because he started sp poorly. Tavares has done it game in and game out. Caps were supposed to be decent and the Isles were supposed to be weak again. Tavares should win. He deserves it the most.

I was gonna start a tavares thread last night.  I agree.  You take him outta ny and the islanders are a very very bad team.  Tavares gets my vote.  Hes done it all year.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

sid was the best player in the NHL this year. He gets my vote. Tavares is a close second. Ovechkin was asleep for half a season, if he wasn't his team would have clinched the playoffs already. he isn't in the running for having an unreal second half

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Patrick Kane. If not the Hart, definately the Lady Byng (only 6 PIM).

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucdufour. Show lucdufour's posts

If Chicago finishes with 5 or 6 losses in 48 games, it'll be tough to not vote for a Blackhawk--Toews or Kane.  I'd lean towards Toews.  

Ovechkin has been unbelievable as of late but the Hawks have been consistently good all year and Caps play the majority of their games in the Crapolla Division.  

I love Tavares as a player but his +/- is still negative.  I usually hate this stat but the voters look at the entire picture.  It's tough when his competitors are simply on better teams and their +/- are Kane (+14) and Toews (+27).  I think you could make an argument for Tavares over Kane but not Tavares over Toews.   

Crosby should not win it because of the injury and amount of time missed.  

My winner is Toews.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

sid was the best player in the NHL this year. He gets my vote. Tavares is a close second. Ovechkin was asleep for half a season, if he wasn't his team would have clinched the playoffs already. he isn't in the running for having an unreal second half

The Hart isn't for the league's best player,it's for the most valuable. Pitt without Crosby is still a contender. The Isles without Tavares are done.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

The Hart isn't for the league's best player,it's for the most valuable. Pitt without Crosby is still a contender. The Isles without Tavares are done.

Agreed, which is why I'd go with Tavres as well, and put Bobrovsky as a close second.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

In response to Klaas's comment:

Matt Moulson has to get some consideration as well, 42 pts. and 4 PIM.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to bostonfan191646's comment:

This is my thinking.  Some other guys have really picked it up recently, but for most of the season Tavares kept the Isles from being hopeless.  They're nothing without him, and they're a playoff team with him.  That's pretty valuable.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

In response to red75's comment:

In response to Klaas's comment:

Matt Moulson has to get some consideration as well, 42 pts. and 4 PIM.

True, but I think voters always consider point totals when voting on any award.