Hartnell signs for 6yrs/28.5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Hartnell signs for 6yrs/28.5

Not bad, I love watching the B's/Flyers and every time Hartnell goes into the corner I hope Chara just destroys him. I can't stand this guy, and would think he would take that as a compliment.

If he were a Bruin he would be one of the more popular ones.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Hartnell signs for 6yrs/28.5

I wonder if the GMs are pitching "Listen, they are putting an end to these longer deals and the cap is coming down.  Sign this now and we'll see if we can protect it."

With all of the money that's been thrown around, how is Hartnell not a $5.5M player?

Disclaimer:  I'm a huge Hartnell fan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Hartnell signs for 6yrs/28.5:
    [QUOTE]I wonder if the GMs are pitching "Listen, they are putting an end to these longer deals and the cap is coming down.  Sign this now and we'll see if we can protect it." With all of the money that's been thrown around, how is Hartnell not a $5.5M player? Disclaimer:  I'm a huge Hartnell fan.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    I'm not a Hartnell fan but still wonder the same as you. Good deal for Philly.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Hartnell is a gutless punk won't ever fight anyone who can actualy fight. I will never forget when Chara wanted to go with him in the playoffs and Scotty goes to the ice like he was shot by a sniper and turtled in fear. That being said I would most likely like him alot if he was a bruins since I like Marchand. I think its more than a fair deal for philly.
    Posted by bosbruins2011cup[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a 37 goal scorer last season should be looked down upon for not fighting.

In the past, he has fought some pretty tough customers.  Brookbank and Godard were no push overs.  He's not a heavyweight, or even a middle heavyweight fighter, but he'll go.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I'm not surprised that people are big Hartnell fans.  What I would find baffling is how someone can love Hartnell and hate Marchand at the same time.

Both incredible agitators and good players.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

[QUOTE]
     With all of the money that's been thrown around, how is Hartnell not a $5.5M player? 

His agent isn't sleazy enough ;)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

I would do that deal with Lucic if he would take it.  I like shorter contracts, but this seems a good enough annual value of $4.75M per, to justify the length.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not surprised that people are big Hartnell fans.  What I would find baffling is how someone can love Hartnell and hate Marchand at the same time. Both incredible agitators and good players.
    Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

The world is a funny place, isn't it?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hartnell signs for 6yrs/28.5 : The world is a funny place, isn't it?

MA Fleury provides some insightful comments on Hartnell

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: Hartnell signs for 6yrs/28.5:[QUOTE]I'm not surprised that people are big Hartnell fans.  What I would find baffling is how someone can love Hartnell and hate Marchand at the same time. Both incredible agitators and good players. Posted by Fletcher1[/QUOTE]

Me thinks his NASness had a problem with a short-cocky-good athlete at some point in Dorchester growing up but had a really good friend that looked like Barbara Striesand LOL

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Big Hartnell fan as well. Actually, I hate the guy, but that makes me a fan. You know what I mean.

This is the first reasonable signing I've seen in a long time, and a good ceiling benchmark for Lucic. Hopefully we see a 6yr/$25mil Lucic extension soon. Making a tick under $5mil now as an RFA next year, I don't see his play as something that warrants a significant upgrade nor a downgrade. Length of term could be the major factor in his next contract, and 6 years would be a good play from the Bs standpoint. $25mil for Lucic versus $28mil for Hartnell makes sense...as long as Lucic's agent agrees.

Down the road, it would be nice to see Lucic, Seidenberg and Bergeron get extensions now and put them in the core mix of long-term players with Chara, Kelly, Peverly and Boychuck. I'm sure PC would do all three of those deals if he could, but I understand the players wanting to wait a bit and let the market play out. I imagine we'll see the RFA process start with Seguin, Rask and Marchand the moment the ink dries on the new CBA. Tough choices coming with Horton and Ference. All in all, the Bs are in good shape as there aren't many unknowns in any of these deals.

And I still hate Hartnell. But I like him. Ugh.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JanneyJoyce. Show JanneyJoyce's posts

And I still hate Hartnell. But I like him. Ugh.

Understand completely.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from juniorfalcon19. Show juniorfalcon19's posts

if he keeps putting up 37 this is a great deal. Keep in mind though that as a flyer (5 year period) he's averaged 25 goals per season. This deal might look bad after year 3 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hartnell signs for 6yrs/28.5 : Me thinks his NASness had a problem with a short-cocky-good athlete at some point in Dorchester growing up but had a really good friend that looked like Barbara Striesand LOL
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Haha, or some weird thing with Gonzo and Miss Piggy,

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xdrive. Show xdrive's posts

another 6 year deal from owners looking to cap deals at 5 years in their current negotiations. hypocrits

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

[QUOTE]another 6 year deal from owners looking to cap deals at 5 years in their current negotiations. hypocrits
    Posted by xdrive[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking they want maximum 5 year deals going forward.