Has everyone just given up?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Has everyone just given up?

Never seen this board so quiet.  Is the problem that posts aren't sticking?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Has everyone just given up?

I hear you Book, but how much can people complain about Lucic and the injury situation?  Plus, I think people are just waiting for the team to put a few wins together in order to put the "slump" behind us.  The good posters (yeah, fanboys) on here get tired of defending the team when we know they haven't played well.  What more can you say?

The Marathon bombings haven't helped either, since the team hasn't played since Saturday and hockey around here is less important due to the tragedy.

Also, hopefully everyone has Stanley on ignore by now - if you haven't figured out he is just a troll you haven't been paying attention!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

Definately the tragedy has quieted us all, I know for me personally my thoughts are still on it, I cant seem to get off cnn, praying and waiting for the answers.

Ojnce again hard to admit and say it, sometimes things like this brings ppl together, right now life and family seems to be my focus.

I put the picture of martin on my background to remind me every morning to pray for his family and others there as well.

Sorry if this is off topic.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mxt. Show mxt's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

Definately the tragedy has quieted us all, I know for me personally my thoughts are still on it, I cant seem to get off cnn, praying and waiting for the answers.

Ojnce again hard to admit and say it, sometimes things like this brings ppl together, right now life and family seems to be my focus.

I put the picture of martin on my background to remind me every morning to pray for his family and others there as well.

Great post, and not off topic at all. Bruin issues are far down on the priority list right now, as they should be. That being said, I'll be watching tonight but don't know we're my brain will be. It will be interesting to see how the players perform and if they can even focus. Go Bruins and USA.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sportsnutty. Show Sportsnutty's posts

Somehow waxing on about Lucic getting a clue, the Yeti's grand debut, and Marchand's POSSIBLE concussion has taken a back seat in my conciousness.. that IS sad. I hope it comes back... like now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Yeah Book, I'm trying but its been hard to care.  The marathon is one of my favorite days in Boston.  My old man landed in the ER on Monday too, not related to the marathon (and he's okay), so I've just had a hard time caring about line combos.  But they play again tonight and that's great.  I'll be watching.  Go B's!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickyHussle. Show RickyHussle's posts

In response to wallydouglas' comment:

This mirors my sentiment.  Honestly, my heart will not be in the game tonight.  That says alot considering my favorite player returns to the ice tonight and also given how close we are to the playoffs and how tight the race is.  Right now all of this seems insignificant.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I just don't really care right now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

Well put, 'Not-A-Shot'.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gord11. Show gord11's posts

That said, the Bruins can do A LOT for the city right now. They can say A LOT to the world about not living in fear. When they step on the ice tonight, that will be their message, that will be their mission. Everyone will see it. Everyone will feel it.

Sport is for hinting at man's ideal - not for mirroring his reality.

Go Bruins! Go Boston!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I guess sticking up for Boychuck as a top 4 defenseman just isn't on the forefront of my thoughts right now.

Perspective, perspective

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Entertainment just seems so unimportant right now.  A good B's game though, should help transition us through the process.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Put me in the "hard to care" category.

Tonight's game may help with morale, however.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

It will be interesting to see and hear the vibe at the Garden tonight.  Bostonians are passionate about everything, including giving a big FU to the terrorists by going out and having a good time.  A B's victory will  magnify the fan's resolve and begin the healing.  Even if they lose, the message will be sent.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I do get the point about perspective, and I certainly am not surprised.  It did seem, though, that the technical issues on the board brought the slow pace of conversations to a full stop for about 10 hours.  I thought that was a shame because it has been a bit of a relief - a bit of normalcy - to see conversations on the board.  Wally - especially the conversations where those of you closer to the reality remind us.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to jmwalters' comment:

Put me in the "hard to care" category.

Tonight's game may help with morale, however.

Agreed on both points.  It will/would be good to see the Bruins play a good and exciting game tonight.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'm not posting because some vile dispicable person is hinting that the Bruins will get preferential treatment.

I am utterly disgusted that this person will go to any lengths whatever to irritate people.

I'm stunned that he doesn't even have a shred of human decency.

When Yankees and Canadiens fans show support for Boston, this individual uses a tragic event to become the best troll he can.

And the globe is letting him get away with it.

Disgusting.  Disgraceful.  I've complained and nothng happened.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In response to BadHabitude's comment:

I'm not posting because some vile dispicable person is hinting that the Bruins will get preferential treatment.

I am utterly disgusted that this person will go to any lengths whatever to irritate people.

When Yankees and Canadiens fans show support for Boston, this individual uses a tragic event to become the best troll he can.

That's another reason.  If BDC cannot show show the basic competence and decency to ban a poster that is dancing in the ashes of Monday's tragedy, then this place is worthless.  Report this poster.  Everyone.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

We're all hurting about real life now, my friend. I'm crushed. I wish I could take away all the physical and mental pain from the victim's and families. Many of you know me as being a 'little off- the-wall" and you probably figured out that I was my high school's "class clown" of 1967. I lost several feet of my ileum (sm intestine) while "vacationing" in Vietnam in "69".  Served 26 years in the Pa State Police. I know a little bit about post trama stress syndrom, and the suffering of others.

But I will be watching the game tonight. I'm sure there will be a moving tribute prior to it. And ultimately, I'm hoping that the "legal fix" I enjoy in following the BRUINS helps to soften the blows of our world today if even temporarily.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE

Put him on ignore and leave him there.  I have never read a single post of his, and I'm glad I haven't seen what he's written about the bombings.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

This should be interesting to try to post.  The box to enter text on my screen is beside the posts in the thread, and I can only see half of what I am typing, so bear with any typos.

While it would be nice to see the Bruins come out flying, I wouldn't expect it.  They live in Boston too, and I'm sure they are hurting mentally, just like so many of the fans are.  Unfortunately, a stinker of a game is entirely possible tonight. 

Either way, it will be nice to take a step toward normalcy.

Now if BDC can just fix this board.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:

That's another reason.  If BDC cannot show show the basic competence and decency to ban a poster that is dancing in the ashes of Monday's tragedy, then this place is worthless.  Report this poster.  Everyone.

1st.  I hope your dad is well.  You are a good man.  Had to come from the top with mom and dad.

2nd.  Which poster.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Yeah Book, I'm trying but its been hard to care.  The marathon is one of my favorite days in Boston.  My old man landed in the ER on Monday too, not related to the marathon (and he's okay), so I've just had a hard time caring about line combos.  But they play again tonight and that's great.  I'll be watching.  Go B's!

Glad to hear your Dad is ok Fletch.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to shuperman's comment:

1st.  I hope your dad is well.  You are a good man.  Had to come from the top with mom and dad.

2nd.  Which poster.  

the poster is null and now is ColonCampbell.

Disgracefull and disgusting and I'd love to see some street justice done against this vile person.

How low do you have to be to take advantage of this tragedy?  That's a really sick and nasty person.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

the poster is null and now is ColonCampbell.

Disgracefull and disgusting and I'd love to see some street justice done against this vile person.

How low do you have to be to take advantage of this tragedy?  That's a really sick and nasty person.

Just put him on ignore.  I hadn't even realized that he posted anything about the bombings.

Sections
Shortcuts