Has the misery passed yet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Has the misery passed yet?

Well, another season passes and, unlike last season but like the 30+ before, the B's didn't win the Cup.  A little more effort would have been nice (and made it easier...who knew they weren't going to show up for 80% of the games?), but you can't win them all.  I'm okay with it.

Now we can focus on the fun of the off season, and ignoring people who come here (even though we don't go there) to rib us about losing. 

Bring on the "Parise?" threads!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Has the misery passed yet?

In Response to Has the misery passed yet?:
    Well, another season passes and, unlike last season but like the 30+ before, the B's didn't win the Cup.  A little more effort would have been nice (and made it easier...who knew they weren't going to show up for 80% of the games?), but you can't win them all.  I'm okay with it. Now we can focus on the fun of the off season, and ignoring people who come here (even though we don't go there) to rib us about losing.  Bring on the "Parise?" threads!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Me too.Of course i would have liked to see the B's advance,but it wasn't in the cards.The joy of them winning it all last year and the glow i carried for a long time afterward tempered this years early departure.I think the Bruins still have a good young core and with there health back and the odd MINOR tweak will challenge for the Cup again next year. And by the way, Parise would be o.k but not at any cost.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Bobby Orr and the B's didn't win it back to back.  I'm fine with it.  The way they played all year, I didn't expect them to go very far anyway.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Well, another season passes and, unlike last season but like the 30+ before, the B's didn't win the Cup.  A little more effort would have been nice (and made it easier...who knew they weren't going to show up for 80% of the games?), but you can't win them all.  I'm okay with it. Now we can focus on the fun of the off season, and ignoring people who come here (even though we don't go there) to rib us about losing.  Bring on the "Parise?" threads!
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I was preparing more for good effort than the prospect of them actually winning it all again. I wish they won but the sun still rises. They'll still come into next year as 1 of the teams expected to challenge for the Cup. That's all I ask for as a fan.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Not yet.  Keep yer head down.  The crazies and basketball fans are still here sharing their wisdom with us, claiming the 'experts' on here drowned them out back in November.

Commie came on and started her obigatory thread, amazingly without a poll and predicitably convoluted.

I'm guessing null is gone because I'm guessing the marketing opportunity is gone.  His last post about 'educating the ignorant' is a quote right off his website.

Another couple of days maybe and things will settle down.  Hopefully.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Has the misery passed yet?:
    In Response to Has the misery passed yet? : I was preparing more for good effort than the prospect of them actually winning it all again. I wish they won but the sun still rises. They'll still come into next year as 1 of the teams expected to challenge for the Cup. That's all I ask for as a fan.
    Posted by dezaruchi

I was expecting a better effort, also, Dez.  Or maybe at least better games?  Talk about boring!  At least it's over and we can stop wondering when it's going to end.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

Bobby Orr and the B's didn't win it back to back.  I'm fine with it.  The way they played all year, I didn't expect them to go very far anyway.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I agree.  I'd hoped for the Bruins to have at least a solid shot at the Cup but I'd be less than honest if I said I was certain they'd win it again.  Especially without the significant contributions of Horton, so important to 2011's championship.  It just goes to show how charmed their run was last year. 

Charmed in the sense of a mostly healthy roster, the OT wins, timely goals, some stellar team and individual perfomances and rebounding to beat the heavily-favoured and bloated Canucks after not being given much of a chance to win.  It all fell into place last season. This year, no.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I wouldnt call it misery, I'm dissapointed, love looking forward to the games. Last nights game wasnt nearly as painful as the Carolina OT loss and I'm sure thats due to the the Cup last year. The series itself, your right, it wasnt very exciting, and if not for the 3 O.T games would be that much less entertaining. Still, love watching my Bruins, always have and always will.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

This was a stark reminder I think.  Any team needs a lot of things to come together at the right time to win the Cup.  It doesn't take much to upend a run.  I look forward to seeing if they can get it all together next year.

Personally, I don't buy the effort angle.  This is a team that tries to play with focussed effort.  Teams that play as Washington did seem to leave them too unsure where to place their effort.  It would be nice if they could figure that out for next season.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

What's tough to take is that a third string goaltender outplayed Thomas.
    Posted by bellhorn_

What's tough is the top 6 forwards not showing up.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

They won the Cup last year. I'm sated for a while.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

I'm also fine with the effort, knowing that there are ways for any team to advance given the current state of things in the NHL. VAN is out. NYR was pushed to 7. PIT is out. DET is out. SJ is out. These are all good teams, and it leaves me with the reminder that someone has to win and someone has to lose.

That said, I'm still wrapping my head around what it is that gnaws at me with this year. The Bruins are built long-term to make the playoffs every year, and that is wonderful. I'm not sure they're built to be a ECF contender every year. But, is that even possible these days?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

This was a stark reminder I think.  Any team needs a lot of things to come together at the right time to win the Cup.  It doesn't take much to upend a run.  I look forward to seeing if they can get it all together next year. Personally, I don't buy the effort angle.  This is a team that tries to play with focussed effort.  Teams that play as Washington did seem to leave them too unsure where to place their effort.  It would be nice if they could figure that out for next season.
    Posted by DrCC

Jeez more post mortem, you're late NAS.
    I agree with you on this DrCC.    It was all about the system and how the Caps put the Bruins to sleep.
    Don Cherry brought up a good point.  When Lucic nails Chimera at the benches , their tough guy Hendricks was stopping Beagle and Chimera from starting a scrum, their tough guy !!! That's enough proof I need to see what Hunter instilled in their brains. Don't awake the Bruins emotions and give them that rush they need .

NAS I agree this was the most boring 1st round series I've seen in a long long time.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

I was actually OK with the effort, but I didn't enjoy the games all that much. I think the league needs to give the refs a refresher course in post-lockout officiating. The Caps walked the line when it comes to hooking, holding and interference. Nothing blatant but all that subtle stuff that makes it hard to get into scoring lanes. Normally a game without penalties helps the Bruins because they are the league's best 5 on 5, but in this series it went the other way. The obstruction took skill out of the game and the less skilled team won. That kind of hockey is awful... I almost stopped watching the NHL in '04 because it was getting so bad. The league can't let this style creep back in. My hopes for the Bruins overall took a big hit when Horton was announced done for the year. He brings a lot to the team. It's hard to go all the way when you have any injuries at all. Bergeron's was the nail in the coffin.

In Response to Re: Has the misery passed yet? : I was expecting a better effort, also, Dez.  Or maybe at least better games?  Talk about boring!  At least it's over and we can stop wondering when it's going to end.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

No misery here. Just some disappointment in the effort and the result. I'm way past the point where a sports team would send me into a miserable funk/depression. Too many other things that matter much more in life.

By the way, there is a Bruins' pattern of winning the cup 2 out of 3 years (1939, 1941 - 1970, 1972 - 2011, 2013?) so next year they should win it to keep the pattern. (Yes, Parise will be riding LW on the 1st line) ;)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i watched the game with some friends at my house. the b's were dominating OT, and i was feeling good about their chances. then BAM! game over. it was quiet for about 5 seconds, and my buddy said "sorry man". i took a second, shook my head, and changed the station immediately to watch the UFC. and cracked another beer. but come thursday, i didn't watch a second of hockey, i watched apocolypse now. tonight i'll probably tune in, ands that's saying something. when the bruins blew the 3-0, 3-0 against the flyers, i quit hockey for the season. what a difference a cup makes. i'm not comparing the losses, totally different. but had the bruins not won a cup 10 months ago, this loss would have been a whole lot more difficult. FIVE MONTHS UNTIL THE RIDE STARTS AGAIN!!!! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

What do you guys think, will Boston go for Parise or is it a pipe dream? I would love to see him wear the "B", but will the brass go for him, does he want to leave, what kind of money is he going to request, what do we have to offer him after re-signing the one's we want? So many questions..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No misery just can't believe the Bruins couldn't put Washington away as they had plenty of chances but that has been Boston's MO since 09' letting teams they are better than hang around too long.

Up until the last two games when Seguin woke up the 3rd line was the most consistent line through the series that is not good. Give Siedenberg a raise already what a performance! I put absolutely no blame on Thomas whatsoever, none.

The immediate future is bright with an influx of youth this September so Ilook forward to it. Very curious to see what Chiarelli does to get his 12' 2nd rounder back.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

There are actually a couple good "perspective" threads here right now.  I do agree with NAS and others that the most frustrating part, aside from losing, was just how un-fun the playoff games were to watch this year.  They were boring, plain and simple.  I watched a few on delay and couldn't even refrain from a few fast-forwards. 

The Caps 1-4 trap made for boring hockey and the Bruins utter inability to adjust to said trap made things frustrating.  I've seen some good playoff hockey in other series, so I hope I can still enjoy the playoffs this year.

I'm okay with it all too.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

They won the Cup last year. I'm sated for a while.
    Posted by red75

I'm w/ this. I wish I saw more effort but oh well. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

Posted by Not-A-Shot

The BRUINS rose from the ashes after the flyers debacle and won the it all the next year. I'm sure this defeat will remind the whole organization from the front office to the players, that everyone could be better. Like the man says, "Stay thirsty my friends."  (p.s. I promise I won't post again, until the next time I do.)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Has the misery passed yet? :  The BRUINS rose from the ashes after the flyers debacle and won the it all the next year. I'm sure this defeat will remind the whole organization from the front office to the players, that everyone could be better. Like the man says, "Stay thirsty my friends."  (p.s. I promise I won't post again, until the next time I do.)
    Posted by watchtower

That's all any of us can ask for. Cheers to a good summer WatchT!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

It looked to me that this team didn't gel as well as last years model. Last year it seemed you could move around the personal and achieve an effective result. Not so this year. We were goal challenged all year and it continued into the playoffs. We play good enough D to win. Our goal tending is good enough to win. We just need some more scoring. It will come. The spot light will now fall on PC. It will be his time to make the necessary changes that will get us the Cup win in 2013....I can hardly wait.

Sections
Shortcuts