Has the misery passed yet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Re: Has the misery passed yet?

As we all know, there is a reason there hasn't been a repeat champion in almost 15 years. The series against the Caps was an eye-opener to some real weaknesses the B's have as a team that were sugarcoated up until now due to them being the champs (PP, lack of a sniper, questionable depth to fill in for injuries...etc).

That said, this team is young and the possibilities are endless for next year. Excited already.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Still stings for me. I never bought into "this will be an easy series" and expected it would be a tough one. However, I figured the Bruins would be the eventual winners given their experience levels and depth of scoring throughout their lineup, i.e. 6 20+ goal scorers, as well as Thomas and the D. Losing in OT is always the worst scenario for me.

As some others have said; it shows how tough it is to repeat your past years playoff performance......even if you have relatively the same guys on the ice. And I also agree, that Horton was a huge loss, and probably affected the dynamic here more then we expected.

Look forward to see what changes get made in the offseason. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Of course I was upset after the game, but now I kind of get my summer for an extra month an a half. Its a break from Hockey, which Im looking forward to, but still wanted the B's to win. I will be going to Punt a Cana with my wife in 2 weeks. So if the B's were still in it, Id be looking for a tv somewhere trying to catch the games, WHILE Im on vacation. Wife would be irritated, but B's hockey is in my blood. So fortunately for me, I can actually enjoy myself and relax. I dont know about the rest of you, but I can relax during the playoffs, even though I watch them laying on the couch.

And about the games this year, now that everyone has brought it up, they were a little boring. I think more so, of the sloppy play and not very many good or great scoring chances by either team. Especially the Bruins.

Can you believe I had to separate PC above, because the P word is bad.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

In Response to Re: Has the misery passed yet?:
    They won the Cup last year. I'm sated for a while.
    Posted by red75

I'm with Red. We had a giant steak dinner last year, and while a nice slice of chocolate cake for dessert wouldve been nice, it doesnt bother me that my fatasz brother ate the last piece as much as it wouldve if I was still starving.
    Still, with the young talent we have, I think I will be eating again sooner rather than later.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from saultont. Show saultont's posts

With the Bruins done hockey has become a non factor....left disappointed like all Boston fans as i had really believed the Bruins would at least advance to the next round...they just seemed like they couldn't put it together...the PP issue certainly has to be addressed and think that starts with replacing Ward. Hopefully Horton comes back healthy as this alone will be a step forward. Have a good summer guys!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No, it hasn't even really set in yet.  Mostly because of how little I was able to see this year - I think I missed at least half of the total minutes played and all of game 7.  I guess I didn't miss much given the tepid series, but as of Sunday I'd have clear sailing for the rest of the playoffs.  I'm mad that I missed what little of the playoffs they played.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In Response to Re: Has the misery passed yet?:
    In Response to Re: Has the misery passed yet? : Pretty much sums it up for me.  Well said.  I wasn't expecting a repeat, but I didn't see enough fight in them this series, esp Game 7.  It had shades of that ho-hum effort against the Canes back in 2009.   I dunno how I'll feel though if the NYR dispatch the Caps in 5.  I have this feeling it will be a cakewalk for the Blueshirts past Ovie's Bunch.
    Posted by ipot

The Rangers might win but they had a tough time scoring goals against Ottawa and against Hunter's boring system they might have to win every game 1-0.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

Still pretty bummed.  I really wanted to watch my Bruins for another couple weeks minimum.  I'm especially disappointed they didn't bring their best.  I don't think the Horton issue even moves the needle.  Having said all that, it's just entertainment.
    One final thing.  I remember thinking last fall that the schedule was gonna kill the B's.  Early in the year, when they should have been immersed(to get their heads outta their backsides)in games, they were playing twice a week.  After the all-star break, the boys were playing every other day...a lot of back to back games...it had to be a factor.
    Anyway, they'll be a lion next year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

I have every confidence PC keeps the Bruins highly competitive for the foreseeable future.  Much like Ken Holland has done with the Wings.  He's already got one Cup under his belt and I expect he'll guide the team in the hunt for more.

11. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts