Hate To Do This/Good Story, Though

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Hate To Do This/Good Story, Though

But, I have to give a tip of the cap to the Jacobs family.  Ugh. It hurts just to type that. heh

I was watching the world news last night and they had a piece on the post game food distribution program the Bruins have organized to donate food to the people who need it.

I never understood why this wasn't done before, but apparently, what the Jacobs do with this program is fairly new. I always assumed restaurants and grocery stores in some communities did this as well, but maybe not.

Even MLB doesn't do this, which is a disgrace considering how many games they play during a season and their revenue.  The report did say MLB was considering it. 

Anyway, it's a good story and hopefully other leagues or just other institutions contribute in a similar fashion.

This country overproduces food to make money, yet we still see people going hungry, which should never happen in this country.

Anway, tip of the cap the Jacobs Family for taking the lead and doing what is right.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

Re: Hate To Do This/Good Story, Though

In Response to Hate To Do This/Good Story, Though:
    But, I have to give a tip of the cap to the Jacobs family.  Ugh. It hurts just to type that. heh I was watching the world news last night and they had a piece on the post game food distribution program the Bruins have organized to donate food to the people who need it. I never understood why this wasn't done before, but apparently, what the Jacobs do with this program is fairly new. I always assumed restaurants and grocery stores in some communities did this as well, but maybe not. Even MLB doesn't do this, which is a disgrace considering how many games they play during a season and their revenue.  The report did say MLB was considering it.  Anyway, it's a good story and hopefully other leagues or just other institutions contribute in a similar fashion. This country overproduces food to make money, yet we still see people going hungry, which should never happen in this country. Anway, tip of the cap the Jacobs Family for taking the lead and doing what is right.
    Posted by BBReigns

Nice job BBR.Now that's being objective.Glad to see the Jacobs clan step up for the less fortunate.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

In Response to Hate To Do This/Good Story, Though:
    But, I have to give a tip of the cap to the Jacobs family.  Ugh. It hurts just to type that. heh I was watching the world news last night and they had a piece on the post game food distribution program the Bruins have organized to donate food to the people who need it. I never understood why this wasn't done before, but apparently, what the Jacobs do with this program is fairly new. I always assumed restaurants and grocery stores in some communities did this as well, but maybe not. Even MLB doesn't do this, which is a disgrace considering how many games they play during a season and their revenue.  The report did say MLB was considering it.  Anyway, it's a good story and hopefully other leagues or just other institutions contribute in a similar fashion. This country overproduces food to make money, yet we still see people going hungry, which should never happen in this country. Anway, tip of the cap the Jacobs Family for taking the lead and doing what is right.
    Posted by BBReigns

What Channel was this on?  I can't seem to locate it anywhere in my searches.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nrguy. Show nrguy's posts

So wait, you're telling me that Jacobs isn't the devil? Whew, from the way people talk about him I thought it was the apocalypse and he was beelzibub.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

Not impressed how about they donate a dollar for every beer they sell? You know the 8 dollar premium watered down beer they sell in a cup not much bigger than a dixi cup?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In Response to Re: Hate To Do This/Good Story, Though:
    Not impressed how about they donate a dollar for every beer they sell? You know the 8 dollar premium watered down beer they sell in a cup not much bigger than a dixi cup?
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Everyone could do more I think.At least the Jacobs are starting somewhere.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Posted by LUCICmilan17

$1 out of $8; or 12.5%.  When was the lsast time you donated 12.5% of your gross revenue to charity?  Untill you do...then STF Up

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LUCICmilan17. Show LUCICmilan17's posts

In Response to Re: Hate To Do This/Good Story, Though : $1 out of $8; or 12.5%.  When was the lsast time you donated 12.5% of your gross revenue to charity?  Untill you do...then STF Up
    Posted by dbg1

Sorry Jeremy or is this the son Charlie?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

In Response to Re: Hate To Do This/Good Story, Though : Sorry Jeremy or is this the son Charlie?
    Posted by LUCICmilan17

Is that your comeback?...what are you like 12

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Anytime the Corps do something for the needy it's a good thing and even better that it's a Bruin fan.    (geez,,,at least i think they are)  :)))

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

It was very tough to type that, but you have to give them credit for doing the obvious, right thing.

Every single pro sports organization in every city should do this.  There is no excuse.  It wouldn't cost that much more for the labor to load up a van and deliver around town after a game.

Also, this was on NCB Nightly News with Brian Williams on Monday night.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

It was very tough to type that, but you have to give them credit for doing the obvious, right thing. Every single pro sports organization in every city should do this.  There is no excuse.  It wouldn't cost that much more for the labor to load up a van and deliver around town after a game. Also, this was on NCB Nightly News with Brian Williams on Monday night.
    Posted by BBReigns

Sections
Shortcuts