hate to say this tyler seguin is a bust

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from barneybux. Show barneybux's posts

hate to say this tyler seguin is a bust

i know hes only 19 but this kid is lost out there does anybody see this

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

Re: hate to say this tyler seguin is a bust

only thing i see is a TROLL.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

He was the next Bobby Orr when they drafted him

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

In Response to Re: hate to say this tyler seguin is a bust:
    [QUOTE]only thing i see is a TROLL.
    Posted by bostondynNASTY[/QUOTE]

Kid does seem pretty lost. I'm no troll, I'm a huge fan, and I don't doubt he can get better, but so far he seems lost and afraid.

Virtually every time he gets the puck he makes a quick shovel pass to the closest teammate, takes a long-range wrister, or throws the puck into open space. Regardless of if it's the right play at the time, if this is all you do, you aren't going to be an impact player.

I need to see more.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from barneybux. Show barneybux's posts

[QUOTE]only thing i see is a TROLL.
    you tell me what you think of him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Tyler was always in a good position last night ...waiting for a feed ...but when you play 35secs shift on the fourth line ....and until the middle of the 2nd period the best line on the ice was the 4th line ...give him a real chance on the 2nd line instead of Recchi (who did nothing last night) ...and you'll see instant results..look at his goals ..most of them were great shots and skilled plays...

Stanley cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hate to say this tyler seguin is a bust : Kid does seem pretty lost. I'm no troll, I'm a huge fan, and I don't doubt he can get better, but so far he seems lost and afraid. Virtually every time he gets the puck he makes a quick shovel pass to the closest teammate, takes a long-range wrister, or throws the puck into open space. Regardless of if it's the right play at the time, if this is all you do, you aren't going to be an impact player. I need to see more.
    Posted by dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

He was pretty bad last night - but then again, so was the team outside of the first 9 minutes and the 3rd period after the result was determined. 

Ryder was awful too - second goal was his fault.  Put Seguin with Kelly and Peverle on Thursday, Ryder with Paille and Campbell on the 4th line - speed needed more than Thornton v. Buffalo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think if we see more of him, we will see more out of him. The hard part is he is on a team in a race and to give him more ice time you'd be taking it away from proven players.
    I said it before and I'll say it again, the second of of next season wil be his coming out party.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

I think he is a 19 year old kid in a very tough situation being on a TOP team battling for a playoff spot.  In most cases a kid with his level of play as a #2 pick would be going to a rebuilding team where he would see the playing time to acclimate his play to the NHL.  This kid is coming from JUNIORS.  Not college and not the AHL.  Right now Boston is not in a position where they can give him 17 minutes of playing time per night. Hes playing on the 4th line with a VERY slow Shawn Thornton.  This is the checking/energy line.  He is not with other skill players. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

In Response to hate to say this tyler seguin is a bust:
    [QUOTE]i know hes only 19 but this kid is lost out there does anybody see this
    Posted by barneybux[/QUOTE]

I see Seguin constantly wide open in front of the net and Thorton trying rap around,Cambell shooting puck from impossable angles

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Who cares if he's 19? He was the 2nd overall pick and a virtual toss-up for first overall. He should be better than what he is.

He seems more like the guy who played in the season before his draft year than he does the one who played when he knew the scouts would be scrutinizing.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

No trolling here either, but I've been extremely unimpressed with Seguin this year.  To say he's a bust is overreacting (I remember the calls of jumbo Joe being a bust some 14 years ago).  He's going to get better (hopefully a lot better), but he's doesn't seem like he's able to consistently do simple things such as stickhandle or receive a pass.  I can't tell if he's thinking too much (i.e. - thinking about making a move before he fully controls a pass), or if he actually doesn't have the goods (unlikely).  Doesn't help that he has played with grinders and underachievers for most of the year, but the kid looks like he has 0 confidence in his abilities.  The system also doesn't help, since Seguin is playing a Bottom 6 role, which means defensive responsibility is first and foremost.  Seems like he is so concerned with being in an alright defensive position that any offensive creativity is just an afterthought.  Someone needs to work with this kid for sure...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

[QUOTE]Who cares if he's 19? He was the 2nd overall pick and a virtual toss-up for first overall. He should be better than what he is. He seems more like the guy who played in the season before his draft year than he does the one who played when he knew the scouts would be scrutinizing.

Usually you show more knowledge then this in your posts.  Lets flip the script here and say he was in Toronto on a team rebuilding where he would be playing on the top 2 lines.  Getting more ice time and more time to prove himself.  That would be the ideal position for the kid.  Just like Hall in Edmonton.  He came into a team where there is no room for him on the top 2 lines.  and after the trades theres no room on the 3rd line for him to develop.  instead hes out there with the slugs, barely seeing any ice time

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from barneybux. Show barneybux's posts

[QUOTE]Who cares if he's 19? He was the 2nd overall pick and a virtual toss-up for first overall. He should be better than what he is. He seems more like the guy who played in the season before his draft year than he does the one who played when he knew the scouts would be scrutinizing.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hate to say this tyler seguin is a bust : Usually you show more knowledge then this in your posts.  Lets flip the script here and say he was in Toronto on a team rebuilding where he would be playing on the top 2 lines.  Getting more ice time and more time to prove himself.  That would be the ideal position for the kid.  Just like Hall in Edmonton.  He came into a team where there is no room for him on the top 2 lines.  and after the trades theres no room on the 3rd line for him to develop.  instead hes out there with the slugs, barely seeing any ice time

I am not commenting on his impact, I am commenting on what he does on the ice. If he makes plays and Thornton isn't finishing, that's one thing, if he's making shovel passes to the corner or taking wrist shots from 2 feet in the zone, that's another.

He needs to be much, much better. Not once this year has he been our best player. Not once this year has he really controlled a shift. Not once this year, except maybe his first goal against Phoenix, has he wowed anyone. These are problems.

I know I am being harsh on a 19-year-old, but come on, he needs to be much better.

Does anyone else here believe that if he didn't sell jerseys and/or was eligible for the AHL, he would be here?

EDIT: If he was in Toronto, maybe the silly mistakes would be disregarded as just a member of a garbage team, but they're still not good plays. He makes too many bad plays in relation to good ones and that is problematic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

dynasty...i'll stay out of this one, you seem to have it covered. carry on my friend

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFanInPenTerritory. Show BruinsFanInPenTerritory's posts

Why do you regular posters even give credence to someone with such an inane idea? You should know enough not to respond.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hate to say this tyler seguin is a bust : I am not commenting on his impact, I am commenting on what he does on the ice. If he makes plays and Thornton isn't finishing, that's one thing, if he's making shovel passes to the corner or taking wrist shots from 2 feet in the zone, that's another. He needs to be much, much better. Not once this year has he been our best player. Not once this year has he really controlled a shift. Not once this year, except maybe his first goal against Phoenix, has he wowed anyone. These are problems. I know I am being harsh on a 19-year-old, but come on, he needs to be much better. Does anyone else here believe that if he didn't sell jerseys and/or was eligible for the AHL, he would be here?

You just partially added to my point.  In almost everyother case of #2 draft picks they are on scrub teams who can afford to have the kids out there learning on the fly.  He is forced to be in this situation because he cant go down.  In normal situations a Bruins 1st round pick would be adapting to the new style of play down in the AHL.  Look at Hamill, Caron Knight ETC.  I cant give up on the kid until i see a heavy dose of him. 

I was wowed a few times by him most notably at the Garden in his first game vs. Toronto where he scored a very nice goal.  This in turn striked a chant of THANK YOU KESSEL.  Ring a bell?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Did you see Joe Thornton's rookie year?  Or even his second year?

Seguin looks like a rookie.   You can see flashes of why he's going to be good or great, but he's raw.

Not everyone is going to see what Jeff Skinner is doing in Carolina, right out of the gate.

It just doesn't happen that frequently.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsGM24. Show BruinsGM24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hate to say this tyler seguin is a bust : I am not commenting on his impact, I am commenting on what he does on the ice. If he makes plays and Thornton isn't finishing, that's one thing, if he's making shovel passes to the corner or taking wrist shots from 2 feet in the zone, that's another. He needs to be much, much better. Not once this year has he been our best player. Not once this year has he really controlled a shift. Not once this year, except maybe his first goal against Phoenix, has he wowed anyone. These are problems. I know I am being harsh on a 19-year-old, but come on, he needs to be much better. Does anyone else here believe that if he didn't sell jerseys and/or was eligible for the AHL, he would be here? EDIT: If he was in Toronto, maybe the silly mistakes would be disregarded as just a member of a garbage team, but they're still not good plays. He makes too many bad plays in relation to good ones and that is problematic.

Totally agree with this post.  Sure he's playing on a contending team.  Sure he's playing with relatively unskilled players. But he hasn't grabbed any game by the horns and taken control.  I don't think it's too unreasonable to expect this kid to have a couple of moments where he dekes a Dman out of his skates then makes a sweet move on the goalie.  The problem is not that he cannot do those things.  The problem is that he does not think he can do those things...I hope.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Not saying he's a bust like the title on this thread suggests, but I am saying he isn't ready for the big-show. Our Jack Adams winning coach doesn't think he even belongs on the PP, which I disagree with, but, hey, the kid hasn't been that impressive, so who am I to argue?

The thankyou Kessel chants were in response to Seguin scoring one goal in that game and Kessel being in Boston. It was funny and rubbing salt in the wounds of Kessel/Burke/Leaf fans. It had little to do with Seguin being a wow-factor.

Last number 2 to go to a contender? JVR. He wasn't in the NHL in the year after his draft year and it's very clear that Seguin shouldn't be either. Not that Paille would do any better, and Seguin probably has a greater chance of scoring in any given game, but being better than Paille doesn't qualify you for an NHL gig.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostondynNASTY. Show bostondynNASTY's posts

[QUOTE]Last number 2 to go to a contender? JVR. He wasn't in the NHL in the year after his draft year and it's very clear that Seguin shouldn't be either. Not that Paille would do any better, and Seguin probably has a greater chance of scoring in any given game, but being better than Paille doesn't qualify you for an NHL gig.

EXACTLY.  We are calling Seguin a BUST for being unproductive when we have agreed he should be in the AHL developing.  So how is it his fault that he is in this position?  Should he have contact PC and asked him not to draft him?  The bust claims are extremely unintelligent

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

IYou are an idiot!!!!!  Go watch some baseball    n Response to hate to say this tyler seguin is a bust:
    [QUOTE]i know hes only 19 but this kid is lost out there does anybody see this
    Posted by barneybux[/QUOTE]

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts