Hat's Off to Bruin Management

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Hat's Off to Bruin Management

How many other NHL teams can call up 2 farm d - men and a rookie d- man and they play effectively ?

Hat's off to PC and his team !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Re: Hat's Off to Bruin Management

not supposed to comment but that is too much  (sorry 4everb) 

I've always said that Krug would be a great addition to or PP

Krug moves the puck like no ther D's on this team ..

Dont be surprised if he gets the game winner in OT

Sorry guys I lot a bet with 4everb and cant be on this board for the ramaining playoffs but Krug was too much for me not to comment .. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Yeah you have to wonder if there were some other players who could be playing for them instead of Peverly and Kelly.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's comment:

not supposed to comment but that is too much  (sorry 4everb) 

I've always said that Krug would be a great addition to or PP

Krug moves the puck like no ther D's on this team ..

Dont be surprised if he gets the game winner in OT

Sorry guys I lot a bet with 4everb and cant be on this board for the ramaining playoffs but Krug was too much for me not to comment .. 

No one will mind if you comment as long as you THINK before you post.

No predictions.  No trade talk.  Intead PROVE what you know about hockey by intelligent obeservations about the team that IS ON THE ICE, not the team you would like to fantasy trade for.

Show us what you got Stanley.

Not by the BIG statement, but by the small statements.  Those little things that differentiate between the good and the not so good and the great.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Good point.  Heck of a job by Krug. Very impressed. Deliberate with the puck and not confused. He can really skate. I've never seen him play, so that was quite a trial by fire. Also, Bartkowski and Hamilton were solid.

Also, tip of the cap to Chara, Boychuk and McQuaid to guide them through it all.

Overall, nice win.  It seemed like each team was incredibly conservative for the first 2 periods without much hitting or aggressiveness, but I think that changes now in this series.

NY can't sit back like that and expect to win this series. Boston has a deeper roster overall.

Jagr is patently useless, though. The guy looks like he's on deaths door and just absolutely the slowest thing I've seen on Boston ice since Sean O'Donnell or Peter Popovic.  Does he ever make a pass or shoot the puck even just for effect?  Just awful.

Apparently the coaching staff think over wise. Do you think you know why they do ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Loved Krug's, Bartkowski's and Hamilton's game today, especially the first two. How does Julien justify playing Ference and Redden when they get healthy if those boys keep playing like that. Come on CJ, let the kids out!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

Glad someone started a thread on this. Good job to the young defensive core. Keeping it simple is a must for these guys and they did that. Hamilton had his moments in his first game in the Toronto series, that made me happy Ference came back. But Hamilton has definitely stepped his game up after that first game. Glad to see. Krug and Bartkowski move well and played smart. We're gonna need them to continue that for us. Im sure the coaching staff will preach the same thing.

I think the goals NY scored were lucky and not by the fault of the B's play. The B's deserved that win.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattbs. Show mattbs's posts

Those three kids were flying tonight.  Very impressed with Krug throwing 6'8 Boyle in the net in the first.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

Good point.  Heck of a job by Krug. Very impressed. Deliberate with the puck and not confused. He can really skate. I've never seen him play, so that was quite a trial by fire. Also, Bartkowski and Hamilton were solid.

Also, tip of the cap to Chara, Boychuk and McQuaid to guide them through it all.

Overall, nice win.  It seemed like each team was incredibly conservative for the first 2 periods without much hitting or aggressiveness, but I think that changes now in this series.

NY can't sit back like that and expect to win this series. Boston has a deeper roster overall.

Jagr is patently useless, though. The guy looks like he's on deaths door and just absolutely the slowest thing I've seen on Boston ice since Sean O'Donnell or Peter Popovic.  Does he ever make a pass or shoot the puck even just for effect?  Just awful.

Apparently the coaching staff think over wise. Do you think you know why they do ?

What?  They traded for Jagr. I don't know many coaches that show up the GM and bench the trade acquisition.

He's sucked.  It's ok to admit it.

No. The Bruins who actually get paid to win the cup, think Jagr is deserved of his postion on this team. You don't agree...Fine. Great. But admit the fact that he's playing and all your other choices of who should,  aren't. Any other point ?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Your opinion on Jagr was well voiced over on the thread called "Jagr".  This one is about the rookie defensemen.  Pay attention.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

The way Bartkowski and Krug played got me thinking I loved the speed and puck carrying they brought to the Bruins defense. 

Only one game, but their play brought a different looking team from the back end ( more offensive ). 

Bartkowski with his skating ( he can fly ), pinching along the boards and puck carrying were the most impressive to me. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

In response to Al-Samarraie's comment:

Loved Krug's, Bartkowski's and Hamilton's game today, especially the first two. How does Julien justify playing Ference and Redden when they get healthy if those boys keep playing like that. Come on CJ, let the kids out!

I'm with you on this one Al. It was the first time our D has some serious wheels to ge out of their zone. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

Not getting carried away (although some positive over the top comments are better than negative ones) but is Krug molded a bit like Letang in his game? I'm certainly not saying he is or will be as good as Letang, but are there big parts of their game that is similar? You guys out there that are more knowledgeable than I am, are you seeing the same? It's just an observation based on what i've seen from both of them, not heralding the arrival of a ppg defenseman (that we've been yearning for the last x years)..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Al-Samarraie. Show Al-Samarraie's posts

In response to Cashman72's comment:

In response to Al-Samarraie's comment:

I'm with you on this one Al. It was the first time our D has some serious wheels to ge out of their zone. 

Don't we just look sharper coming out of our own zone?Thought they did a good job jumping in the attacking zone when needed as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

When things aren't going well for the Bruins, it's almost always because their passing game is in the toilet.  The whole "system" or philosophy or whatever it is ("puck management"?) requires a certain amount of precision in the passing game - lot's of 80' east-west passes that need to be on the tape or the recipient is standing still, and a lot of 8' passes where a foot here or a foot there is the difference between the recipient moving the puck on quickly on a shot, another pass, or carrying it out of the corner.  You really notice it in the offensive zone - a good pass and there's Krug, with time, space, and the puck right where he needs it to beat the reigning Vezina winner.  A slighly less accurate pass, and a Ranger might have had time to get there and block that shot.  That's what I really see from Hamilton as much as anything else - such a pinpoint passer in the offensive zone.  He made that pass, and it led to a goal, at least 3-4 times during the season.

Legion was giving me grief because I was marvelling that Bartkowski led the Bruins in minutes after the first.  Who'd ever have thought Julien would have a rookie eating more minutes than Chara?!?!  But I think Chowdah hit the nail on the head - he likes Bartkowski's skating game.  Funny how some guys, some d-men, who can really get from point A to point B need time let the idea that less is more in their own zone sink in.  Don't chase, don't scream around the ice - get to a spot, occupy a lane, be hard on anyone in your zone.  Even though McDonagh eventually scored, you saw both the good and the bad of Bartkowski's maturation in the way he played Nash and forced him around the net.  The decision to cut back across the shooting lane and bump Boychuk?  Not as impressive.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what these guys can do over a longer haul.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

The way Bartkowski and Krug played got me thinking I loved the speed and puck carrying they brought to the Bruins defense. 

Only one game, but their play brought a different looking team from the back end ( more offensive ). 

Bartkowski with his skating ( he can fly ), pinching along the boards and puck carrying were the most impressive to me. 

I too am impressed with Barts speed. He had some moments where his speed came out of nowhere and he was on the play so fast. Again, kudos to the 3 young defensive players. Just keep it going.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to Stuke50's comment:

How many other NHL teams can call up 2 farm d - men and a rookie d- man and they play effectively ?

Hat's off to PC and his team !

I agree with this quote 99.9 %.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to Chowdahkid-'s comment:

Chowda, to me, that's what stood out to most about Bartkowski. Every time he pinched last night, he had me nervous but he did not get caught. Not once. Great puck mover too. 

Krug was really solid all around last night as well. The kid sorta reminded me a little bit of Letang. He looks very skilled. Anxious to see more.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

In response to kitchener's comment:

Yeah you have to wonder if there were some other players who could be playing for them instead of Peverly and Kelly.

It seems each line is having their moments to shine lets hope this can do same with Seguin's help. The speed was there in gm 1 agst. NY and I have a good feeling this line will be back in form this series.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Just have to accept that the only way Krug and Bartkowski got into the lineup is becuase of injuries. This is just the way it is with Julien, I hope they stay in the lineup once Ference and Redden get healthy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dave24. Show Dave24's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

Just have to accept that the only way Krug and Bartkowski got into the lineup is becuase of injuries. This is just the way it is with Julien, I hope they stay in the lineup once Ference and Redden get healthy.

Definitely agree. Seidenberg is definitely back in whenever he is ready, but I'd be in no rush to sit the kids for Ference or Redden. Granted it's just one game for Krug now and a couple for Bartkowski, but I'd keep them in until they give you a reason not to. As the D heals, could the numbers game lead to McQuaid sitting?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

I don't think McQuaid sits.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think Redden has done a more than acceptable job.  Ference, on the other hand, couldn't be playing worse going into UFA status.