Hat's Off to Bruin Management

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lambda13. Show lambda13's posts

Re: Hat's Off to Bruin Management

I hate to say it because I like Ference but it looks like he may be getting pushed off the roster. I loved the way our back-end looked last night. Quick crisp puck moving, reminded a little of how the Bruins used to break-out with Bourque and Sweeney back there.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Even Tuuka was amazed at the speed of these young defensemen. Hamilton's passing, Bartkowski's overall positional and offensive moves; and krug's suprising speed and puck control. much better than what we've seen from Claude's "experienced" D-men. They will probably make some mistakes, but, overall, they produce better teamwork and results. Claude has stayed with young players who produce and he dearly needs their speed after watching New york blow by Chara .

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

Even Tuuka was amazed at the speed of these young defensemen. Hamilton's passing, Bartkowski's overall positional and offensive moves; and krug's suprising speed and puck control. much better than what we've seen from Claude's "experienced" D-men. They will probably make some mistakes, but, overall, they produce better teamwork and results. Claude has stayed with young players who produce and he dearly needs their speed after watching New york blow by Chara .

Which game were you watching?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cashman72. Show Cashman72's posts

In response to Al-Samarraie's comment:

In response to Cashman72's comment:

In response to Al-Samarraie's comment:

Loved Krug's, Bartkowski's and Hamilton's game today, especially the first two. How does Julien justify playing Ference and Redden when they get healthy if those boys keep playing like that. Come on CJ, let the kids out!

I'm with you on this one Al. It was the first time our D has some serious wheels to ge out of their zone. 

Don't we just look sharper coming out of our own zone?Thought they did a good job jumping in the attacking zone when needed as well.

Absolutely! none of that turning back behind the net stuff. Just out of the zone and and into the rangers end of the ice. looking forward to see how they fare next game after the Rangers make some adjustments

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from schlich. Show schlich's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

I think Redden has done a more than acceptable job.  Ference, on the other hand, couldn't be playing worse going into UFA status.

But I don't think CJ sits Ference if he's healthy.  He might sit Redden though.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

I think Redden has done a more than acceptable job.  Ference, on the other hand, couldn't be playing worse going into UFA status.

Agreed whoe-heartedly.  I think Redden has done pretty well! Ference has been bad most of the season.  I get a lot of Bruins fans have a soft spot for him.  But if it was my choice between he and Redden based on playoff performance, I go with Redden.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

Redden's got 1 more point than Richards and one less than Nash in three fewer games played - I'd say that's certainly acceptable for a depth D Glen Sather castoff.

And it was tonnes of fun last night watching the 3 rookies come into their own. The future looks bright for the Bruins D depth wise.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

If NY picks up the tempo and forechecks harder, that could be a big problem for the young inexperience B's Defenders. Again, I think our D did a great job, but its gonna get harder, because I just dont seeing another lack luster game like that from NY.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to bgrif008's comment:

If NY picks up the tempo and forechecks harder, that could be a big problem for the young inexperience B's Defenders. Again, I think our D did a great job, but its gonna get harder, because I just dont seeing another lack luster game like that from NY.

Bassfishing 2.0 right there. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from stinkman. Show stinkman's posts

The Redden pick up has been a dandy considering what they gave up, he has played better then I ever thought. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

I thought Ference had a horrible start but found some consistency later on... maybe any recent struggles can be explained by playing injured?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

After a day of evaluation, the "kids" still looked good, and moved the puck out of the bruins zone quickly. Sure the Rangers will adapt, or just wake up, but Hamilton and Bartkowski have shown capabilities that add value. Krug is more suprising than expected. Certainly better than the slower process of passing back and forth in the Bruins zone, and slowing the entire offensive effort. Redden could fit in OK, but Ference has really struggled and could have been playing hurt far longer. Seids is tough to keep from the lineup, but if he is not fully recovered there's no need to rush him back

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

What?  They traded for Jagr. I don't know many coaches that show up the GM and bench the trade acquisition.

He's sucked.  It's ok to admit it.

Claude Julien.  He did it with Redden.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

After a day of evaluation, the "kids" still looked good, and moved the puck out of the bruins zone quickly. Sure the Rangers will adapt, or just wake up, but Hamilton and Bartkowski have shown capabilities that add value. Krug is more suprising than expected. Certainly better than the slower process of passing back and forth in the Bruins zone, and slowing the entire offensive effort. Redden could fit in OK, but Ference has really struggled and could have been playing hurt far longer. Seids is tough to keep from the lineup, but if he is not fully recovered there's no need to rush him back

He's the one that really surprised me.  I wasn't impressed with him at all in the few games I had seen him play.  Bartkowski and Hamilton, on the other hand, I've come to expect it from them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

Or is it that the fast young D didn't allow the Ranger's forecheck to get established. I'm not sure

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to OrrandPapiRGods's comment:

Or is it that the fast young D didn't allow the Ranger's forecheck to get established. I'm not sure

There you go. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

My interpretation of your comment is the Rangers had more to do with their "lacklustre" game than the Bruins did. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

My interpretation of your comment is the Rangers had more to do with their "lacklustre" game than the Bruins did. 

That is common practice for this poster.  God forbid the B's played well enough to win.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

That is common practice for this poster.  God forbid the B's played well enough to win.

Which they did but some seem reluctant to give credit where credit is due.