Have to be very excited and happy today if your a REAL bruins fan

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Re: Have to be very excited and happy today if your a REAL bruins fan

I think these trades will make the B's strong down the stretch. Kabarle should add that deminsion on D we have been looking for. Now we'll see how the new guys fit it........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: Have to be very excited and happy today if your a REAL bruins fan:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have to be very excited and happy today if your a REAL bruins fan : The road to the cup always goes through the "A" teams.That's just part of the equation.You readily admit that Boston is better today than yesterday so,essentially,they've upgraded a 1st place team.          Regarding Kelly replacing Savard-I don't think he's expected to and let's not forget,the Savard he's replacing wasn't exactly burning it up.Throw Peverly into the mix and it creates some real depth at forward.If Seguin can keep playing like he did last night that would be better than making a trade.The player he was for most of last night created a scoring opportunity almost every shift.So if Boston can roll 3 lines with scoring threats on all,along with a SOLID 4th line,they'll be able to stack up with anybody.The already top of the league D got better and deeper........the best goaltending in the NHL.........they've beaten all the best teams that the East has to offer.........what else can they do to win your love?
    Posted by dezaruchi[/QUOTE]

I think you know the answer to that: (In Jeopardy form: What is their first Stanley Cup since 1972, Alex?)

In all seriousness, Dez: I like these moves. PC is showing me something, and we both agree--they're a better team today than they were b4 the trade.

All our differences boil down to now is your natural optimism vs. my natural pessimism.

May your view be proven correct.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Have to be very excited and happy today if your a REAL bruins fan:
    [QUOTE]yah cause i've been a b;s fan since late 60s and this team keeps makin bonehead trades     kaberle is soft and since we can;t put the puck in the net not a cup contender     remember we lose 1st rounder a a great prospect    and i will come back and post when  we are gone in first 2nd rd....we will see
    Posted by bruinscam[/QUOTE]
    Shattup the team is top 10 in scoring... in the league.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

In Response to Have to be very excited and happy today if your a REAL bruins fan:
    [QUOTE]The club today is showing me that they are trying to win now and this season. Do do todays moves mean we are going to win a stanley cup? No but at least this GM today is showing some urgency and agression. I don't know why some seem so upset we are giving up coleborn. He is a good prospect at this stage thats all he is. Kaberle upgrades us a lot expecialy on the PP. I know stanley cupbruins doesn't like getting rid of wheeler but what has he done since the the first 2 months of his rookie season? If somehow we added Richards I would be shocked in a good way.
    Posted by LUCICmilan17[/QUOTE]
    so if you don't jump for joy you aren't a "real" Bruins fan? I thought this board could have differing opinions

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camperpete. Show Camperpete's posts

This ain't roller derby!

[QUOTE]Here's my beef.  Kaberle isn't physical... and hasn't played in a single NHL playoff game since 2004.  Peverly isn't physical... and he's played in a total of 6 NHL playoff games in his career.  This style of play will not beat the types of gritty, veteran teams you've been beaten by the last 2 years in the playoffs. 
    Posted by EddieX[/QUOTE]

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

RE: Chris Kelly replacing Marc Savard - Kelly's 23 pts. in 56 games with Ottawa is a slightly higher points/game than Savard's 10 in 25 in Boston.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]RE: Chris Kelly replacing Marc Savard - Kelly's 23 pts. in 56 games with Ottawa is a slightly higher points/game than Savard's 10 in 25 in Boston.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Yes, but I was and am basing the comparison on what I believed was a rehabbing and getting-hisA-game-back Savard before his season and likely career was ended.

I think you'd agree that a healthy and up-to-his-potential Savard is a better player to have on the ice than Chris Kelly.

(and you do realize I like all the moves PC has made here, right? I just don't know if it's enough to get past TB, Philly, or those d*mn Habs in a playoff series.)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

TTBI, Please explain to me again how Roloson .911 or Ellis .889 save % is going to be Thomas or even Rask in a seven game series ? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]TTBI, Please explain to me again how Roloson .911 or Ellis .889 save % is going to be Thomas or even Rask in a seven game series ? 
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Hey SanDog,

My answer is that neither Rolo nor Ellis can be TT or Rask in a 7-game series, but what worries me is that with TB's offense, they don't have to be. With the likes of Stamkos, Gagne, Lecalvier, and St. Louis (not to mention guys like Boyle who can score from the blue line), Rolo and Ellis merely have to be good, not great, for Tampa to win the series.

Now you could argue that in the playoffs, goal scoring is reduced b/c of tighter checking and more intensity and teams not wanting to make mistakes, and that's a legitimate argument, but I still feel Tampa is loaded with exceptional goal scoring talent and the B's offense won't be able to keep up, forcing TT and/or Rask to really stand on their heads. But who knows--maybe the moves PC has made will increase the B's attack.

But the short answer to your question is that b4 acquiring Rolo TB had a single glaring weakness that they've now addressed--and have at least upgraded their goaltending to "good" if not 'great', and their offense should be enough to compensate.

As always, I hope I'm wrong.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

TTBI - Boyle's been in SJ for a few years now, so he's not part of the equation.  The Bolts have Hedman and Clark, maybe M-A Bergeron if he starts to find his game.  I understand your argument, but surely you agree that a fancy offense doesn't wash in the playoffs if you can't back it up with good defense.

And look at that vaunted offense after St. Louis and Stamkos - is it really that scary?  You know who's third in scoring on that team?  Terrible Teddy Purcell with a Ryder-esque 36 points.  Lecavalier has been injured, sure, but he still only has 30 points in 43 games.  Gagne is at 19 for the season (41 games).  That team is riding two great performances and hoping Vinny and Gagne find their games for the playoffs, but I'm not convinced they will.

Lastly - the Bruins score 3.12 goals/game.  The Bolts?  2.95.  That one extra goal every 5 games.

(ps. Yeah, I agree that a healthy and productive Savard is better than Kelly, but I'm not sure we were ever going to see that guy, and the guy they lost from the lineup that had them 3rd in the east is the guy they looked to replace.)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

[QUOTE]TTBI - Boyle's been in SJ for a few years now, so he's not part of the equation.  The Bolts have Hedman and Clark, maybe M-A Bergeron if he starts to find his game.  I understand your argument, but surely you agree that a fancy offense doesn't wash in the playoffs if you can't back it up with good defense. And look at that vaunted offense after St. Louis and Stamkos - is it really that scary?  You know who's third in scoring on that team?  Terrible Teddy Purcell with a Ryder-esque 36 points.  Lecavalier has been injured, sure, but he still only has 30 points in 43 games.  Gagne is at 19 for the season (41 games).  That team is riding two great performances and hoping Vinny and Gagne find their games for the playoffs, but I'm not convinced they will. Lastly - the Bruins score 3.12 goals/game.  The Bolts?  2.95.  That one extra goal every 5 games. (ps. Yeah, I agree that a healthy and productive Savard is better than Kelly, but I'm not sure we were ever going to see that guy, and the guy they lost from the lineup that had them 3rd in the east is the guy they looked to replace.)
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Sorry about the brain freeze on Boyle. Knew he was a Shark, but somehow forgot in my runaway excitement (fear) of TB's offense.

Look, all of this comes down to me not wanting to get too excited for what always seems to be an epic letdown. I don't know how folks around here can so casually forget last year's 3-0 meltdown....it still gnaws at me, and is up there w/TMMenOnTheIce 1979.

These are real nice moves PC has made; I just am having trouble believing they're enough to get past some of the more--let's say "dynamic"--teams in the east and west.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have to be very excited and happy today if your a REAL bruins fan : Sorry about the brain freeze on Boyle. Knew he was a Shark, but somehow forgot in my runaway excitement (fear) of TB's offense. Look, all of this comes down to me not wanting to get too excited for what always seems to be an epic letdown. I don't know how folks around here can so casually forget last year's 3-0 meltdown....it still gnaws at me, and is up there w/TMMenOnTheIce 1979. These are real nice moves PC has made; I just am having trouble believing they're enough to get past some of the more--let's say "dynamic"--teams in the east and west.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

this team, if it stays healthy, is better than the team that lost 4 straight to the flyers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have to be very excited and happy today if your a REAL bruins fan : this team, if it stays healthy, is better than the team that lost 4 straight to the flyers.
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]
    Better by leaps and bounds.