Have Tuukka played his last game in a B's uniform?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinsforever. Show Bruinsforever's posts

Have Tuukka played his last game in a B's uniform?

Unless TT collapses (looks like it lately !!) it's a no brainer that he'll be in the net until year end and playoffs run.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Tuukka is a RFA ? (he's still young so I can't imagine him as a UFA).

So B's can match any offer, or get something (draft) in return if he walks away.

I still believe in Tuukka. Nothing wrong signing him and later on trade him if our Russian in Providence is that good in the net.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

Re: Have Tuukka played his last game in a B's uniform?

This makes PC's decision a little more difficult.  In a scenario where Tuukka made half the starts down the stretch and played well, it would have been easier to trade Thomas after July 1.  This clouds it slightly. 
    So to answer your question, I think it is less likely now that Tuukka has played his last game as a B. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Don't know if it's "have" or "has", but in any case, the answer is NO. Tuuka is the future, as Chiarelli has programmed his team. Don't know what impact this type of injury might have , on a goalie, but others have returned at full strength, and some [Ference} have had repeated problems. Khudobin is only a maybe, and Hutchinson, along with others, are still babes in the woods.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Neely has been on record as saying Tuuka is not going anywhere, heard it last week on his interview on 98.5. Proper rest and treatment and this injury will not be a problem going forward..Should TT repeat his performance of last years playoffs then that will cloud things (a welcome problem) other than that I see TT being moved after his NMC expires July 1st.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

I think the issue is not so much what Neely and PC and the Bruins think about the subject, but what Rask thinks.

I think the B's would like to continue to stretch this TT/Rask thing out for awhile. I don't see this injury coming into play at all.  An older physical goalie like TT could just as easily get hurt as Tuukka.

However, I still think Rask gets sick of the obvious plans the B's have for him, which is to sit on the bench too much for the immediate future.  All along we have heard that Rask would play more, and there were instances over the last few weeks there was no justification for him sitting.  The fact that the "plan" was for him to play more in upcoming games because 1. the schedule was busy and 2. they wanted to rest TT for the playoffs, should not make Tuukka feel like his standing is any higher.

Some team is going to come calling and Tuukka, who in a moment of honesty, made it plain he doesnt like sitting and feels he just cant do enough, is going to want to go.  This team needs to cash in on what would be a huge trade chip.

Besides that, the B's cannot afford to pay 2 goalies like #1's, which is what it would take to keep the status quo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macfact. Show Macfact's posts

I agree with Sox Fan this has a lot more to do with what Rask wants more than PC or CJ. We all know the perfect storm would be for him to remain a Bruin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

I think it all comes down to how Thomas performs this post season. If he has another incredible run they won't trade him, or make him the number 2, and Rask will probably leave. If he doesn't, I'm thinking it will become Tuukka's time.

Sections
Shortcuts