Haven't had a chance to mention it yet....Jack Edwards. Wha?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Re: Haven't had a chance to mention it yet....Jack Edwards. Wha?

In Response to Re: Haven't had a chance to mention it yet....Jack Edwards. Wha?:
    [QUOTE]He got great kudos for this  bit on Fan590 in Toronto this morning.. Radio host said too bad we don't have announcers like Jack Edwards up here.. He loved it.. And apparantly he is having an effect on other announcers as well.. Loved his " Get UP" phrase  and if you happened to tune into CBC for game 7 you heard Gary Galley use the same phrase in telling Harmlik to " Get Up!! you got to Get Up!! Asmaha.. It was a shot at Habs fans and their arrogance and their sense of entitlement through the years as though they were Royalty... Can't argue that! Have said it for many years.. Fight the good fight Jack.. I am with you!! and so are the Bruins!!
    Posted by cowboys9[/QUOTE]

It was sophomoric and embarassing.

We went from Marie Antoinnette (I think) (maybe), to the leading revolutionalists to the party tea - which was... a political protest!  but wait, it was just plain fun, too!  And there's nothing like good old fashioned vandalism to make your point!

I  guess.  Kind of lost me.

So we should be chanting USA USA USA when the Bruins defeat the Habs???

My opinion, drop the metaphors, drops the analogy and call a spade a spade or whatever it was point that he was trying to make because this sense of entitlement that Habs fans have is - entitlement to what exactly?

My take - maybe reading in between the lines more than Jack intended (or not??) that Habs fans should know better than to tolerate this acting competition going on, that victory for the price of faking injury isn't worth it.

IF that was his point, he should have said it outright or made that clearer.

IF that was his point.

And I shouldn't be wondering if that was really his point or not, as with anyone who communicates with anyone else, both parties should understand what the message is.

Hey, many moons ago I graduated as an english major so even tho I've forgotten 90% of what good grammar is all about, I am still reasonably literate and I wasn't exactly clear on his message.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

In Response to Re: Haven't had a chance to mention it yet....Jack Edwards. Wha?:
    [QUOTE]Near as I could tell, this can be summed up as "The Queen's weak low stick-side." Healy was an absolute joke.  Just a joke.  Didn't have any idea what was going on half the time.  Kept saying Pleckanec shouldn't take draws, then Pleckanec would win it cleanly.  Kept trying to make clever comments about how the Shabs were outplaying the Bruins and that they wanted it more then had to eat his words.  Dear Glen: you were a joke of a back-up goaltender, a worse joke as a leader in the PA, and you are now a total gag fest as an announcer.  CBC needs to get you off the air so you can dedicate yourself full time to Leafs TV.  Regards, Everyone.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

Here, Here!!
    I wonder what he'll be doing during the next Bruin telecast? So pro Montreal! Then after the OT win? What does Crow taste like cause I have always waited till The Fat Lady sang before I commented on anything

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbg1. Show dbg1's posts

Love him....I really got more respect for him after I heard other announcers.

Liked him even more after 96.9 morning show did their "New Jack Edwards" bit.  I nearly wrecked my car I was laughing so hard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

Someone called into NHL radio tonight during Gary Bettman's hosted show and asked him if he had any power over getting rid of Jack. Hilarious! His response...."Well, Jack already has a lot of critics...and I'm not going to defend him. Some announcers are beloved. Some are not. We'll leave it to the fans and NESN to decide who they want on the air."

So the Commish ain't to thrilled....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourrings. Show fourrings's posts

[QUOTE]Listen, everyone knows Jack is 100% certifiably insane. No question about it. He's nuts. He's not for everyone. The other teams hate him and for good reason. BUT...he clearly knows the game, loves the game and loves his job. He's said this has always been his dream job. I enjoy him and I think we're lucky to have him.
    Posted by mgauthier1975[/QUOTE]

i agree, he knows the game, the players the league and loves what he does, yes he's over the top sometimes but i appreciate his ability to interject some humor even while he's calling the game and i think overall he's pretty darn good

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]Someone called into NHL radio tonight during Gary Bettman's hosted show and asked him if he had any power over getting rid of Jack. Hilarious! His response...."Well, Jack already has a lot of critics...and I'm not going to defend him. Some announcers are beloved. Some are not. We'll leave it to the fans and NESN to decide who they want on the air." So the Commish ain't to thrilled....
    Posted by asmaha[/QUOTE]

I'm not a Jack fan, but that was harsh.  He should have done the politically correct thing and not comment.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]Near as I could tell, this can be summed up as "The Queen's weak low stick-side." Healy was an absolute joke.  Just a joke.  Didn't have any idea what was going on half the time.  Kept saying Pleckanec shouldn't take draws, then Pleckanec would win it cleanly.  Kept trying to make clever comments about how the Shabs were outplaying the Bruins and that they wanted it more then had to eat his words.  Dear Glen: you were a joke of a back-up goaltender, a worse joke as a leader in the PA, and you are now a total gag fest as an announcer.  CBC needs to get you off the air so you can dedicate yourself full time to Leafs TV.  Regards, Everyone.
    Posted by Bookboy007[/QUOTE]

So true.

Hateful watching, when you have to listen to all the habnot bullshiite.
    How the B's scored 1 goal against the unbelievable, uncomparable Price and how did they even dare win a game against the supersonic flying team called habnots is just unthinkable.

Tried to listen to the B feeds on internet, but they were behind the actual game, I like JE but this rant was just too much on the stupid side. I expected him to get up and do the Tetley dance, tho it would have topped it off nicely.

Buttman doesn't aprove, so I guess that means I do, by default.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bleedinblackandgold. Show Bleedinblackandgold's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Haven't had a chance to mention it yet....Jack Edwards. Wha? : I'm not a Jack fan, but that was harsh.  He should have done the politically correct thing and not comment.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

Not a huge Edwards fan either, but Bettman just proved what a vendicitve moron he is.