Head hit on Seguin.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Head hit on Seguin.

Was it worth the five minute major? Not nearly as bad as some are going to think. But it's the new rule and it is what it is. Hornqvist looks like he is targeting the upper body at best (head at worst, I'll give him benefit of the doubt and say he unfortunately hit the head). He was also playing a little on edge earlier in the game. I don't agree with the call on the ice, If it gets a suspension it does, if it doesn't warrant a suspension it doesn't. either way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigPapaBear72. Show BigPapaBear72's posts

Re: Head hit on Seguin.

That was a weak call... He hit with his shoulder. But I guess if the league is really going to get rid of ALL contacts to the head, then I guess by those standards it's a 5 minute major.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Thats a "we just got the memo from the just wrapped up G.M meetings overreaction" 5 minute major. If I were Barry Trotz I'd be upset too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

In Response to Re: Head hit on Seguin.:
    [QUOTE]That was a weak call... He hit with his shoulder. But I guess if the league is really going to get rid of ALL contacts to the head, then I guess by those standards it's a 5 minute major.
    Posted by BigPapaBear72[/QUOTE]
    I will say he definitely hit him in the lower part of the jaw/head towards the lower part of the ear. It was a head hit but not worth a 5 minute penalty.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

His ear is bleeding. Elbow to the head is what I saw. I was thinking 2min minor but I guess with blood/new rules its 5mins.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Looked like he took a pretty good run at Seguin, got the elbow up and drew some blood on his ear.  Refs are going to call this stuff pretty tight for awhile until the players adjust, two weeks ago it's probably 2 minutes for elbowing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

1) That almost could have been charging (maybe it was).
    2) He clearly led with his elbow - to the head.
    3) He drew blood.

That was always a 5 min major.  The rule is drawing blood, it doesn't specifiy you must lose at least one tooth.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]1) That almost could have been charging (maybe it was). 2) He clearly led with his elbow - to the head. 3) He drew blood. That was always a 5 min major.  The rule is drawing blood, it doesn't specifiy you must lose at least one tooth.
    Posted by BadHabitude[/QUOTE]

I thought you had to lose at least 1 eye and say YarrrH!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Head hit on Seguin. : I thought you had to lose at least 1 eye and say YarrrH!
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey[/QUOTE]
    I thought it was a broken c-4 vert and a "severe" concussion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Total over reaction. 

I have to agree. 

Trotz should write a letter of complaint to the league.

This 5 minute major thing for drawing blood, Tyler only got 7 stitches to the ear. 

And you all know 7 stitches to the ear doesn't draw that much blood.

The 5 min drawing blood penalty is supposed to only be for drawing lots and lots of blood.

So really, it wasn't an elbow, but a clear clean shoulder hit, and it wasn't charging, and there was no drawing blood, the stitches stopped the bleeding.

sheesh.   new rules.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

That elbow caused 7 stitches.  Did anyone see the Seguin interview in the locker room after the game?  His ear looked NASTY.  Maybe the original replay didn't look like much but there will be a 4 game suspension on this one.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Oh no stiches!!! Whatever will he do!!! Will he ever play again? I'm just simply stating my opinion, not looking for arguments here my boys/girls???

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Greatseason. Show Greatseason's posts

[QUOTE]That elbow caused 7 stitches.  Did anyone see the Seguin interview in the locker room after the game?  His ear looked NASTY.  Maybe the original replay didn't look like much but there will be a 4 game suspension on this one.
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]
    for 7 stitches.... LOL ...and you're calling others crybabies !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Total over reaction.  I have to agree.  Trotz should write a letter of complaint to the league. This 5 minute major thing for drawing blood, Tyler only got 7 stitches to the ear.  And you all know 7 stitches to the ear doesn't draw that much blood. The 5 min drawing blood penalty is supposed to only be for drawing lots and lots of blood. So really, it wasn't an elbow, but a clear clean shoulder hit, and it wasn't charging, and there was no drawing blood, the stitches stopped the bleeding. sheesh.   new rules.

I didn't see it, but is this your opinion, or is this the actual rule? I didn't think there had a to be a certain amount of blood, but just blood in general.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from no1bruinsfan. Show no1bruinsfan's posts

i say we press criminal charges lol.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

If this is what has to be called so as to get rid of some concussions I am for it. As much as I love the game played rough and tough  I can't root for hits that turn people into vegetables anymore. If the hit with an elbow caused a mangled ear, 5 min is justified.
    Making the players wear elbow and shoulder pads that aren't weapons would be a good place to start.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Head hit on Seguin. : I didn't see it, but is this your opinion, or is this the actual rule? I didn't think there had a to be a certain amount of blood, but just blood in general.
    Posted by nitemare-38[/QUOTE]

sarcasm

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]Total over reaction.  I have to agree.  Trotz should write a letter of complaint to the league. This 5 minute major thing for drawing blood, Tyler only got 7 stitches to the ear.  And you all know 7 stitches to the ear doesn't draw that much blood. The 5 min drawing blood penalty is supposed to only be for drawing lots and lots of blood. So really, it wasn't an elbow, but a clear clean shoulder hit, and it wasn't charging, and there was no drawing blood, the stitches stopped the bleeding. sheesh.   new rules.

BH you know I was kidding witht he Pirate comment right? I said at first it looked like 2mins but with the blood it was worthy of 5. I didnt realize he needed 7 stitches to his ear. He'll have some nice cartilage forming there and some cauliflower ear for sure.

I could see a suspension as their was a major and the potential for head trauma. Anywhere from 2-5gms is my guess now.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Elbow to the head.  Not sure if it was worth 5 minutes. I had the volume down and I didn't see if there was blood or not. The player also may have left his feet a little. 

Definitely a penalty and a possible suspension as well.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Just watched the replay again.  Tough to tell if it was the elbow that hit, but it did get up.  I think it will fall into the "was trying to make a normal hit and could have avoided getting his head but didn't" category.  Obviously the league will look at it, and in the current climate it might get 2 games.  One or a fine is probably what is deserved.  Unless he has a track record for this kind of hit?

And yes, there was blood.  Not much.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigDogCK. Show BigDogCK's posts

My take on the Seguin hit is that is was a possible Butt End.  No one has mentioned this as a possibilty yet but I would not be surprised if the end of the stick is what caused the cut to the ear.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Stick was nowhere near Seguin's head.

It's funny watching the two different broadcasts.  The NESN one shows two replays where it looks like nothing but elbow hitting Seguin's head, while the Pred's broadcast shows the missed trip on Kelly and then one replay that made it look like it was a shoulder hit to the chest.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

[QUOTE]1) That almost could have been charging (maybe it was). 2) He clearly led with his elbow - to the head. 3) He drew blood. That was always a 5 min major.  The rule is drawing blood, it doesn't specifiy you must lose at least one tooth.

What rule is there about drawing blood?  A 2 minute high sticking becomes 4 minutes - that's the "blood" rule, isn't it.

I don't understand most of the posts on this thread.  I watch every game on NESN - I don't know where most of you see the games - and I clearly saw Hornqvist cross the ice, LEAD with his elbow, and make deliberate contact with Seguin's head (jaw/ear).  That's a 5-minute major for charging in the least - the ref called elbowing.  I don't think we need to issue an arrest warrant or dial 911, but the call on the ice was correct.  If Marchand got two games, and Paille got 4, Horcrux should get 4 too.  It was intentional and much more dangerous than Marchment's.  Colin Campbell's office needs to be consistent if these plays are to be eliminated and players' careers and health are to be protected.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from palealeman. Show palealeman's posts

did anyone call 9-1-1 yet?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

No suspension just a $2500 fine...

Sections
Shortcuts