Head Shots or Cheap Shots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheapshot1. Show cheapshot1's posts

Head Shots or Cheap Shots?

In reading many of these boards,  some of these fans love the head shots say it's all "part of the game", and have always been there......
    Don't mistake skill for thugs.  Going out and getting plastered on Saturday night, and getting into a fight on Boston Common  and losing some teeth has "always been there", but does that men it's good?  
    Yes a physical game has always existed, but you guys are seperating "physical" from "game".  Being a giant (Chara) and elbowing your opponent's head into a metal post is not hockey.  That's assault and battery.  Let's see some play making, some stick handling, and some scoring.  Is Ovechkin  a wimp because he doesn't elbow opponents' heads into metal posts?  Ovechkin is actually one of the meanest guys on the ice, but he plays legal, and can score.  He plays a 2 way game.  Some of these fans are just as bad as British soccer/football hooligans who only go to see violence.  If that's all you want, then go to the  Boston Common at 4am on a Saturday night for free and save your $130.00+ you would have spent on Bruins' ticikets. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Re: Head Shots or Cheap Shots?

Thanks for the laugh Beavis.  Sorry your Habs will go another year without a Cup.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

In Response to Head Shots or Cheap Shots?:
    In reading many of these boards,  some of these fans love the head shots say it's all "part of the game", and have always been there...... Don't mistake skill for thugs.  Going out and getting plastered on Saturday night, and getting into a fight on Boston Common  and losing some teeth has "always been there", but does that men it's good?   Yes a physical game has always existed, but you guys are seperating "physical" from "game".  Being a giant (Chara) and elbowing your opponent's head into a metal post is not hockey.  That's assault and battery.  Let's see some play making, some stick handling, and some scoring.  Is Ovechkin  a wimp because he doesn't elbow opponents' heads into metal posts?  Ovechkin is actually one of the meanest guys on the ice, but he plays legal, and can score.  He plays a 2 way game.  Some of these fans are just as bad as British soccer/football hooligans who only go to see violence.  If that's all you want, then go to the  Boston Common at 4am on a Saturday night for free and save your $130.00+ you would have spent on Bruins' ticikets. 
    Posted by cheapshot1

1. What makes you come here today to debate last year's news? The Chara/Pacioretty situation is a thing of the past. Why can't I shake the feeling that you want to stir things up again?
    2. Ovechkin is a fine player, but his game at times is at least borderline illegal. He goes for the knees a lot, among other unpleasant "qualities" of his.
    3. Having grown up in Europe, I have seen more soccer/football than you ever will in your whole life. "British soccer/football hooligans", as you call them, don't come to the grounds to see violence - if they want violence they'll simply start fights among themselves. They're a far cry from pu$$ificated people like you who call for "revenge, redemption, etc." on the field/ice, maybe eventually call the cops to file another complaint against a player from the opposing team (very classy indeed).
    Ever thought about directing your interest towards chess, maybe?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

Credibility lost when you say Ovechkin plays clean. He's thrown tons of cheapshots and been suspended multiple times for them.

Yeah so your post fails hard.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheapshot1. Show cheapshot1's posts

Hangnail, I never said that the Habs will make it even past the 1st round.  That is the difference between you and I.... I actually know how to read!   I will fathom a guess, and figure that you are one of those who believe that the Bruins will 3peat the cup in 2011-2012-2013!  Fans like you are the mockery of the NHL.  Last I checked the Bruins are 2 and 6 against the Habs, who are in 7th place.  The cup? Ha.... They can't even beat a 7th place team.  See you on Thursday night at the TD Center.  6"4, 235lbs, go-t, a big red CH hockey sweater and LMAOF

In Response to Re: Head Shots or Cheap Shots?:
    Thanks for the laugh Beavis.  Sorry your Habs will go another year without a Cup.
    Posted by hangnail

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

Credibility lost when you say Ovechkin plays clean. He's thrown tons of cheapshots and been suspended multiple times for them. Yeah so your post fails hard.
    Posted by I-Like-Hockey

+10

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from callodthedom19. Show callodthedom19's posts

Hangnail, I never said that the Habs will make it even past the 1st round.  That is the difference between you and I.... I actually know how to read!   I will fathom a guess, and figure that you are one of those who believe that the Bruins will 3peat the cup in 2011-2012-2013!  Fans like you are the mockery of the NHL.  Last I checked the Bruins are 2 and 6 against the Habs, who are in 7th place.  The cup? Ha.... They can't even beat a 7th place team.  See you on Thursday night at the TD Center.  6"4, 235lbs, go-t, a big red CH hockey sweater and LMAOF In Response to Re: Head Shots or Cheap Shots? :
    Posted by cheapshot1

You can read but you can't spell.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hangnail. Show hangnail's posts

Hangnail, I never said that the Habs will make it even past the 1st round.  That is the difference between you and I....  :
    Posted by cheapshot1

No.  The difference between you and I is that you're a Scab troll trying to start sh!t on a B's board. Why don't you go join the rest of your red, white and blue bretheren and cry together on your own board.  You all deserve each other.  Pathetic.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheapshot1. Show cheapshot1's posts

MrHulot or is it Miss Hulot?
    Only a Bruins fan(atic) thinks head shots is last year's news.  Didn't one of your players get suspended 2 nights ago for a head shot?  Didn't all 30 general managers just discuss headshots just 3 days ago at the leaguewide GM meeting?  Didn't Matt Cooke from the Penguins just get suspended 2 days ago for the rest of the season + 1st round of the playoffs.  Oh yeah... I forgort, this is last year's news!!!  Your respected Coach Jullien even spoke out against head shots just 2 nights ago. Dude, wake up and read a newspaper once in a while before you say what is current vs. last year's news.
    Although you recognize Ovechkin as a fine player (#3 in the league), you also question the borderline legality of some of his moves - I agree, but does that mean that you would support him if he blew out Luccic's knee caps?  Exessive, unneccessary, and unwarranted violence works both ways.  What comes around, goes around. 
    You might  know MUCH more about European soccer/football, but I certainly know more about hockey than you.  See you in the stands Thursday night while I chant Ole, Ole, Ole.....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheapshot1. Show cheapshot1's posts

Go Habs Go!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adkbeesfan. Show adkbeesfan's posts

i realize i'm doing what i am about to say not to, BUT...stop responding to this clown

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

MrHulot or is it Miss Hulot? Only a Bruins fan(atic) thinks head shots is last year's news.  Didn't one of your players get suspended 2 nights ago for a head shot?  Didn't all 30 general managers just discuss headshots just 3 days ago at the leaguewide GM meeting?  Didn't Matt Cooke from the Penguins just get suspended 2 days ago for the rest of the season + 1st round of the playoffs.  Oh yeah... I forgort, this is last year's news!!!  Your respected Coach Jullien even spoke out against head shots just 2 nights ago. Dude, wake up and read a newspaper once in a while before you say what is current vs. last year's news. Although you recognize Ovechkin as a fine player (#3 in the league), you also question the borderline legality of some of his moves - I agree, but does that mean that you would support him if he blew out Luccic's knee caps?  Exessive, unneccessary, and unwarranted violence works both ways.  What comes around, goes around.  You might  know MUCH more about European soccer/football, but I certainly know more about hockey than you.  See you in the stands Thursday night while I chant Ole, Ole, Ole.....
    Posted by cheapshot1

Ugh what are you talking about? Chara has never been suspended for a cheapshot.

The NHL Disciplinarian ruled it was a hockey play, many many hockey people be it in the media or players described it as an unfortunate accident of a hockey play. Chara apologized and Max is expected to return to hockey within 4-5weeks now.

What more do you want />? Only dellusional troll hab fans like you are still holding on to this.

It wasnt cheap it was a hockey play Chara didnt get suspended. GET OVER IT!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

I like it when hooligans talk about other hooligans from their glass house.

Et tu Habahole?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrHulot. Show MrHulot's posts

MrHulot or is it Miss Hulot? Only a Bruins fan(atic) thinks head shots is last year's news.  Didn't one of your players get suspended 2 nights ago for a head shot?  Didn't all 30 general managers just discuss headshots just 3 days ago at the leaguewide GM meeting?  Didn't Matt Cooke from the Penguins just get suspended 2 days ago for the rest of the season + 1st round of the playoffs.  Oh yeah... I forgort, this is last year's news!!!  Your respected Coach Jullien even spoke out against head shots just 2 nights ago. Dude, wake up and read a newspaper once in a while before you say what is current vs. last year's news. Although you recognize Ovechkin as a fine player (#3 in the league), you also question the borderline legality of some of his moves - I agree, but does that mean that you would support him if he blew out Luccic's knee caps?  Exessive, unneccessary, and unwarranted violence works both ways.  What comes around, goes around.  You might  know MUCH more about European soccer/football, but I certainly know more about hockey than you.  See you in the stands Thursday night while I chant Ole, Ole, Ole.....
    Posted by cheapshot1

That's probably all the lyrics that your "beautiful mind" allows you to remember...
    And what a classy opening, again. BTW: Not that it's any of your business, but it's MrHulot. I would not assume that a person like you would know the origin of my username. Maybe you can read about it in one of the newspapers you've mentioned.
    Speaking about reading: How about reading my post (and maybe trying to understand its meaning) before going on another senseless rant like yours?
    I don't remember supporting Ovechkin's play, nor do I remember stating that I liked headshots. What I did say was that I don't like people asking for violence, revenge, redemption etc. without thinking about the consequences. Ever heard about the Maurice Richard riot? That's something that "geniuses" like you are reportedly proud of, right?
    I've witnessed the Heysel Disaster. Only morons would want to cause events like that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cheapshot1. Show cheapshot1's posts

HuLot or whatever... we are here to talk hockey. What's your point? I am impressed that you have heard about the Maurice Richard riots. Do you know what they were about? Note that not a single person got as much as a scratch on them. In any case how does that pertain to headshots, or Ovechkin. How does that pertain to Chara or Pacioretty with a fractured c4 vertabrae?

Take note that Chara's hit was so gruessome that the Bruins' own Medical Staff (shout out to Don DelNegro - classy guy) jumped on the ice to help with Pacioretty.

There is some disconnect when Coach Julien, Bruins medical staff, the ENTIRE NHL board of governors, and many, many, many across the NHL are speaking out against headshots, yet the Bruins fanatics and you can only best justify it by bringing up a riot that took place 45+ years ago!!

You appear to have an educated mind, but not much of an education when it comes to hockey (stick to soccer/footbal). Read the news, and not tabloids or web-boards to learn about what is "really" going on.

When Campbell and NHL management will be watching Thursday's gane very closely, and everything will have to be legal, we will see how good the Bruins are, and if they are thugs, or do they actually have some talent.

Ole, Ole, Ole.....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

HuLot or whatever... we are here to talk hockey. What's your point? I am impressed that you have heard about the Maurice Richard riots. Do you know what they were about? Note that not a single person got as much as a scratch on them. In any case how does that pertain to headshots, or Ovechkin. How does that pertain to Chara or Pacioretty with a fractured c4 vertabrae? Take note that Chara's hit was so gruessome that the Bruins' own Medical Staff (shout out to Don DelNegro - classy guy) jumped on the ice to help with Pacioretty. There is some disconnect when Coach Julien, Bruins medical staff, the ENTIRE NHL board of governors, and many, many, many across the NHL are speaking out against headshots, yet the Bruins fanatics and you can only best justify it by bringing up a riot that took place 45+ years ago!! You appear to have an educated mind, but not much of an education when it comes to hockey (stick to soccer/footbal). Read the news, and not tabloids or web-boards to learn about what is "really" going on. When Campbell and NHL management will be watching Thursday's gane very closely, and everything will have to be legal, we will see how good the Bruins are, and if they are thugs, or do they actually have some talent. Ole, Ole, Ole.....
    Posted by cheapshot1

Doesnt seem like you are.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

Get. Over. It.

Chara's shot wasn't a "cheap shot". It also wasn't a "head shot". If you want to crack down on cheap shots and head shots, great....keep Zdeno Chara (a clean player for over 900 games a decade in the NHL) out of it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

[b]Being a giant (Chara) and elbowing your opponent's head into a metal post is not hockey[/b].  That's assault and battery.
    Posted by cheapshot1

So now he elbowed Pacioretty's head into a metal post?  Riiiiight.  He shoved Pacrat's shoulder.  I love how Montreal fanatics have taken video of this typical hockey play apart frame by frame in an attempt to prove attempted murder.  "Ooohhh, look!  In this frame it looks like Chara is pushing Pacioretty's face right into the stanchion.  So what?  With the right camera angle, I can make it look like a child is single-handedly holding up Epcot Center. 

If Bruins fans wanted to break down the video frame by frame, it would clearly show Pacioretty's arms moving after he first fell to the ice.  Does that mean that he was not unconscious?  Then you can see that his eyes are slightly open when the trainer gets to him and starts talking to him.  If Bruins fans were mind readers like Canadiens fans, they might infer from this that Pacioretty was awake and taking instructions from the trainer, who told him to like perfectly still to prevent injury and to draw a harsher penalty against Chara.  Sounds pretty ridiculous when you look at it like that, doesn't it? 

Just like it is ridiculous to conclude that Chara pushed Pacioretty's head into the stanchion by looking at a still photograph that show Chara's hands riding up off of Pacioretty's shoulder as Pacioretty hit she stanchion and his body stopped while Chara kept moving forward.  Mike Murphy looked at that hit from every possible camera angle and determined it to be a hockey hit.  24 of the 30 team GMs said it was a hockey hit and did not warrant supplimentary discipline.  End of story.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

You want to talk about cheap shots?  Let's talk about stick work and slew-footing.  The Canadiens are masters of knocking guys off their skates with sticks, especially when they are skating toward the boards battling for the puck.  Do they do drills in practice on how to knock an opponent off of his skates while making it look like a battle for the puck?  It sure looks like it. 

The Montreal Canadiens are as much cheap shot artists as any team in the league.  They don't do it with hitting.  They are much more subtle about it, but no less dirty.  It is not a coincidence that so many players challenge Habs players to fight.  Look at Lecavilier last week.  He got tired of Subban slashing him on the wrist every chance that he got.  Are we to believe that Lecavilier is a dirty bully because he finally snapped?  Funny, he doesn't snap like that when playing other teams.  Dirty play will be met in kind.  Some teams are not comfortable with delivering cheap slashes and would rather fight in response to the stick work.  I would argue that those teams are less dirty than the team that slashes and hacks every chance that they get and then hides behind the officals when someone challenges them to fight.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

The original poster was a moron with a moronic point. Leave it at that.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OrrandPapiRGods. Show OrrandPapiRGods's posts

In reading many of these boards,  some of these fans love the head shots say it's all "part of the game", and have always been there...... Don't mistake skill for thugs.  Going out and getting plastered on Saturday night, and getting into a fight on Boston Common  and losing some teeth has "always been there", but does that men it's good?   Yes a physical game has always existed, but you guys are seperating "physical" from "game".  Being a giant (Chara) and elbowing your opponent's head into a metal post is not hockey.  That's assault and battery.  Let's see some play making, some stick handling, and some scoring.  Is Ovechkin  a wimp because he doesn't elbow opponents' heads into metal posts?  Ovechkin is actually one of the meanest guys on the ice, but he plays legal, and can score.  He plays a 2 way game.  Some of these fans are just as bad as British soccer/football hooligans who only go to see violence.  If that's all you want, then go to the  Boston Common at 4am on a Saturday night for free and save your $130.00+ you would have spent on Bruins' ticikets. 
    Posted by cheapshot1

You lost all cred when you say Chara elbowed a head into a post. It was a pure hockey play that happens many times per game. Wrong place wrong time for Pac. Try the Hab chat boards and you'll get lots of people to agree with you. BTW did you call the police on Pac for assault and battery when he ran the guy from behind earlier this year? Didn't think so..... be gone!

Sections
Shortcuts