Headlines with a lockout looming

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Headlines with a lockout looming

Kari Letemin gets nearly $6M a year?  Really?  Bizarre.  Rask must be licking his chops.

Chris Phillips also suing shady agent McAlpine.

And my favorite - Bettman willing to meet any time, anywhere.  If the NHL is so willing to work at avoiding a lockout, why don't they hold off on the lockout until players would start to collect game cheques?  Bring them to camp (cost there isn't about to change), get them working with the coach, heck, have a pre-season. If there's no progress by October, then you drop the lockout.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

Re: Headlines with a lockout looming

Also, waiting til right before the CBA expires to start negotiating was a pretty bright idea. Meeting once every two weeks during the summer, also a pretty bright idea.

The whole process has been pretty strange.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

I guess in Dallas he isn't known as "Kari Letemin" but instead as "Scary Lehtonen."  At least I'd say that only scary goalies deserve that much money.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I think it's very odd, with a work stoppage due to money looming, that deals worth $20-30M are being signed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think it's very odd, with a work stoppage due to money looming, that deals worth $20-30M are being signed.

[/QUOTE]

BINGO

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

One of the reasons I could think it's the owners are counting there will be a rollback.

What's odd is the Doan deal with a 2M signing bonus .... doesn't Bettman's gang scratch the check ?

Other than that I don't know where they're going with this.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

bump

Sections
Shortcuts