Healy still crying

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Healy still crying

Book, What did you think of Cole's call of the Bruins-Lightning game 7 ? or basically when he is not calling the Laffs or Shabs ?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yaso#7. Show Yaso#7's posts

Healy finished off by saying that Ference would eventually get what's coming to him.

I believe Ference got what was coming to him--- He hoisted it over his head and skated around the ice with it.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

When Healy first came on the broadcast landscape some years ago, I recall him being lauded by some media types as fresh, knowledgeable and edgy.  I think those views left out irritating and pompous.  (I still say SportsNet's Darren Millard is a more grating on-air personality.) 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Cole's too starstruck in the "neutral" games, and he carries his prejudices with him.  I can't read your sig without hearing him sound vaguely disappointed that Stamkos, St Louis, and Lecavalier were behind.  Maybe I'm carrying my prejudices but after years upon years of only hearing that voice call Leaf games, then Shab games, it's hard not to dislike him on principle.

Apparently he's a nut job too - stories about him doing games pantsless - but whatever.  Who hasn't gone to work without pants?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

Healy is the one guy, where I could be watching a HNIC game and not realize who's talking... and then I think to myself, "who is this flaming idiot?"  Then I realize, uh... it's Healy.

Bad goalie.  Worse color guy.  Clown.

I dunno, even though I understand your perspective, Book and don't entirely disagree... I like listening to Cole.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

I like the sound of Coles voice but today he gets too many names wrong and does have a bias against all US based teams.

I can still recall this famous Bob Cole call:
    "Neely...skating gingerly up the ice.........
    and Neely beats Roy.......just......like.......that!"
    After Neely cruises down the right side and beats Roy with a slapper from outside the blueline.

I remember a broadcaster for CBC in the mid to late 80's that did the Oiler games.  I think it was Scott Russell.  I liked his work but not sure where he is these days.

Healy was and continues to be a joke along with the newest member of the club, Jim Hughson.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I can't believe that Healy is still at it.

His open loathing of Andrew Ference during the playoffs was about as unprofessional as I have even seen a broadcaster be.  It just never stopped.  In addition to the NHLPA stuff (which should be a private matter between them) I was starting wonder if Ference had relations with Healy's wife.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49-North. Show 49-North's posts

In Response to Re: Healy still crying:
    I can't believe that Healy is still at it. His open loathing of Andrew Ference during the playoffs was about as unprofessional as I have even seen a broadcaster be.  It just never stopped.  In addition to the NHLPA stuff (which should be a private matter between them) I was starting wonder if Ference had relations with Healy's wife.
    Posted by Fletcher1

If that p*sses you off, then you know how Canuck fans felt when Ron McLean launched his hatchet job on Burrows after Stephane Auger told Burr that he was going to "get even" with him.  Apparently the CBC received a record number of complaints about McLean's conduct after that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Healy still crying : If that p*sses you off, then you know how Canuck fans felt when Ron McLean launched his hatchet job on Burrows after Stephane Auger told Burr that he was going to "get even" with him.  Apparently the CBC received a record number of complaints about McLean's conduct after that.
    Posted by 49-North

Yeah, I was under the impression that a basic tenet of journalism was not to air your personal grudges and vendettas against the subjects that you are covering.  Apparently CBC broadcasters are above that principle.

I think there is so much 'opinion-based' content on tv and radio these days, that some broadcasters think their personal feelings are relevant to calling a game.  Healy hates Ference and thinks the Bruins are bullies, we get it, now call the f-ing game like a professional.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Cole's too starstruck in the "neutral" games, and he carries his prejudices with him.  I can't read your sig without hearing him sound vaguely disappointed that Stamkos, St Louis, and Lecavalier were behind.  Maybe I'm carrying my prejudices but after years upon years of only hearing that voice call Leaf games, then Shab games, it's hard not to dislike him on principle. Apparently he's a nut job too - stories about him doing games pantsless - but whatever.  Who hasn't gone to work without pants?
    Posted by Bookboy007

I can still hear him saying " one ... nothing ... Boston "  it was like pulling a tooth.
    My fave line was when Krejci fought against Cammalleri " Michael Cammalleri not afraid to mess it up with Bruins tough guy Krejci ... " LMAO

In the Tampa series when they had both Pierre McGuire and Healy fighting for position behind the glass it was priceless.  Two dorks behind the glass.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Healy still crying : I can still hear him saying " one ... nothing ... Boston "  it was like pulling a tooth. My fave line was when Krejci fought against Cammalleri " Michael Cammalleri not afraid to mess it up with Bruins tough guy Krejci ... " LMAO In the Tampa series when they had both Pierre McGuire and Healy fighting for position behind the glass it was priceless.  Two dorks behind the glass.
    Posted by BsLegion

That was hilarious.  Cammy's just filled with courage...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I don't know what was worse in terms of an explanation for that little gem: either he genuinely though Krejci was a bruiser - and so didn't know him at all - or he doesn't know the difference between Krejci and Koci.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

And, he didn't 'mix it up' with Krejci/Koci as it appeared to us.  Rather, he wasn't afraid to "mess it up" according to Cole...whatever that is supposed to mean.

I guess considering the fight, it's not such a bad description

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewinab. Show Drewinab's posts

I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than listen to Glen Healy.  I even wrote a letter to CBC after last season begging them not to bring him back this year. He's the worst broadcaster in the history of broadcasters.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than listen to Glen Healy.  I even wrote a letter to CBC after last season begging them not to bring him back this year. He's the worst broadcaster in the history of broadcasters.
    Posted by Drewinab

No.  Mike Toth.  Depending on where in AB and which AB you're talking about, you might remember him starting out on an independent channel in Calgary.  He never got better when he went to Sportsnet.  No idea where he is now. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

"I'm carrying my prejudices but after years upon years of only hearing that voice call Leaf games, then Shab games, it's hard not to dislike him on principle.'

Yah that would get on my nerves as well. I think it comes down to taste too as I happen to like Doc Emrick but allot of hockey fans don't.

Sections
Shortcuts