Hello my name is LRH and I am a leaf fan, It's been 100 years since I have had a drink, I mean playoff game.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Hello my name is LRH and I am a leaf fan, It's been 100 years since I have had a drink, I mean playoff game.

I think many of the Bruin posters here have been pretty good about having the Leafs back in the playoffs after so many years. I respect that. Having said that, I don't know how long we'll be there. We have to play over our heads (Reimer) in particular to win this series but I'm happy to see relevent hockey again in Toronto. I'm looking for a competitive series and for the Leafs to put in a respectable showing. I like the passion that Carlyle has brought to the team. I hope this is the start of something good building at Leaf-land and we can have loftier goals in the coming seasons. But this year, will be tough. I think the Bruins are built for the playoffs and it's going to be hard to score against them. Rask, Bergeron and Chara kinda scare me. If they are on, we'll be in trouble. Go Leafs Go!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: Hello my name is LRH and I am a leaf fan, It's been 100 years since I have had a drink, I mean playoff game.

I think Carlyle has found a home in Toronto, he's don a great job this year. There is defenitely a good core right now, someting to build on. Reimer is the big "?" in this series and a few years to come for the Leafs. I just don't think the depth on your blueline is great and that needs to be fixed this summer.

Wish I could wish you luck LRH but your team isn't playing the Shabs.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OatesCam. Show OatesCam's posts

Re: Hello my name is LRH and I am a leaf fan, It's been 100 years since I have had a drink, I mean playoff game.

Congratz on having your team back in the playoffs, LRH, it's been a long time.  The Stanley Cup is always more fun with the Leafs involved!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No, it's not.  It's fun when the Leafs are on the fourth tee by now, when they've all already put on 14 pounds of fondue weight from sitting around watching Leafs' TV post-mortems about how bad they are and eating their emotions. It's fun when that quiet wail you can hear in the silent places of North America, when it's dark and even the raccoons are keeping their heads down is Toronto's soul slowly expiring after another year of blue and white failure, when Finland's depression rate rises because their flag is the same colours as the Leafs, when the ghost of Harold Ballard rises again to offer you 10c boxes of Kraft Dinner and thinly veiled racism along with your overpriced seat and beer and your under-performing roster.

That?  That is fun.  Screw the Leafs.  Go Bruins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordByron77. Show LordByron77's posts

Ah, LRH, been awhile since reading some of your post. Good to have you back! This time against each other.

It's nice to see the Leafs in the playoffs. Kinda glad they're playing the B's. Will see what they're made of during the most exciting part of the season.

As SanDog said, "Wish I could wish you luck LRH but your team isn't playing the Shabs"

I tell all my Leafs friends, May no player get seriously hurt!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

I think it's awesome that the Leafs are back in the playoffs.

And when I say awesome, I mean we better not lose to them.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Ah Book you sure you didn't leave anything out ?

LoL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichHillOntario. Show RichHillOntario's posts

It's always good to read your posts, LRH.  I see the series this way.  In one respect the Leafs are the new kids on the block having been away for so long.  Not that they should adopt a "we're just happy to be here" attitude but for them to be knocked out may be viewed by some as being an experience in the development process of the team and a defeat administered by a superior group. 

A Bruin win would be expected as their status, despite some very lackluster play along the way is as one of the league's best teams.  A series win for the Leafs would cast a critical eye on the Bruins regarding that league standing and probably cause Chiarelli and Company to closely reassess the team from top to bottom, coaches included. 

Best of luck - just not too much.  Cheers!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

I think of the leafs like they are that relative that we all had when we were little, distant enough so that we didn't see them everyday, but 4 times a year or so. He was 4 years or so younger than you, old enough to be in your league, but you always owned him in everything. I like them in the dance, however I find it way more fun when the Habs are eagerly watching the draft lottery. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to RichHillOntario's comment:

It's always good to read your posts, LRH.  I see the series this way.  In one respect the Leafs are the new kids on the block having been away for so long.  Not that they should adopt a "we're just happy to be here" attitude but for them to be knocked out may be viewed by some as being an experience in the development process of the team and a defeat administered by a superior group. 

A Bruin win would be expected as their status, despite some very lackluster play along the way is as one of the league's best teams.  A series win for the Leafs would cast a critical eye on the Bruins regarding that league standing and probably cause Chiarelli and Company to closely reassess the team from top to bottom, coaches included. 

Best of luck - just not too much.  Cheers!

Good post RHO.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: Hello my name is LRH

LRH and Kennedy...everything 49North wants to be.

Awesome post, Book.

Go Bruins!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

Enjoy it while it lasts LRH......been a long time.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ronstar8. Show Ronstar8's posts

Post of the year, Book! GO BRUINS!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

LRH, I'm not rubbing it in when I say that Kadri and Kessel really need to play better. If the Leafs are to have a chance of winning, they can't have Kulemin as the top "K" in the lineup.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to dezaruchi's comment:

LRH, I'm not rubbing it in when I say that Kadri and Kessel really need to play better. If the Leafs are to have a chance of winning, they can't have Kulemin as the top "K" in the lineup.

It's really too bad Kadri and Kessel were scratched tonight.  Did they miss the morning meeting?  Break curfew?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dezaruchi. Show dezaruchi's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

It's really too bad Kadri and Kessel were scratched tonight.  Did they miss the morning meeting?  Break curfew?

Kadri only got credit for 1 giveaway but he was so much worse than that.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

You're a great poster LRH. I hope you enjoy every moment of your short playoff stint. We gave you a one goal lead. It was the kind thing to do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

In response to 4everbruins' comment:

Enjoy it while it lasts LRH......been a long time.

Probably ain't going to last long.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

No, it's not.  It's fun when the Leafs are on the fourth tee by now, when they've all already put on 14 pounds of fondue weight from sitting around watching Leafs' TV post-mortems about how bad they are and eating their emotions. It's fun when that quiet wail you can hear in the silent places of North America, when it's dark and even the raccoons are keeping their heads down is Toronto's soul slowly expiring after another year of blue and white failure, when Finland's depression rate rises because their flag is the same colours as the Leafs, when the ghost of Harold Ballard rises again to offer you 10c boxes of Kraft Dinner and thinly veiled racism along with your overpriced seat and beer and your under-performing roster.

Someone remind me not to p*ss The Book off. I feel shreaded and shmushed, and I don't even like the Leafs.

Kind of felt bad for all the Leaf fans at the bar. After the first goal, they were so excited, but then reality settled in and they were all so resigned to their fate.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

It's fun when that quiet wail you can hear in the silent places of North America, when it's dark and even the raccoons are keeping their heads down is Toronto's soul slowly expiring after another year of blue and white failure, when Finland's depression rate rises because their flag is the same colours as the Leafs, when the ghost of Harold Ballard rises again to offer you 10c boxes of Kraft Dinner and thinly veiled racism along with your overpriced seat and beer and your under-performing roster.

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

good post LRH. looks like Book took his poison pills early. Can you even imagine the leafs winning this series ? They played into the bruins strengths, and woke the Bear. I would hope Peter reads 50below and implaments a complete review

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

Kadri only got credit for 1 giveaway but he was so much worse than that.

Well that is being overly generous is it not?

He looked scared sh*tless out there, did the B's say something to him in warmups or something?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seobrien. Show seobrien's posts

Congrats on your team finally making back to the dance, LRH. Too long for good hockey fans like you.

With that said, I hope its a short stay for your team this year. Things are finally looking up in TO, the future is a lot brighter now than it has been in some time.

Always one of my favorite posters.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Klaas. Show Klaas's posts

Now I know why my step-mom from Finland drinks her Finnish vodka all the time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Totally dominated in every aspect of the game.

It was embarressing to watch.

Out muscled, out-hustled, out chanced.  I think we're better then what they showed, but clearly they weren't ready to play which is inexcusable.   I don't know if it would have made any difference if JVR had buried that shot that went of the post and came right back for a goal with 12 seconds left or so, but I doubt it.  They seemed to be throwing the puck away all night long

We don't belong in the playoffs playing like that.  This won't go past 4 games at this rate.

But........I'll be back watching on Saturday and hope for a better finish.

Full marks to Julien and the Bruins for showing us how to play playoff hockey.