Help me understand this Rask thing, fellow Bs fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

Re: Help me understand this Rask thing, fellow Bs fans

In Response to Re: Help me understand this Rask thing, fellow Bs fans:
    [QUOTE]how is julien responsible for ruining rask? tt is having the best season statistically in the modern era. what's julien supposed to do, give rask half the starts?
    Posted by goodnewsbears[/QUOTE]

Great point. Julien has nothing to do with Rask not stopping pucks, confidence, mental lapses, are more to blame, not Julien.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I think it's quite obvious that the B's are not ready to compete against the elite in this league yet & PC has to make some moves in order to do so! Blaming Rask is the easy way out!
    The B's may very well win on Sun, but that doesn't change anything. Can the B's REALLY & HONESTLY beat a team like Detroit in a 7 game series the way it's designed RIGHT NOW?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1NEFAN2. Show 1NEFAN2's posts

At the present time the B's could not beat Detroit in a 7 game series.  The don't have the speed.  They need to start using thier young kids with speed and talent, so when the playoffs come they are ready.  It time for the young and out with the old.  They can't play any worse than some of the games this team has played. But it won't happen with CJ as coach.  The Bruins will be a playoff team year after year but will go no where till the talent they have is brought up and used.  Without the play of TT they would not be in the hunt.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Rask has extra pressure when he gets the net ..he needs to perform and that makes the difference...last year he has the no.1 position and performed extremly well with the best GA in  the NHL ...so does that means that he cant perform well under pressure ??? You be the judge ....

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS 2011-2012-2013

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Here's the deal on Rask:

1. He's proven he can be a top-flight goalie (last year's series vs. Sabres essentially won by Rask)

2. He's proven he can be shaky (last year's game 7 vs. Philly--lost in part by weak goals he let in; moreso by Bruins' overall lack of killer instinct when up 3-0)

3. You have to play him down the stretch whether you like it or not b/c TT will be gassed by playoff time if you don't.

4. More playing time SHOULD lead to better results. Rask says lack of time isn't making him rusty, and bully to him for not using it as an excuse, but I blame CJ on this one: goalies can't be expected to shine if they never get a chance to play. Rask should be seeing MORE time in net b4 the playoffs, not less.

5. It would also be good to get the boys around him to stop sulking every time he's in net. It's like they see Rask instead of TT and play tepid, lifeless, and uncertain of every pass and shot. They tighten up; they never recover from even 1-goal deficits when he's in net. Well, you know what, guys? You better snap out of it, b/c if TT gets hurt and can't play, Rask is your guy....and you better play as well in front of him as you do w/Timmy.

The jury is still out on Rask. He's either 6. the goalie of the future, or

7. the next Andrew Raycroft.

Still too early to tell, but ultimately, I don't think the B's should give up on him. Too much  upside, and the last thing you want to do is start looking for a goalie in a trade when what you need is another high scoring fwd or a stud Dman to upgrade the team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]Any player NEEDS to play to retain/develop his skills[COACH-1]. To put Tuuka in against Detroit was not the best choice[ COACHJ-2] To play Thornton rather than Seguin against a speedy, smart team like Detroit[ COACH-3] To decide to put REX on the point against a speedy, smart team [COACH-4]
    Posted by bogie6[/QUOTE]

Disagree... If so, then why was TT so incredible to start this season?  He did not play at the end of last season, did not play in the playoffs at all, and did not play in the summer because of his hip injury.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scooter244. Show scooter244's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help me understand this Rask thing, fellow Bs fans : Disagree... If so, then why was TT so incredible to start this season?  He did not play at the end of last season, did not play in the playoffs at all, and did not play in the summer because of his hip injury.
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

TT is a veteran, and has been through a lot in his career.  Rask is still young and learning.  I think the colapse of last year is having some lingering effects.  He'll learn.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

[QUOTE]I think it's an age and experience thing.  It must be hard to be a back-up goalie in the NHL.  You sit and then are expected to be razor sharp now.  Skaters aren't held to that standard.  Those coming off injury need a few games to get their legs back and start seeing the game at full speed.  Rask has been a starter his whole life (likely) and is just not used to this role.  I think a lot of young goalies struggle as backups.  The best back-ups, Auld is a good example, have the experience and have learned how to be ready when they are called into action.  I'm not worried.  He has time to get his game back.  TT will be good for at least a couple more years.  Look at the bright side...Rask's next contact won't be nearly as big as it looked like it might be last year.   
    Posted by scooter244[/QUOTE]

Well stated. Also, his next start needs to be against a non-elite team. He needs to get his game back ; throwing him against Detroit was not a good idea. I still believe in Tukkaa but right now, he's bit rattled.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

What I think TT does is that he's smarter about controlling the pace of the game: he ties up the puck much more and forces face-offs/stoppage . This is a very critical and oft forgotten nuance of the game.  Forcing the re-set helps the guys in front of him.
    Posted by ipot[/QUOTE]

You got it Man! It's sort of like the young  bull and the old bull were grazing, when the young bull spotted some cows far across the valley in another field. The young bull exclaimed "I'm going to run  way over there and (blank) one! The old bull looked things over and said, "Nope!" "Let's take our time, and we'll be able to (blank) all of them."  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from goodnewsbears. Show goodnewsbears's posts

i probably won't have too many supporters, but i agree with cj starting rask against detroit. tt was coming off a bad game allowing 6 vs montreal. he was probably getting tired and needed a break. if tt starts that game vs detroit and the team comes out flat and he allows 4,5,6 goals, then what do you do? then you'd have tt having 2 bad games in a row which kinda forces you to start rask sunday. that's putting alot of pressure on rask. for this team to be considered a serious contender, we kinda need 1 win in the home and home vs detroit. a rested tt on sunday gives us a better chance than rask.