Help Me With This One

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Help Me With This One

If Vanek is a Bruin killer, and the Bruins faltered at the deadline for allowing Montreal to acquire Vanek, how did the B's smoke the Habs last night?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

Re: Help Me With This One

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Vanek is a Bruin killer, and the Bruins faltered at the deadline for allowing Montreal to acquire Vanek, how did the B's smoke the Habs last night?

[/QUOTE]

Vanek is a floater...........let the habs have him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Vanek is clearly saving himself for the playoffs.  I'm sure he let Budaj know that it's his fault that Vanek has one assist on a meaningless pride goal in his three games in Mtl.

This, of course, assumes he remembers that there are playoffs.  It's been a while for him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He looked real good on the lazy back check on Chara's goal last night , what a pathetic effort . Glad Chia didn't pick up that floater at the deadline . He wants big money to play a one dimensional game...not in a Bruins 's jersey ...never

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Not sure which feed everyone got last night, but McGuire was ripping on Vanek after the Chara goal.  Then they showed the replay.  McGuire was being kind.  

When Chara coasted in and scored, Vanek looked like he was Chara's ice dancing partner and was waiting to be twirled into a triple lutz by Cedfano.  How disappointing when he put in the rebound instead.

I know, I know, he's good.  But perhaps the trade deadline coup was not all it has been hyped to be.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I dunno, but the Flames hammered the Ducks 7-2. What does that mean? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

NAS, this particular poster(me) agrees with the "Vanek=Bruins killer" line of thought (62pts in 54 games or whatever helps lead me to this conclusion).  However, any deadline criticism of the Bs for not blocking another team's access to him by trading for him is Stanley-type thinking...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davinator. Show Davinator's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Leafs beat them pretty handily too I believe.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from watchtower. Show watchtower's posts

In response to Fletcher1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

When Chara coasted in and scored, Vanek looked like he was Chara's ice dancing partner and was waiting to be twirled into a triple lutz by Cedfano. 

[/QUOTE]

he and max pacs are perfect ice dancing partners

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

8 days ago people were upset, some even scared that Vanek went to Montreal.

Now, some of those same people are glad he's not in Boston.

What changed?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Everyone's beating the Ducks these days, even the Scabs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

8 days ago people were upset, some even scared that Vanek went to Montreal.

Now, some of those same people are glad he's not in Boston.

What changed?

That Chara goal.

I still think obviously Vanek is a great player, but he wasnt really noticeable last night and was clearly lazy on that goal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know...They've lost 4 in a row. Does that mean they're no longer contenders? My point is that one game doesn't change history. One game doesn't make the future. So Vanek has one pt in 4 games since the trade. Does that mean he sucks now? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hooting n hollering about the Bruins beating a team "once" this season. A team without there starting goaltender and one of their best defenders. I suppose last nights game, a regular season, will count in their minds once the Shabs are healthy and are in the playoffs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kitchener. Show kitchener's posts

Vanek has been a Bruin killer over the years with Buffalo,yeah last night he did nothing,so what does that prove forget aboubt the 60 pts in 50 games against Bruins over the years,yep last night he did nothing so yep he is a bum.Lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Rating one regular season game should determine how the trade worked out.

Brilliance

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hooting n hollering about the Bruins beating a team "once" this season. A team without there starting goaltender and one of their best defenders. I suppose last nights game, a regular season, will count in their minds once the Shabs are healthy and are in the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

Thats not a given,probable,but not a given.Tampa & Detroit with games in hand,and their saviour Price isn't back yet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

So you're hoping they don't make it in ?

For what reason ?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Make no mistake Vanek is a offensively gifted player who seems to be successful against the B's, but if he isn't scoring he isn't much help,no one will mistake Vanek for a Selke candidate.He hasn't scored in the 3 games the Scabs have played since the deadline and that wouldn't be such a big deal but Montreal hasn't secured a playoff spot yet and need him to contribute with not a ton of games left to acclimate himself.Maybe Vanek isn't a good fit in Scabland,i don't know,i do know on thing though,he was pretty invisible last night.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Some of you are influenced too easy by one game.

Because Vanek didnt back check on the Chara goal, I've changed my mind about the trade.

LOL!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to 50belowzero's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I know...They've lost 4 in a row. Does that mean they're no longer contenders? My point is that one game doesn't change history. One game doesn't make the future. So Vanek has one pt in 4 games since the trade. Does that mean he sucks now? 

[/QUOTE]

I think this is exactly the point, though - yeah, Vanek was good against the Bruins when he was in Buffalo.  He had some monster games.  And yeah, he had a four points in three games with the Islanders v the Bruins.  But that doesn't actually mean all that much now that he's in Montreal.  He may not be a fit there; he may be asked to play differently (there are a few guys in LongGuyland who have been very good agaisnt Boston (Nielson comes to mind).  He might not be in the situations he's capitalized on in the past, and he may have a short-timer mentality.  "This team isn't going to make it to the Cup, and I'm signing in Peoria next year for Megabucks, so I'll just make like a cat and play out the string."

What happened in the past is in the past.  The Bruins are a better team even though the Scabs have Vanek.  End of message.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So you're hoping they don't make it in ?

For what reason ?

[/QUOTE]

I don't really care if they make it or not,anytime the Scabs hit a rough patch is reason enough to make me smile.If they make the playoffs and the B's play them thats ok with me because i know the B's can beat them.I wouldn't say i'm hoping for them not to make it,i just won't miss them.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some of you are influenced too easy by one game.

Because Vanek didnt back check on the Chara goal, I've changed my mind about the trade.

LOL!

[/QUOTE]

I think we realize its only one game but we also realize that Thomas Vanek isn't Gretzky/Lemieux/Howe rolled into one player.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think this is exactly the point, though - yeah, Vanek was good against the Bruins when he was What happened in the past is in the past.  The Bruins are a better team even though the Scabs have Vanek.  End of message.

[/QUOTE]

This is what i'm trying to say.