2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

Re: Help Me With This One

In response to JWensink's comment:

Only possible reason for this post

What? We need a bigger boat?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from asmaha. Show asmaha's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

If Vanek is a Bruin killer, and the Bruins faltered at the deadline for allowing Montreal to acquire Vanek, how did the B's smoke the Habs last night?

You said something unflattering about a Canadiens player, so I'll respond from the Habs fan perspective:

"Boooooooooooooooooo! Scandaleux!"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobruins. Show bobruins's posts

In response to SanDogBrewin's comment:

So you're hoping they don't make it in ?

For what reason ?

Because I hate the Habs.....and hate the media hype in MTL come playoffs.... and I go back to MTL from FLA in April

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

I don't think we really need to pick a side here -- between thinking Vanek is worthless, or thinking that the Habs scored a coup at the deadline that will haunt the Bruins.  The answer is obviously somewhere in between.

Come playoff time, the Habs might have beaten the Bruins without Vanek and they might beat them with him.  But I think the Bruins will beat them either way, and I hope they play each other.

Maybe Vanek adds a couple of percentage ticks in the Habs favor.  I don't think he changes the matchup or tilts the balance in any major way though.  I guess he could have a big impact, but so could anyone else, recently acquired or not.

I also don't understand the "Bruin killer" talk about Vanek.  Killed them at what?

He's faced them once in the playoffs (2010), and Bruins beat the Sabres fairly easily.  Maybe he's had a knack for scoring goals against the Bruins, but A) that doesn't equate to winning, and B) the past has nothing to do with the future in that way.  

Is he more likely to score on Rask in 2014 because he scored some goals on Thomas while he played for the Sabres?  No. 

I'm glad that last night quieted the hype and hand-wringing about Vanek, even if I agree that one game means practically nothing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

For the record , I was not one these people that wanted Vanek , nor was I one of these people that were quaking in their boots , when it was announced he was traded to Montreal , yes he has a history of success against Boston ,nor does one game determine my opinion of him , I was merely pointing out his lack of effort , on the Chara goal  , no one will ever accuse him of being a Selke nominee , but that was a lame excuse for a back check , if that was Shawn Thornton putting forth that kind of effort , people on here would be ripping him to shreds ....would you defend that ?? . Pretty sure Julien would of had Vanek's behind firmly planted on the bench , for an extended period of time . I'd imagine Therrien wasn't too thrilled about it either . For a guy who wants upwards of 7 mill per....no thanks , I'll Bergeron every day and on Sunday over Vanek .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco0863. Show marco0863's posts

In response to DaveyN's comment:

In response to kelvana33's comment:

8 days ago people were upset, some even scared that Vanek went to Montreal.

Now, some of those same people are glad he's not in Boston.

What changed?

That Chara goal.

I still think obviously Vanek is a great player, but he wasnt really noticeable last night and was clearly lazy on that goal.

I think vanek is a good player and let's face it I didn't notice any mtl playerafter first period. I'm not a huge fan of vanek but hey lets use the popular theory here. .

" let him adapt" 

I do think he could have helped Boston In playoffs though .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeelyOrrBourque. Show NeelyOrrBourque's posts

For what reason ?

He, Red and Boston197??? Whatever will each win a $100.00 off me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 50belowzero. Show 50belowzero's posts

In response to NeelyOrrBourque's comment:

For what reason ?

He, Red and Boston197??? Whatever will each win a $100.00 off me.

Yeah baby!!!

Sections
Shortcuts