Help Us PC before deadline !

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from boborielly224. Show boborielly224's posts

Help Us PC before deadline !

Krejci injured, Kelly injured and now Mcquaid.

With Krejci day to day return and Kelly IR, now is the time to see if Brier will be available.

Third line help Clowe is the big name on the rumour boards.

L. Smid from Edm. could a " possible" PC move

Long shot Iginla is the best rental for the Bruins post season run. But Bruins will first need a center, for the injured Kelly. Or just keep peverly in the third line center spot.

Lucic Brier Horton (once Krejci is back w/o rushing him, with Brier in the line up can fit on third with peverly clowe )

The only negative about acquiring these players is the bruins picks next draft will be very weak cause their will be none.

All i know is PC will need to fill the spots and soon.

March Bergy Seguin

Clowe Peverly Caron

Paille Camp Thorn

Pandolfo

Chara Hamilton

Sieds Boychuk

Ference Smid

Johnson

Rask and Kudo

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Re: Help Us PC before deadline !

I think Clowe has a shoulder injury, not sure how serious though.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bisson1. Show Bisson1's posts

When is the deadline? 

I don't expect any big name top 6 types to be acquired, maybe a Glencross type, decent third liner. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jpBsSoxFan. Show jpBsSoxFan's posts

In response to Bisson1's comment:

When is the deadline? 

I don't expect any big name top 6 types to be acquired, maybe a Glencross type, decent third liner. 

I believe the trade deadline is April 3rd.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

In response to jpBsSoxFan's comment:

In response to Bisson1's comment:

When is the deadline? 

I believe the trade deadline is April 3rd.

Correct

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

It is almost vital. Spooner shows good skills when Claude gives him some ice time. Claude can no longer carry "no skills" Thornton. Campbell's line would be much more effective with a better skilled player. There is no room for a "snarling cheerleader" as much as the emotional fans would create a rebellion. Horton's game by game play needs more commitment. He's great when he works at it, but doesn't help when he floats and wanders. Definitely need a stronger Pandolfo replacement; and both Johnson and McDermid need to be played or replaced. Claude is missing some more effective moves so far this season.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

People are mentioning Clowe. I like Clowe's gm but he is having a truly awful season, 25GM 0G 9A -7.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to stan17's comment:

People are mentioning Clowe. I like Clowe's gm but he is having a truly awful season, 25GM 0G 9A -7.  

Plus he has shoulder issues....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to jmwalters's comment:

In response to stan17's comment:

Plus he has shoulder issues....

That too JM, I didn't know he was injured till I saw this post.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

Regarding Krejci being day to day: was I the only one screaming "take him out" last night?

This is a completely different team w/out David, and there is something to be said for protecting your assets.

I understand that Krejci isnt a baseball player ("Im not going to come back until I am 100% healthy and have my timing back because if I come back and slump, my next free agent contract will only be 70 million and not 90 million"), but at some point, the decision needs to be taken away from him.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Drewski5's comment:

Regarding Krejci being day to day: was I the only one screaming "take him out" last night?

This is a completely different team w/out David, and there is something to be said for protecting your assets.

I understand that Krejci isnt a baseball player ("Im not going to come back until I am 100% healthy and have my timing back because if I come back and slump, my next free agent contract will only be 70 million and not 90 million"), but at some point, the decision needs to be taken away from him.

I think I mentioned this in the game thread but it seemed to me a little short sighted to risk further injury to your #1 center while sitting your #3 just to, as CJ suggested, "motivate him."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from G4ck5. Show G4ck5's posts

In response to bogie6's comment:

It is almost vital. Spooner shows good skills when Claude gives him some ice time. Claude can no longer carry "no skills" Thornton. Campbell's line would be much more effective with a better skilled player. There is no room for a "snarling cheerleader" as much as the emotional fans would create a rebellion. Horton's game by game play needs more commitment. He's great when he works at it, but doesn't help when he floats and wanders. Definitely need a stronger Pandolfo replacement; and both Johnson and McDermid need to be played or replaced. Claude is missing some more effective moves so far this season.

What are you talking about? That 4th line has been the best line for us in weeks. Just to point out I am not a huge Thornton fan. Between Soup, Thornton and Pallie that line has pretty much been the only productive line in the last 5 games maybe 6 games. Now if you want to talk about carrying a line its the first line. Lead Boots Lucic and Floater Horton are driving me crazy. Last night if i could of benched Lucic I would have. I dunno if the kid has no fire or what. Maybe he is hurt or something I really hope that is the case. But 1 of those 2 need to find a new home because they are just annoying to watch when they don't try.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

He wasn't himself last night but kudos to him for wanting to and playing while not 100%. He's the center for the 1st line and they are struggling to score. I like the fact that he felt a sense of urgency to be in there. Thats what makes hockey players who  they are.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

With the way the market I'm not betting Chiarelli makes a substantial move .  Prices is high to make a trade for a top6 or good 3rd liner . PC will not give any of the Bruins top6 , top5 D or Campbell and Paille . What's left over ?  Players that other teams will not want and some other teams that are more desperate than the Bruins will and can practically sell the farm.

Chiarelli will not match those type of offers , it's just not the way he operates. Of course unless he pulls the used cars salesman trick. 

I'm thinking it's more of Zanon's , Rolston's and Mottau's of this world therefore Bruin fans don't be too disappointed with high expectations . 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to kelvana33's comment:

He wasn't himself last night but kudos to him for wanting to and playing while not 100%. He's the center for the 1st line and they are struggling to score. I like the fact that he felt a sense of urgency to be in there. Thats what makes hockey players who  they are.

Agreed.  Love him wanting to be out there.  But when he was slumped over the bench 1/2 way through the third, with a bright red face and shaky legs, the decision should have been taken away from him (for his own good).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

With the way the market I'm not betting Chiarelli makes a substantial move .  Prices is high to make a trade for a top6 or good 3rd liner . PC will not give any of the Bruins top6 , top5 D or Campbell and Paille . What's left over ?  Players that other teams will not want and some other teams that are more desperate than the Bruins will and can practically sell the farm.

Chiarelli will not match those type of offers , it's just not the way he operates. Of course unless he pulls the used cars salesman trick. 

I'm thinking it's more of Zanon's , Rolston's and Mottau's of this world therefore Bruin fans don't be too disappointed with high expectations . 

I want a player, who has an inflated cap hit, but is a UFA at the end of the year.  We have sooo much cap room....If we target players w/ inflated cap hits, teams who do not have excess cap room cannot enter the market for said player and thereby drive up his price.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

It's a nice idea, Drew, but if you factor in who's with a team in the playoffs (Semin, Elias) and how many of the teams in the playoffs have sufficient cap room (everyone but maybe Vancouver and Minnesota), you're left with a lot of teams wanting Jagr, Iginla and Ribiero.

Spooner played because he was coming home and he's been a good kid so the team (management/coaches) likes him.  Keeping Peverley out was just opportunistic.  I'd like to see RP back in the lineup and motivated against the Loafs, with Spooner and without Pandemonium.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

In response to Bookboy007's comment:

It's a nice idea, Drew, but if you factor in who's with a team in the playoffs (Semin, Elias) and how many of the teams in the playoffs have sufficient cap room (everyone but maybe Vancouver and Minnesota), you're left with a lot of teams wanting Jagr, Iginla and Ribiero.

Spooner played because he was coming home and he's been a good kid so the team (management/coaches) likes him.  Keeping Peverley out was just opportunistic.  I'd like to see RP back in the lineup and motivated against the Loafs, with Spooner and without Pandemonium.

I may be reading this wrong but it looks like there are more than a few teams that simply can't add a $7 million Iginla without moving someone currently on their roster:

http://www.capgeek.com/

Drew may be on to something here....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I prefer No4Goat's nickname,  " Panda " 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

When the small/mid-market teams GMs are ordered to start dumping salary then things will lossen up. It will be a trade day deal and like in 2011 it will be a player like Peverley that Bs fans least expected. Ference is defenitely going out on a deal or he would be re-signed by now. I also think this years 1st round pick is gone and i'm ok with it cause doesn't matter with Chiarellis development plan(s) or lack there of.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Matthias!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

We need IGINLA

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

jm - it's the real dollars that count, not the annual cap hit.  In real dollars, you only need to have the cash to pay about $2M in annual cap space for Iginla's salary for the final 13 games.  That's pro-rating everything against the 48 game season.  Capgeek is now accounting for this and showing you the calculation - average annual value (cap hit) a team can add today and at the deadline.  Far right column - only three teams will not be in a position to add an annual cap hit of $8M - Van, NYR, Minn.  Everyone else is in the running.  Including Philly, because the Flyers add LTIR money to their potential to add contracts but not to their base cap space.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

I'm warming up to this Matthias guy. Seen him against the B's and in parts of a few other games. Looks like he would be a good fit here and hopefully wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. FLA is about the only team far enough out that they might be selling before April 3rd.

So I'm on board, NAS. PC...Get it done!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmwalters. Show jmwalters's posts

jm - it's the real dollars that count, not the annual cap hit.  In real dollars, you only need to have the cash to pay about $2M in annual cap space for Iginla's salary for the final 13 games.  That's pro-rating everything against the 48 game season.  Capgeek is now accounting for this and showing you the calculation - average annual value (cap hit) a team can add today and at the deadline.  Far right column - only three teams will not be in a position to add an annual cap hit of $8M - Van, NYR, Minn.  Everyone else is in the running.  Including Philly, because the Flyers add LTIR money to their potential to add contracts but not to their base cap space.

Hmm...you are right. Thanks.